Jamie Thornton at Tarrant County College (all)

Jamie Thornton

Number of ratings 28 / Average Grade:  A+ Submit a correction

4/11/14

ENGL-2332

DO NOT TAKE THIS CLASS! The class is not terribly hard. One essay per week. However, the teacher is horrible. Any question I ever had was responded to by an internet link or by her telling me I should know it already. I learned nothing from her. I should have gone to the dean about how poorly she conducts herself and I still might.

12/11/13

World Lit 2332

Open

Grade ReceivedA+

Awesome teacher! if you don't mind writing essays every week then its all easy! Read and write. Two main essays which are 5-7pgs long but honestly each essay took me 30mins and the 5/7 pg took 1-2 hrs but this is an easy A+ class definitely will take her again if I get the chance

12/11/13

ENGL2332li-t1650

Grade ReceivedA+

Dr. Thorton is not a class you want to take for an easy A. You might skate by with a C or B. but effort is required. No test at all. Essay each week two page and work cited, 5 page min for rough draft, and 7 page fore final paper. some reading is a lot longer then others some are a few pages, you tube video on lesson to help. I would take her again

11/23/13

I took her online for summer term, a fast pace term, and I couldn't get a response to emails. She takes questions very personally and will take them out on your grade. The work isn't hard, just lots of reading. Be sure to refer to her as DR and not Prof. Or you will lose points. Its best not to take her at all, she is trynna prove something.

6/6/13

Engl2332

It is not a hard course if you keep up with the reading which is a lot. Very time consuming. I did however take that along with two other 3credit courses and a Phed. class and still managed to pass. I am a procrastinator and I did tend to slack a lot but I passed. If you actually try you can get an A easy.

3/2/13

ENGL2332

There is a 1 1/2 to 2 page paper due every monday over literature reading that can be 8 to 40 pages long. There will be an 7 page paper due at the end of the semester. I didn't find the work hard just time consuming for a literature course. I was writing more papers for this course than my english comp 2 course.

9/10/12

engli2332

I believe she could be a great professor but I think she is trying to prove something. The work load is too musch and it makes no sense Every student had the same concern but she was not concerned at all Do not take this professor if you ever want to graduate and keep a good gpa because this class will cause you to fail all your other classes

1/30/12

ENGL2332

May be a decent English Composition instructor, but workload for her Distance Learning World Literature course is ridiculous. Frequently confuses your email with other students'. Assignments and email responses are unclear and seem to be full of nonsense. Much more writing than in an English Composition course.

12/9/11

eng2333

Leaves no time for other classes, work, or family. End of semester load was absurd. When confronted about site tech probs, she argued w/us every time and was reluctant to admit her errors. Was arrogant about how we would work around the problem and asked us not to email her anymore. Confusion was met with annoyance emails were responded to slowly.

11/18/11

Eng2333

Took her online for world lit. It's easy if you're fine with reading a lot. Every week we are assigned reading and have to write about it in the discussion boards. It's easy but the reading is usually at least 40-70 pages every week. No tests. Just journal grades, discussion board grades, and a seven page paper will be assigned.

9/7/11

Eng1301

She was my first and still my favorite college teacher. I took her for 1301 and 1302. She teaches you exactly what you need to know to be successfull in college. Very interesting women and I hope that TCC understands what a jewel of a professor they have. Highly recommended.

6/10/11

engl1401

She is awesome!!

5/13/11

ENG1301

Love her, love her. She is best english professor. Awesome professor. Taking her for english is a must!!!!

3/22/11

ENG1301

Great teacher! Very friendly and easy to learn from take her.

10/2/10

ENGL1301

Good prof

7/6/10

engl1301

shes really nice and soooo funny! her class was one of the easiest ive taken at school this yr. i just finished her composition II class and aced it!! she just a really great all around teacher! sooooo hilarious

6/28/10

ENG1301

Wonderful teacher. She teaches with clarity and she is very conscious of time. Let's out at least 30min early. You will work, however you will get your money's worth!

12/18/09

engl1301

SUPER easy! it is def. an EASY A! She even lets you out about 30 minutes early! Assignments were simple, you work all semester long on your final paper! If you want an easy A take HER!!!!

10/1/09

ENGL1301

Awesome teacher

9/13/09

BritLit

Love, Love, LOVE her!!! I have taken A LOT of classes and she was definately one of my most favorite teachers. I worked hard in her class but she made it fun and interesting. She obviously loves what she does and cares about her students. She is not demanding and will work with you.

More English professors at Tarrant County College (all)

1.7