in Harvard University Extension School that teach Finance Edit
at Harvard University Extension School, Cambridge, MA
are you Hamza Abdurezak?

02/18/2014
good
MGMT2780 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Excellent course, great professor! I strongly recommend Prof. Abdurezak's courses at Harvard as they are very practical and very applied in the industry. Yes, challenging at times but you learn a lot! I like his sense humor which is always good quality in challenging course!

02/07/2014
good
MGMT2780 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Our group learned a lot from the portfolio management project that Prof. Abdudrezak put together. We selected a real pension fund portfolio and designed asset risk & return objectives, allocation, risk management & performance evaluation of our client. That skill set helped me shine during my interview and got a real job! I Strongly recommend it!

02/04/2014
good
MGMT2780 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Abdurezak's Investment Management is the most applied course that I have taken at Harvard. He very well integrates his lectures and the semester long project by showing how each lecture is related to the project throughout the semester. I learned a lot and I strongly recommend to anyone who wants to learn applied portfolio mgt. Great class!

01/11/2014
MGMT2780 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Don't take this class! Abdurezak is a very dry lecturer who just reads off his slides that restate what the book says. There are no explanations or examples. Your entire grade is derived from a group project - and almost nothing you learn in class relates to the project. I'm a smart, engaged student who got nothing from this class.

12/10/2013
good
MGMT2780 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent professor and well- organized course. I enjoyed the group portfolio management project that we have been working on through out the semester. Prof. Abdurezak designed the project to make it as real as the industry practices it. I learned a lot since he also included HBS cases in between. I strongly recommend it to anyone.

11/25/2013
good
MGMT2700 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Hamza Abdurezak's courses helped me change my career from biotech to financial services. I really enjoyed his lectures and his industry experiences. I am doing CFA program now & his courses gave me strong foundations. I strongly recommend his courses to anyone who wants career in financial services! I found TA Sat review sessions confusing.

11/24/2013
good

I have taken Corporate Finance and Investment Management, with Prof. Abdurezak. He was the best professor ever! I admired his knowledge and enthusiastic lectures. The reviewer of 10/19/13,10/30/13 & 11/8/13 on this site must be the same person who might have some issues with Prof. Abdurezak. This is a professor who taught these classes for years!

11/08/2013
MGMT2700 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He isn't the best teacher when it comes to explaining material simply. I believe he knows the material he teaches very thoroughly, but he is unable to translate that knowledge effectively.

10/30/2013
MGMT E-2700 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I have taken this professor twice the first time I took him was in his corporate finance class. Very confusing at explaining things but his TA who held saturday sessions was extremely helpful he should have been the one actually teaching the material. The only reason I got an A- in this class was because of the TA time and dedication.

10/19/2013
MGMT-E2700 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He flies thru his slides. He's real smart but is not a teacher. You MUST go to Sat. Sessions that's where the teaching occurs with the TA. 60% of grade is final. Did not feel prepared for final. The worst teacher undergrad/grad. Hes the only one teaching but enough complained and they have another teacher now. Wished Ihad waited for new one

06/19/2013
MGMT E-2700 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

The home work assignment always went beyond what he covered in the class. He did not cover the homework assignment clearly after the home work submission... Super hard if you just start to learn corporate finance.

05/24/2013
good
MGMT E-2700 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great course, excellent professor! I have learned so much in this course although ti was challenging. As any finance course, I registered knowing the challenges but I learned so much because of the great professor, the reading and a lot of work through out the semester. I strongly recommend to any who want to master corporate finance!

05/20/2013
good

I have taken Corpoarate Finance this Spring & Investment Management in the fall with Prof. Abdurezak. I should say he is the best professor of finance that I ever had! The way he structures his courses, delivery and mastery of the subject is quite amazing. He has tremendous industry knowledge & academic credential. He has been teaching since 1999!

05/14/2013
MGMT-E-2700 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Prof read thru his slides at breakneck speed. No real teaching. You must go to Sature Review Session with TA to learn anything. You might as well skip class and read the textbook and teach yourself. 60% grade is the final. Did not feel prepared for test. Class is required for degree and he's the only one teaching the course. Good Luck.

12/18/2012
good
MGMT2780 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took Investment Management course with Prof. Abdurezak here at Harvard in the Fall of 2012 and I extremely enjoyed and learned a lot in this course. The professor is very knowledgeable and has strong industry knowledge. I strongly recommend his course to any one interested in portfolio management. To top it of he has strong sense of humor!!:)

08/17/2010
good
MGMT2780 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took Investment Management course with Prof. Abdurezak in the Spring of 2010. This is the most applied & very exciting course that I I have taken at Harvard. Prof. Abdurezak is passionate and extremely knowledgeable of risk & investment management industry. The project that he made us work on during the semester was the best! I recommend strongl

12/04/2009
good
Finc140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Corporate Finance: Difficult course, great instructor. I made use of the excellent TA who held Saturday morning reviews (attendance recommended). This is the hardest course I've at the Extension School so far, also one of the most rewarding.

01/21/2009
good

Excellent professor and great course. Although it is challenging, you will learn a lot if you put in some efforts. I just got my grade and I should say Prof. Abdurezak is also generous in his grading! Prof. Abdurezak is very knowledgeable & passionate. I recommend his course strongly. I will also take his Investment Management class in Spring!

02/10/2008
good

I took the class this Fall. I am in the masters program and this is the most challenging and yet very rewarding class for me. Prof. Abdurezak is no nonse professor he tells you right away that the course will be challenging. It seems he buys the princple "no pain no gain" He is extremely smart & on top of finance and I strongly recommend it anyone

12/08/2007
FINC140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Although a dry lecturer, Prof Abdurezak is an excellent professor with a tremendous amount of knowledge. The saving grace in this course however is his TA's, who hold an additional session that you really need to attend to pass the course. His final test consists of only 10 questions and is something like 60% of your grade so you better be ready.