in Community College of Rhode Island that teach Mathematics Edit
are you Betty Thomson?
A+

10/29/2014
good
31407 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Respected by students" "There for you" "Hilarious"

I love this lady. She's always so happy and her class is easy.

08/03/2014
good
MATH 1430 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The class is EASY. It is far from feeling like a college math class. Much more about critical thinking than calculating. Betty is an awesome woman. She's helpful. Her two exams match everything you learn from the book. Homework, four online quizzes, and two exams total. Great experience.

04/23/2014
good
math0500 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This professor changed my entire attitude toward math. I HATED math right up until I took her course. She opened my eyes to so much, that I now have bought my own Barnes and Noble math/physics books to read for leisure. I even started working at an accounting firm after graduating. She is amazing.

10/09/2013
Math 0500 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: WD

This women is nice but she is NOT a good "teacher" If your fresh out of high school shes ok but if your not you will get left behind! I watched the online lectures and taught myself! She does the math in her head and expects you to know what she is doing! Take a lab, you have endless time to finish tests and a prof is always present! Waste of time.

08/20/2013
good
smt-272904-01 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A+

By far the BEST professor I ever had!!! Anyone lucky enough to have the option of taking her course, should do so. This is the type of person I would love all professors to model themselves after. A true gem.

11/14/2012
good
math1430 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

best teacher ever, I would recommend in a heartbeat. cares about students, goes slow enough to understand but not too slow that it's boring. I hate math and she really helped me learn to like it. She's a sweetheart.

06/15/2011
good
MATH0600 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very easy and very intersting

05/13/2010
good
MATH0600 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

The best experience I have ever had in a Math Class. I've learned more about math with Thomson then I have in my entire life. She is friendly, helpful, and extremely patient. She gets to know her students, and gives individual attention. I'm taking a course with her again next semester!

05/03/2010
good
Math1430 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Betty is such a sweet heart, she loves to help her students. She is always saying jokes, and most important makes math enjoyable and easy. I would recommend her to anyone taking math, she has all the patience in the world and really wants to see her students get good grades.

12/14/2009
good
Math0500 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I hated Math! Betty,helped me have a passion for numbers. She made it easy to understand and never made me feel like I couldn't do it! A+ For Betty!

05/09/2009
good
Math0600 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Prof, Thomson is one of those teachers who cares about her students.I hated math. Betty always went above and beyond in helping me out. If you really want a teacher who will give you the building blocks to math she is the one. I did't hate math I just didn't understand it. Her dedication help me make friends with math. A in my book for Betty.

03/18/2009
good
math0500 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

With out Prof,Thomson I would of given up on math. She helped me make friends with math.Is there any else to say.One of the best teachers I ever had wish that I could give back to her as much as Prof, Thomson has given to me. Many Prof, should take after her example.

05/17/2007
MATH1430 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She was OK, but made a simple subject a lot harder and more complicated than it is.

12/06/2006
good
Math1430 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Thomson was one of my favorite professors at ccri. She cares alot about every single student in her class. Very willing to work with you in class on assignments when you need it. if you need a math class take her.

03/13/2006
good
hst 250 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

she is the best teacher in the world. I would recomend her to anyone who needs a math class. It dosn't matter what level you're at, she will help you understand math better.

12/20/2005
good
math 1430 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

i had her last semester, she ranks up in my top 5 professors i've had here. she's nice,helpful, and amazing. for example, i had tutoring in the class. when we were doing stats with the normal curve her and my tutor worked together to help me out. she's awesome! no other words to put it.

12/14/2005
good
Math-lib arts Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Two thumbs up for Prof. Thompson. She was exceelent as a professor. Very funny, and was excellent in explaining all the material. Always went over the hw questions and welcomed questions as well. Wish I was in another one of her classes!

11/19/2005
good
Math Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

In the Math lab, Prof. Thomson is outstanding! She is very helpful and always approaches each and every student with a smile. She truly cares about students and does her best to encourage you to do well. Her instuctions are clear and understandable. Students who are weak in Math tend to do better in her classes because she takes the stress off.

05/05/2005
good
Math 1430 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Ms. Thomson is the best math teacher at CCRI.She helps students outside of class, and will go the extra mile.She cares deeply about her students and wants to see everyone succeed.It was a pleasure seeing her smile everyday.She is very warm, and has a great personality & sense of humor.Great WOman

04/04/2005
good
math 1430 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

she's a really awesome professor