in Georgia Southern University that teach Child Development Edit
at Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA
are you Trent Maurer?

05/19/2014
good
CHFD 2134 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Maurer is one of my favorite professors at Georgia Southern. He is very passionate about what he teaches and will make sure you learn. His clicker questions come straight from the notes so go to class to get easy 100's. His tests are straight from the notes as well, and he also posts study guides. Great teacher and great class!

05/18/2014
good
CHFD 2134 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A-

Dr. Maurer is a great teacher will be taking him for another course and excited about it. Take him if you can!

11/19/2013
good
CHFD 2130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Maurer is a great professor. He is so interested in not only the material but making sure you are prepared for real life. Tests are easy if you study and he gives partial credit. Quizzes and assignments are EXTREMELY easy. (Seriously 100s on everything without even trying.) Go to class, take notes, and you're golden.

11/03/2013
good
CHFD 2134 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is a great teacher and his tests come directly from his notes! He uses power point so it is not strictly lecture. He also does many different activities with the class. I would highly recommend taking his class!

12/12/2012
good
CHFD2134 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I absolutely LOVED this class! One of the most interesting classes I've ever taken. He lectures every day but I looked forward to them because he makes them so interesting. Easy participation points, just bring your clicker! Notes are straight forward but his tests are difficult. Be sure to use the book to study. I got a B! Definitely Recommend.

12/12/2012
good
CHFD2135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Maurer LOVES this class, and is very enthusiastic. Clicker quizzes are an every day thing along with online quizzes. It is a lot of information that you basically have to teach yourself but as long as you read and do the reading guides you'll be fine! Tests are easier than you think. I got an A! He truly cares about his students.

04/11/2012
good
CHFD2134 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Interesting class! Dr. Maurer is very into what he teaches and is open to ALL comments and questions. He's very clear on the material. I would go to class for the notes, because they are not provided. Exams are scratch-offs (like lottery tickets) and they increase your average test score tremendously. Great class, great professor. i recommend.

03/01/2012
good
CHFD2134 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

family development is a lot of notes but he explains things very well. the class has a lot of good and interesting discussions. his test are straight from the notes plus he gives partial credit so its easy to pass if you study. i really like him as a teacher and would recommend him

01/30/2012
FYE1220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Maurer is very precise. You will start class on time and not 30 seconds later. If you're late, you are either tardy or absent, no exceptions. Also, if you miss more than one or two classes, you will fail. He's very strict on attendance. Also, you must be able to follow directions extremely well. If not, you will still fail. Good luck!

01/08/2012
good
CHFD2135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great Teacher. Child Development (CHFD 2135) was a difficult class but I learned a lot. Go to class everyday. Do Reading Guides and study. The toughest class I've had at GSU but with work & his help it is manageable. I got a B. I would recommend the class & him! I also had him for Family Development(CHFD 2134)Easy, lots of extra Credit. Made an A.

12/19/2011
good
CHFD2134 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great Teacher. Gives very clear notes, provides detailed study guides for exams, makes class interesting, and attendance is optional (but i recommend going to class bc pwr points are not provided) Do the extra credit quizzes!! I didnt take the final and I came out of the class with an A and I really learned a lot! AWESOME TEACHER!

12/16/2011
good
CHFD2135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

If you do all the reading guides and go to class every day then it's easy to get an A. He is overall a good professor and has your best interest in mind. Just be prepared to be bored.

10/27/2011
good
CHFD2137 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

a faced paced class. make sure you do the reading guides because they will help with the daily quizzes. he gives partial credit on test so its hard to fail. he honestly wants you to do well and will explain anything you need. the class is very hands on and very entertaining. i would recommend taking him just be prepared to put in the effort!

06/11/2011
CHFD2135 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

His outlines only help sometimes, he assumed I don't know how to study. We don't agree on anything, and I am considered a bigest because I am a Christian. Sorry, but I am not going to stop saying bless you. Homeschooling is a legitiment form of education and its a baby not a fetus. You have your views I have mine, why cant I voice mine too?

05/18/2011
good
CHFD2130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

class is pretty hard but if you go to class everyday and take good notes and REVIEW THE NOTES EVERY NIGHT you'll be fine. Try to do the quizzes online right after class since its fresh in your mind. He is really easy to talk to and he makes learning economics really fun. He's a pretty cool professor overall I enjoyed him thoroughly!

05/18/2011
good

He is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! i loved his class!! go to class everyday because he gives quizzes over the reading guides! and make sure you do the reading guides because they really help you study for his test. He loves what he does and he's an awesome professor! He is a professor that I continue to go to even though Im done with his classes.

05/10/2011
good
CHFD2130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

FEE-I usually only get B's and A's but I am so proud of the C in his class.Yes the class is hard but guess what so is life. He really does spend a lot of time coming up with ways to help us students and he really wants you to pass but you wont if you dont go (duh)!! POGIL is awesome and really makes you understand, and it makes class go fast

02/01/2011

I had him for Child Development and ended up dropping the class. I am an A student. I have had 4.0s for the past 4 semester. I strongly disliked his class. I made a 74 on the first exam and went to go talk to him and he said compared to the rest of the class I did great. I'm not a C student. I wouldn't recommend him as a teacher.

01/27/2011
CHFD2134 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Hated his class! He is so rude. If you don't agree with him, don't say anything because he will make you feel so stupid in front of everybody. I recommend not taking him for anything!!!! I worked so hard in his class and still got a D. I was in his office all the time trying to get help with the material. I was a straight A student until him!

12/14/2010
CHFD2134 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The class itself was really interesting, I actually looked forward to going. He doesn't take attendance, but you HAVE to go to class if you want to pass. You take soo many notes and they're very in depth, and you have to study for the tests because there pretty difficult. He comes off kind of arrogant, but you just have to get used to him.