Betty Thomson at Community College of Rhode Island

Number of ratings 17 / Average Grade:  A+ Submit a correction

10/9/13

Math 0500

Grade ReceivedWD

This women is nice but she is NOT a good "teacher" If your fresh out of high school shes ok but if your not you will get left behind! I watched the online lectures and taught myself! She does the math in her head and expects you to know what she is doing! Take a lab, you have endless time to finish tests and a prof is always present! Waste of time.

8/20/13

smt-272904--01

Grade ReceivedA+

By far the BEST professor I ever had!!! Anyone lucky enough to have the option of taking her course, should do so. This is the type of person I would love all professors to model themselves after. A true gem.

11/14/12

math1430

best teacher ever, I would recommend in a heartbeat. cares about students, goes slow enough to understand but not too slow that it's boring. I hate math and she really helped me learn to like it. She's a sweetheart.

6/15/11

MATH0600

Very easy and very intersting

5/13/10

MATH0600

The best experience I have ever had in a Math Class. I've learned more about math with Thomson then I have in my entire life. She is friendly, helpful, and extremely patient. She gets to know her students, and gives individual attention. I'm taking a course with her again next semester!

5/3/10

Math1430

Betty is such a sweet heart, she loves to help her students. She is always saying jokes, and most important makes math enjoyable and easy. I would recommend her to anyone taking math, she has all the patience in the world and really wants to see her students get good grades.

12/14/09

Math0500

I hated Math! Betty,helped me have a passion for numbers. She made it easy to understand and never made me feel like I couldn't do it! A+ For Betty!

5/9/09

Math0600

Prof, Thomson is one of those teachers who cares about her students.I hated math. Betty always went above and beyond in helping me out. If you really want a teacher who will give you the building blocks to math she is the one. I did't hate math I just didn't understand it. Her dedication help me make friends with math. A in my book for Betty.

3/18/09

math0500

With out Prof,Thomson I would of given up on math. She helped me make friends with math.Is there any else to say.One of the best teachers I ever had wish that I could give back to her as much as Prof, Thomson has given to me. Many Prof, should take after her example.

5/17/07

MATH1430

She was OK, but made a simple subject a lot harder and more complicated than it is.

12/6/06

Math1430

Prof. Thomson was one of my favorite professors at ccri. She cares alot about every single student in her class. Very willing to work with you in class on assignments when you need it. if you need a math class take her.

3/13/06

hst 250

she is the best teacher in the world. I would recomend her to anyone who needs a math class. It dosn't matter what level you're at, she will help you understand math better.

12/20/05

math 1430

i had her last semester, she ranks up in my top 5 professors i've had here. she's nice,helpful, and amazing. for example, i had tutoring in the class. when we were doing stats with the normal curve her and my tutor worked together to help me out. she's awesome! no other words to put it.

12/14/05

Math-lib arts

Two thumbs up for Prof. Thompson. She was exceelent as a professor. Very funny, and was excellent in explaining all the material. Always went over the hw questions and welcomed questions as well. Wish I was in another one of her classes!

11/19/05

Math

In the Math lab, Prof. Thomson is outstanding! She is very helpful and always approaches each and every student with a smile. She truly cares about students and does her best to encourage you to do well. Her instuctions are clear and understandable. Students who are weak in Math tend to do better in her classes because she takes the stress off.

5/5/05

Math 1430

Ms. Thomson is the best math teacher at CCRI.She helps students outside of class, and will go the extra mile.She cares deeply about her students and wants to see everyone succeed.It was a pleasure seeing her smile everyday.She is very warm, and has a great personality & sense of humor.Great WOman

4/4/05

math 1430

she's a really awesome professor

More Mathematics professors at Community College of Rhode Island