in University of North Alabama that teach English Edit
are you Daryl Brown?
A+

01/15/2014
good
EN211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I absolutely love this professor! He is one of the most clear and helpful ones out there!! I personally hate literature and he made it so much easier and interesting to me. You have to read, you have to study and you have to come to class, but what do you except from a college class? I highly recommend him to anyone. He is challenging but worth it!

11/14/2013
EN231 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Seems like the class is going to brutal at first, but after the first couple of weeks he lightens up. A lot of reading involved and he gives daily quizzes almost every class meeting. Overall, not a bad professor but helps if you like literature. I'm taking him again next semester.

06/11/2013
good
ENG 556 Adv Wri Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I Have read the comments preceding and am amused by the "need to read the material" ones. You are in COLLEGE, not in high school or your mammies lap. He is an excellent teacher, passionate about writing and literature and determined to get the best out of you. If you don't belong in COLLEGE, don't go there.

05/05/2013
good
EN-232 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I've never had lower than a high B on any English or Lit assignment or test before this class and the day before final I had a 69avg. Probably due to not reading the assignment until 5mins before class though. But for some reason I love this guy. He's pretty legit and he makes the class fun. I just hate his tests and quizzes!

04/19/2012
good
EN455W Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Brown is a wonderful teacher! You have to work, and his classes are discussion based, but he cares about you and he has improved my writing. He is an excellent teacher!

04/16/2012
good
ENG01 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took him for EN 112. He is very understanding and he helped us out a lot. I am going to take him for my EN lit class if I can.

03/21/2012
ENG232 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

You will be called on every class. You wil take a quiz every class meeting. You do have to read the material. You get called out if you get your phone out AND emailed after (he counts you completely absent for just getting it out!!!!)

12/16/2011
EN232 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

If you're taking this course just because you have to, DON'T take Brown.

07/15/2011
good
LIT231 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

It's a Lit class, expect to have to read. That's what lit is, dudes. But if you do that, his quiz answers are painfully obvious. He only gives those to make everyone read and in the end they turn out helping you. He's a great teacher and keeps the class interesting and understandable.

03/16/2011
good
Lit232 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He is a very chill teacher. His quizes are hard, but if you thoroughly read your material you will do well. His tests are not hard if you study. But he does tell you to know everything. I sucked up several of my quizzes but left the class with an A because I did well on the tests. He gives you 2 tests and quizzes. That's it. Don't mess up on tests.