in Harvard University Extension School that teach Finance Edit
at Harvard University Extension School, Cambridge, MA
are you Hamza Abdurezak?

02/18/2014
good
MGMT2780 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Excellent course, great professor! I strongly recommend Prof. Abdurezak's courses at Harvard as they are very practical and very applied in the industry. Yes, challenging at times but you learn a lot! I like his sense humor which is always good quality in challenging course!

02/07/2014
good
MGMT2780 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Our group learned a lot from the portfolio management project that Prof. Abdudrezak put together. We selected a real pension fund portfolio and designed asset risk & return objectives, allocation, risk management & performance evaluation of our client. That skill set helped me shine during my interview and got a real job! I Strongly recommend it!

02/04/2014
good
MGMT2780 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Abdurezak's Investment Management is the most applied course that I have taken at Harvard. He very well integrates his lectures and the semester long project by showing how each lecture is related to the project throughout the semester. I learned a lot and I strongly recommend to anyone who wants to learn applied portfolio mgt. Great class!

01/11/2014
MGMT2780 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Don't take this class! Abdurezak is a very dry lecturer who just reads off his slides that restate what the book says. There are no explanations or examples. Your entire grade is derived from a group project - and almost nothing you learn in class relates to the project. I'm a smart, engaged student who got nothing from this class.

12/10/2013
good
MGMT2780 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent professor and well- organized course. I enjoyed the group portfolio management project that we have been working on through out the semester. Prof. Abdurezak designed the project to make it as real as the industry practices it. I learned a lot since he also included HBS cases in between. I strongly recommend it to anyone.

11/25/2013
good
MGMT2700 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Hamza Abdurezak's courses helped me change my career from biotech to financial services. I really enjoyed his lectures and his industry experiences. I am doing CFA program now & his courses gave me strong foundations. I strongly recommend his courses to anyone who wants career in financial services! I found TA Sat review sessions confusing.

11/24/2013
good

I have taken Corporate Finance and Investment Management, with Prof. Abdurezak. He was the best professor ever! I admired his knowledge and enthusiastic lectures. The reviewer of 10/19/13,10/30/13 & 11/8/13 on this site must be the same person who might have some issues with Prof. Abdurezak. This is a professor who taught these classes for years!

11/08/2013
MGMT2700 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He isn't the best teacher when it comes to explaining material simply. I believe he knows the material he teaches very thoroughly, but he is unable to translate that knowledge effectively.

10/30/2013
MGMT E-2700 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I have taken this professor twice the first time I took him was in his corporate finance class. Very confusing at explaining things but his TA who held saturday sessions was extremely helpful he should have been the one actually teaching the material. The only reason I got an A- in this class was because of the TA time and dedication.

10/19/2013
MGMT-E2700 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He flies thru his slides. He's real smart but is not a teacher. You MUST go to Sat. Sessions that's where the teaching occurs with the TA. 60% of grade is final. Did not feel prepared for final. The worst teacher undergrad/grad. Hes the only one teaching but enough complained and they have another teacher now. Wished Ihad waited for new one