in Tarrant County College (all) that teach English Edit
at Tarrant County College (all), Fort Worth, TX
are you Jamie Thornton?

05/17/2014
good
ENGL-2332 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A

Dr. Thornton's World Literature class is an easy A if you do the work and turn it in on time. As long as you meet the requirements for paper length and use correct MLA style, she is very gracious in her grading. She does not accept late work or offer extra credit, so it is vital that you keep up and turn your assignments in on time every week.

04/11/2014
ENGL-2332 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

DO NOT TAKE THIS CLASS! The class is not terribly hard. One essay per week. However, the teacher is horrible. Any question I ever had was responded to by an internet link or by her telling me I should know it already. I learned nothing from her. I should have gone to the dean about how poorly she conducts herself and I still might.

12/11/2013
good
World Lit 2332 Taken for Credit:No Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A+

Awesome teacher! if you don't mind writing essays every week then its all easy! Read and write. Two main essays which are 5-7pgs long but honestly each essay took me 30mins and the 5/7 pg took 1-2 hrs but this is an easy A+ class definitely will take her again if I get the chance

12/11/2013
good
ENGL2332lit1650 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A+

Dr. Thorton is not a class you want to take for an easy A. You might skate by with a C or B. but effort is required. No test at all. Essay each week two page and work cited, 5 page min for rough draft, and 7 page fore final paper. some reading is a lot longer then others some are a few pages, you tube video on lesson to help. I would take her again

11/23/2013
2331 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took her online for summer term, a fast pace term, and I couldn't get a response to emails. She takes questions very personally and will take them out on your grade. The work isn't hard, just lots of reading. Be sure to refer to her as DR and not Prof. Or you will lose points. Its best not to take her at all, she is trynna prove something.

06/06/2013
Engl2332 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

It is not a hard course if you keep up with the reading which is a lot. Very time consuming. I did however take that along with two other 3credit courses and a Phed. class and still managed to pass. I am a procrastinator and I did tend to slack a lot but I passed. If you actually try you can get an A easy.

03/02/2013
ENGL2332 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

There is a 1 1/2 to 2 page paper due every monday over literature reading that can be 8 to 40 pages long. There will be an 7 page paper due at the end of the semester. I didn't find the work hard just time consuming for a literature course. I was writing more papers for this course than my english comp 2 course.

09/10/2012
engli2332 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I believe she could be a great professor but I think she is trying to prove something. The work load is too musch and it makes no sense Every student had the same concern but she was not concerned at all Do not take this professor if you ever want to graduate and keep a good gpa because this class will cause you to fail all your other classes

01/30/2012
ENGL2332 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

May be a decent English Composition instructor, but workload for her Distance Learning World Literature course is ridiculous. Frequently confuses your email with other students'. Assignments and email responses are unclear and seem to be full of nonsense. Much more writing than in an English Composition course.

12/09/2011
eng2333 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Leaves no time for other classes, work, or family. End of semester load was absurd. When confronted about site tech probs, she argued w/us every time and was reluctant to admit her errors. Was arrogant about how we would work around the problem and asked us not to email her anymore. Confusion was met with annoyance emails were responded to slowly.