in Santa Monica College that teach Philosophy Edit
are you Amber Katherine?
B+
01/26/2015
good
Philo 3 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A+
"Amazing lectures" "Inspirational" "Respected by students"

Amber is one of the most inspirational teachers I have ever had. She really cares about Philosophy and how it is relevant to living a good and moral life. The lectures are exciting and engaging. She makes you work for your grade, but if you show up and do the work, you will come out of the class with a different outlook on life.

01/13/2015
good
Philos 1 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: C
"Respected by students" "Hilarious" "Amazing lectures"

Katherine is some kind of SMC superstar. It's impossible to go a week without overhearing one student tell another "Take Amber Katherine, she's amazing." The rumors are true: Amber Katherine is amazing. At the very least, take her class because you're bound to run into someone else who has and it makes for great conversation.

01/06/2015
good
3038 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Respected by students" "Amazing lectures" "Would take again"

Catherine Amber is an amazing professor who cares about her students and really insures that the full range of philosophy is understood by her students. I was a vegetarian years ago and her class transformed me into a vegetarian again, after watching a movie. Her class changed me in many respects and I am grateful to her for her eloquence.

12/23/2014
good
3038 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: Rather not say
"Clear grading criteria" "Would take again" "Amazing lectures"

I cannot be thankful enough for a most cathartic and life-changing semester! She been a monumental inspiration to my life not just academically but also personally. I have adapted various changes in the way I live and think and can only be indebted to her passion-filled guidance. It was a great honor and immense privilege.

12/19/2014
good
Philos 4 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+
"Amazing lectures" "Big time extra credit" "Would take again"

Awesome professor with amazing method of teaching. Free atmosphere of sharing papers. She is helpful, clear and confident with the materials she teaches. It was the best college experience I have ever had. Go to her office hours and enjoy learning! do not worry about your grades as long as you are putting work and effort on your papers.

12/18/2014
good
Philosophy 1 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

One of the best college teachers I've had so far. Really draws your interests to the class topics.

12/03/2014
good
Philosophy 1 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B
"Clear grading criteria" "Hilarious" "Amazing lectures"

This class was very interesting, she's a very dynamic and entertaining lecturer. It sometimes felt more like a class in ecology than philosophy. Too strict, we were not allowed to use computers to take notes and we were not allowed to record the lectures. We are adults and are responsible for our actions if we surf the web during class.

09/02/2014
good
Philosophy 1 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This class is by far my favorite class I have taken. She makes Philosophy fun and easy to learn, while dually relating each lesson to the current diminishing state of the Earth. I learned about things way past just philosophy. You have a 1-page single-spaced essay due after every unit & consistent quizzes. It is extremely interesting and enriching.

08/02/2014
good
Philo1 Philo41 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

FAVORITE professor. She is invested and gives all the help that you seek, if you are interested in philosophy, go to her office hours. Very interesting, funny, helpful, caring, and a great teacher. She is the reason I survived my first year of college and I am excited to take more classes with her.

07/24/2014
good
2931 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

You're going to have to buy a brand new textbook w the online code, but this teacher is worth it. Tests are very easy and straight forward, amber encourages you to explore and learn on your own, but she will challenge you. I am so grateful i got the opportunity to spend philo 1 with her. and she offers tons of extra credit. take her if you can!

05/24/2014
good
environmental Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Opens your eyes to the environmental destruction of fueling Capitalism and the extinction of biodiversity due to the careless actions of human consumption. Reduce carbon footprint and protect your community with green solutions, breathe better live better, highly recommended class Amber is the best!

05/19/2014
good
Phil 1 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This class is work, but it is one of the best classes I have ever taken in my life. She is an amazing professor and person. Her lectures are always so interesting and I look forward to every class. Take her!! I highly recommend her :)

03/08/2014
good
Phil1406 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This class is a must. This is one of those life-changing classes that you leave taking a piece with you. She sets up her class brilliantly, instead of taking it personally if you missed class/an assignment you would just lose a few points allowing you to prioritize. Wrote a few papers but the movies we had to base them off of were very interesting

02/23/2014
good
PHILOS 1 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Amazing human being! Take this class, whether you're interested in philos or fulfilling IGETC requirements. Dr. Amber's lectures are crazy interesting... Winter session: online quizzes everyday (be prepared to read read read), 2 debate papers, 4 film reflections, and 3 open-book exams. Managed to get an A while taking a second class. TAKE HER!!

02/20/2014
good
Philosophy 1 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

TAKE THIS CLASS. (If you're willing to put in some effort and actually learn something). Very helpful, lots of quizzes that are kind of hard. exams are easier and open book. gives EC opportunities. knowledgeable professor and compelling class. Take it!! makes philosophy fun :)

02/19/2014
good
Philosophy 4 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This class is SO much work - expect to have a paper due every class - but it is absolutely worth it. Amber is amazing at helping you develop a sense of purpose and understanding about yourself. Be prepared to critically question everything! It's unlike any other class you'll take at SMC and throughout college. Go to Office hours!

02/13/2014
good
Philosophy 3025 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She was honestly the best teacher I have had so far! She keeps you interested, explains things clearly, not afraid to speak her mind, and you will look forward to her class. Tests are open book (even the midterm/final), essays for me were the most challenging required much thought. A few online quizzes per week, they help. Take her class!

12/20/2013
good
Philos1Scholar Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

You need to buy the textbook/access code. Although she doesn't like to be proven wrong, is a little harsh on essays, and is rightfully skeptical of Scholars students, she's very open to others' ideas and tries her best to be compassionate. The quizzes can be a bit tricky but the tests are pretty easy. Gives a lot of ec opportunities.I liked her :)

12/19/2013
good
PHILO 1 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Best prof I've had yet. She's hilarious, informative, and truly changed my outlook on the world/philosophy. I entered the class with only a slight interest and now I want to take as many philosophy classes possible! She's a rational if not easy grader. It's very easy to get an A in her class.

12/16/2013
good
philosophy 1 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She inspired me in so many different ways! The material is very challenging but she knows her stuff. I highly recommend you take this class if you have the opportunity!