Barbara Babcock at University of Arizona

Barbara Babcock

Number of ratings 11 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

4/23/13

ENGL ANTH 248A

Disorganized: I received a syllabus a class day before spring break. Class lectures were rambles and had no direction. When I researched on my own I got no constructive criticism. I...don't know what happened. It was like a class that anthropology discarded- though I understood the importance of her 'subject (s)' or folklore- I am turned off.

12/18/11

ENGL449

This class was useless. It was terribly easy, but not even worth taking as a GPA booster seeing as it was almost painful to sit through her lectures (which consisted of either rambling about her personal life or reading to us directly from the textbook). I learned nothing except to avoid ever taking another class from her.

10/15/10

ANTH248A

DO NOT DO IT. Introduction to Folklore had nothing to do with folklore. It is all about Ishi, the last Yahi Indian. Extremely boring. She frequently cancelled her class and/or office hours. Sometimes without telling anyone. Only grade was 1 final paper. She provided very little guidleines and guidance in general.

8/31/10

Eng248a

This class was a bust. I went to every class because that's the kind of student I am and I still didn't have a clue what the heck was going on.

8/30/09

ENGL449

Easiest class ever. Many people showed up only 3 times. First day, midterm submission and final submission. For the submissions, people would drop them off and leave. Some days were better than others. At first I didn't think I got anything from this class, but looking back I actually did. She's only provides guidance for what you want to learn.

6/3/09

ENGL449

Folklore. The study of anything around you. Easy 'A' class. You get out of this class what you put into it. She doesn't provide much direction, so its up to you to decide what you'd like to study. She presents material from other folklorists. People who like to be told what to learn won't like this class. Don't expect her to hold your hand.

6/2/09

ENGL449

SKIP!! I took her folklore class and I learned nothing! She canceled class all the time with excuses galore! I got an A but felt totally jipped on my education! She just rants about nothing at all! Truly skip her classes if you want your money's worth in education! I never even bought the books, they were not needed at this low standard!!

10/8/08

ENGL0000

i'm not entirely sure this professor is sane.

1/7/06

Engl 449

This class (folklore) had the potential to be really interesting, but she made it bone-dry boring. This late night class was painful to sit through, and, like someone else said, she had no real control of her classroom. This woman is very knowledgeable about American Indian studies, but she is one of the worst professors at UofA.

4/6/05

ENGL 5??

Dr. Babcock is a fountain of information. Seek her out to help build your thesis bibliography! Class sessions are dry, but her real talent is in providing relevant research to your interests. You have to seek her out in office hours to get her full effect.

3/31/05

Engl 549

Disorganized, lazy, living on her laurels. No control of the class room. Unable to deliver relevant material in a usable fashion. I would dread those late night classes (7-9:30)

More English professors at University of Arizona