in University of Nevada- Reno that teach English Edit
at University of Nevada- Reno, Reno, NV
are you Margaret Urie?

12/03/2014
good
ENG 101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A-
"Gives good feedback" "Participation matters" "Respected by students"

Urie's class is easy. If you do the readings and turn in the assignments on time and do the essays, you will pass this class. In addition, she is easy to talk to and makes the class enjoyable. If you ever need help on an assignment, she is there to help.

05/11/2014
ENG 321.03 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Her feedback on essays wasn't that helpful (mostly minor spelling/grammar corrections) and her grades weren't justified; she seemed to pluck them from nowhere. The lectures were awful (sitting in a dark quiet room while she drones next to the overhead about something we already read) and I didn't get much out of the class.

04/15/2014
ENG 321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Honestly, it's about time to retire. She doesnt know how to use the overhead which is the only technical equipment she uses. She is hard to discuss with and she doesnt even give you handouts for your first few essays. She wants everything HER way but doesnt let you know what that is. She's also a ridiculous grader and doesnt reason the final grade.

11/19/2013
Eng 298 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She is a horrible, horrible English teacher. If I wanted to reread the stories and poems she assigns, I would do it at home, because honestly, all she does is reread what you were assigned to read. THATS HER TEACHING METHOD.

11/30/2011
ENG298 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She encourages discussion in her class, but honestly, I didn't feel comfortable enough to speak my opinion. She makes her opinion of you obvious, and if she dislikes you, you know. She criticizes your papers, but not to improve your writing. I dreaded going to class - and won't take her again.

11/22/2011
Eng321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This class is so dull, I dreaded going to class. She is a nice lady but does not help anyone become a better writer because she doesn't give corrections or feedback, she just grades. Really lame class

06/02/2010
good
ENG321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I find it odd that others rated her so low, but noticed most were not for Eng. classes. This class was one of those that I looked forward to going to. A lot of reading, but it's bearable. She actually makes writing fun. I recommend her to any student looking for a good English teacher. Easy "A", or at least "B", if you do all the work.

05/16/2010
ENG298 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Do not take this woman. The minute I walked in this class, I felt like she DID NOT like me. Her feedback on essays are BS, didn't help me at all. It was hard to take her seriously. She has ZERO passion in what she teaches. Her tests were REALLY hard. You'd have to memorize every detail of the readings to ace them. Take the other teacher. Really.

05/11/2008
CH202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

not a good lecture teacher. Go to lecture grab the handout and peace out!

11/15/2007
ENG427 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I have never felt as though a teacher hated me until I took this class. Every time I raised my hand, she looked pissed. I would not retake another class with her, and I would not suggest the class to my friends either. I am now rethinking my major because she makes me feel like my opinion is horrible and not based on anything.

07/12/2007
CH203 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

worthless, boring teacher - lectures are confusing and she talks her head off about useless stuff. Tests are hard, but even without attending them you can get a good grade in this class. But if i were you i would never walk into a room where she is teaching - what a waste of money and time - unr can do much better than this!

05/01/2007
CH203 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Very boring lectures. I wouldn't recommend taking her. There are definitely better CH professors who will get you interested in the topics.

12/15/2006
good
eng10 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Urie was straight forward and fair. Her positive comments on my papers in English 101 convinced me to stay in college as a struggling unconfident student. She was my favorite teacher throughout my undergrad. studies. I am a teacher partly due to her influence.

12/12/2006
good
ENG298 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Not too bad, her papers are difficult as she has us tackle large topics with a maximum one paragraph or 2 1/2 pages. Everything is easy as long as you do your reading. She does have a tendency to give you that "look" when you voice an oppinion different than her own. I'd prefer not to take her again, but she's okay in a pinch.

02/02/2006
CH 203 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

An OK teacher, definitely not one of the best CH teachers. Readings are just OK and she lets students have little opportunity for discussion or student input in the lectures. Rely on the discussion leaders instead of her-- they are great and are there to help! Not the best, but definitely not the worst either. Very liberal viewpoints.

10/17/2005
ENG 298 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Way too confusing, and pretty boring. Interrupts students mid-sentence. She asks for input, but when the class tries to have a discussion, she cuts everybody off, adding her own thoughts as she goes w/out letting anyone in class get in a complete sentence. Did I mention incredibly boring lectures? She's a nice lady, and does let you make up papers, but it's a hard class to stay focused in if you're not completely interested in every reading.

10/17/2005
English 298 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

09/10/2005
good
297, African... Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Urie was very interested in her subjects, and knew a lot about all the books we read, movies she showed, etc. Not a very difficult teacher, but I think some students had a hard time in her classes. She'll give you the opportunity to make up papers if you don't do too well on them the first time around. She likes to have fun when she's teaching.

05/10/2005
Eng 433 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Tough teacher. Kind of rude and didn't let people know her expectations for papers. Lectures were very boring.

03/30/2005
good
women in lit Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Graceful and hip, an eternal teenager. Full of clever insights into literature. Savvy in women's issues, but not blinkered. Lots of helpful notes on returned papers.