in Portland Community College that teach Music Edit
Professor in the Music department
at Portland Community College, Portland, OR
are you Allen Jones?

12/16/2013
MUSC205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I don't understand why anyone would find him attractive. I thought the class was more of a music appreciation class. No discussion was involved during the whole class or what was happening during the era's of the music genre. Listen to music, Read book, Study.

03/24/2013
good
History of Rock Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Allen is great. I thorughly enjoyed his class and looked forward to going each week. He's really passionate about what he teaches and that transfers to his students. I hope to take classes from him in the future.

12/05/2011
good
MUS204 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Alan is a great instructor. He doesn't just teach the history of Jazz, he provides some really interesting back stories on the performers! I am not a music student, but always felt included and appreciated in his class. Especially loved that the only homework was to "go out and listen to some live Jazz"!

03/09/2011
good
MUS206 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

History of rock and roll - lots of fun. You get to listen to a lot of really great music, learn some fun trivia, and connect the dots between rock sub-genres. Geared towards all students, not just those in the music program. Lots of fun class participation and a few videos.

01/03/2011
good
MUS205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I've taken this same class twice with two separate professors. Both are great professor's in there own respect but I certainly picked up a lot more from Jones' class than I did my previous time taking the course at another institution.

02/22/2010
good
MUS206 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher! Good class! Earnestly wants to teach music history.

05/28/2009
good
jazz204 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

awesome, is an understatement! the man clearly loves teaching, is energetic- witty & very clear. I highly rec any class you can take with him. I have taken the 3 term music history sequence with him & am sorry it's almost over!

04/02/2009
good
histrnr Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

so great... just..really..awesome

04/26/2008
good
MUS205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I was a music lover before taking Allen's History of Jazz class. Now I am a jazz music lover as well. Allen is a GREAT teacher, totally down to earth & super nice. His own love of music is obvious as is his experience as a musician. I would definaly recommend both this class & this teacher to anyone who wants a class they will utterly enjoy!

04/01/2008
good
muc145 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

AWESOME TEACHER! Perfect timing, everything he told me had been only a tiny step away from me already knowing it, and I went from never having played a guitar, and three months later I was performing live easily. Totally recomend him, absolutely the best teacher I've had yet. No Txtbk.