Spencer Blake at Salt Lake Community College

Spencer Blake

Number of ratings 106 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

4/3/14

SOC-1010-005

He was very helpful, I now have a new appreciation for Sociology.

3/25/14

SOC 1010

I loved this class! If you have to take this class for any reason take it from him!

8/22/13

SOC1010

Professor Blake was an amazing instructor. I would absolutely recommend him for any class he teaches. His knowledge and expertise are obvious and his stories are fun and easy to relate to the material. If you go to class, read the material and participate, you will ace this class.

7/29/13

SOC1010

He kept it "real". No beating around the bush. Made Sociology fun to learn. His grading styel is great.

8/20/12

SOC2400

Prof Blake is awesome! I really loved his Inter-mountain West class, it's amazing what you don't know about the region you live in! It was so interesting and Prof Blake has an awesome way of grading and assigning work. This is probably a class that a lot of people would over look but you shouldn't because it is really awesome :)

8/4/12

soc1010

This class will stimulate your mind because of all the interesting facts and because of the way its presented by an amazing professor. Professor Blake is one of the best professors I have ever had.

1/3/12

Soc1010

Professor Blake is a teacher that goes above and beyond to teach you the material. He makes class fun and interesting. You do use your book and syllabus for this class,but the most important tip is to memorize the vocabulary and the theorists for the tests. Professor blake is a great teacher! I'd strongly recommend this class.

12/18/11

SOC2400

I LOVED the point safari for this class. I think this method was excellent because you get what you want from the class. I wish more professors would teach in a similar manner.

12/7/11

introsoco

Love this class hes a great teacher hands down

12/1/11

Soc1010

Best Teacher I have ever had!!! After taking his class I ended up changing my major :)

11/28/11

soc1010

This class is very fun. Blake gives reviews after each section. As long as you show up and take notes you will pass. Very entertaining class. Best professor i've had.

11/23/11

Soc1010

Best professor ever! His lectures are super entertaining and easy to follow. Take notes and study your note cards and you will do well on his tests. I would reccomend to anyone needing a social science credit.

11/10/11

Socio1010

Spencer Blake is the best teacher hands down. Easy class and entertaining. He's a very dirty minded man but its humorous. Definitely recommend taking a class from him.

11/9/11

Soc1010

When i first started this class i was going to transfer out because i was a bit intimidate by him. But as i went along i actually really liked him, and the class was really fun. All you have to do is go to class, take notes and study 3x5 cards. There was also no homework, which was nice.

11/4/11

SOC1010

An amazing professor!! I learned so much from this class. There was never a boring moment. There isnt any hw and all you have to do is show up and take notes. There was 3 test that arent bad at all and an optional final. It has been my favorite class this semester.

8/27/11

Socio1010

He is the best teacher at SLCC. I highly recommend taking sociology class from him.

8/8/11

Soc1010

Blake was awesome! Couldn't say anything better than what everyone else already has! I can't wait to take more classes from him!

8/4/11

SOC1010

Very good teacher. Knows his stuff. Suggests using flashcards for learning. Uses good examples and lots of real life stories. Fun class.Good learning experience.

8/3/11

SOC1010

Awesome professor. He uses examples that will help you remember the material and he's funny. Just come to his class and you will learn and have fun! I highly suggest you take any of his classes.

5/29/11

Soc1010

Three tests and an optional final. Blake's was the only class that I looked forward to and helped me drag myself out of bed for. He's awesome!!

5/17/11

Soc1010

Amazing~! Best teacher at SLCC.

5/14/11

socio1010

Amazing teacher. I would highly suggest you take his class. He makes sociology interesting and fun. Probaby the best professor at SLCC.

5/11/11

SOC1010

Easy Class!!! Don't buy the book, just show up to class and take decent notes and make flashcards. Really interesting teacher who likes involving students.

4/29/11

SOCI101

He is the best teacher I've had yet, he teaches the material a way you'll remember it for the rest of your life. He's funny to boot

4/25/11

SOC1010

Best professor yet, hilarious! I didn't use my book once though, he did poke fun at me a couple times for it though. If you can't attend every day, you will need the book.

4/22/11

SOC1010

He is probably the best professor I have ever had in my life! He probably could make any subject fun! He gets the whole class to participate and he is extremely funny! He definitely cares about his students. I HIGHLY recommend!!!

4/19/11

SOC1010

I love love loved this class. It was very entertaining, although he can sometimes pick on people it wasnt bothersome at all. He made the class fun, and its obvious how much he cares about teaching and making sure his students actually learn something they will be able to use. He's awesome.

4/10/11

socio1010

I absolutely hated classes and teachers at Slcc, but i would enroll there again just to take a class from him. fun, entertaining and he could quote almost word for word from the book and help you understand. Must take his class

4/9/11

SOC1010

Professor Blake was my favorite teacher at SLCC. The class is discussion based, and Blake plans his lectures to be interactive with the students. Reading the book is helpful,but test questions come directly from lectures. This was actually a fun class to attend though. I would definetly take another class from him.

1/22/11

Soc1010

Great Professor. Its rare to see one that actualy cares about their job.

1/11/11

SOC1010

I just started my new semester of school, and I made sure to have Spencer Blake as one of my professors. Taking his class is definitely A MUST

12/21/10

SOC1010

This is a review for students, like me, whom don't enjoy discussion based classes. There?s no homework, but class is very interactive and Blake is a bit of a jerk. Your beliefs, ideas and opinions are up for public ridicule at his hands. If you?re introverted and decide to take this class anyway, sit in the back and pray you can become invisible.

12/19/10

SOC2600

LOVE Blake. I took his Intro and Family class, love them both, wish I could take his Intermountain class. He is so clear and precise about the topics, and when you walk away from the class you will never look at society the same. If you can squeeze into his class do it!

12/6/10

Soc1010

Awesome teacher! He presents the material in a way that is easy to understand. If you show up, listen and take notes you will do great on the tests. His tests come straight from the lecture notes.

12/3/10

SOC1010

Entertaining, while being very informative. He's also very fair in his grading. Once he gave me points I actually got wrong and I told him. His reply was, "you won't suffer for being honest and for my mistake, keep the points". EPIC WIN! Highly recommended!

11/25/10

Soc1010

A very fun and interactive class. I learned a lot by just listening to his lectures. You've to take notes and read the textbook to ace the tests. Overall, being in his class was an amazing experience. All teachers should teach the same way he does. Just lecture and discuss and have three exams (plus a final to change an exam grade). AMAZING!

11/24/10

Soc2400

Best prof ever.

10/13/10

soc1010

I have taken both 1010 & 2600 from Blake. This was interesting because for the first month I had him, I hated his guts! He comes across as a jerk, but he's not! He is a really REALLY good professor, he teaches well, preps you for tests well, and you will learn A LOT! Take him and hang for a while, he is worth it!

9/26/10

SOC1010

Greatest professor I have ever had. I highly recommend him. Brought back a love of learning. I wish he taught every subject.

8/25/10

SOC1010

The BEST teacher you can ever get, HAND DOWN! This teacher makes you want to come to class and learn. Fun, outgoing, very positive, and keeps it real. No assignments. 3 exams and a Final. But if your happy with your grade, you don't have to take the final exam. I would recommend Spencer Blake to EVERYONE!

8/5/10

SOC1010

Appreciate Spencer while you still can! Professors at 4 year schools definitely aren't as incredible as he is..not even close! He could teach at Harvard if he wanted to, he's THAT amazing! TAKE HIM!! :) He has been my absolute favorite teacher of all time!

8/2/10

SOC1010

Best teacher I've ever had for any subject in any school. Prof. Blake gives a lecture each class period and is very good about telling you exactly what you need to know for tests. You're expected to read the corresponding chapters in the book as well but I rarely did and I got perfect scores on his tests.

7/29/10

SOC1010

What a great teacher! I wish the class was longer than the summer semester. You learn a lot, and he teaches you a lot and its really fun! Also an extremely educational class. You learn lots, study hard and you will succeed! I recommend this class to ANYONE!

7/28/10

SOC1010

I've taken both Intro Sociology and his Marriage and Family Relationships class. His intro class is fairly easy, he gives you everything you need to know for the test. If you take another class of his, be warned you will have to figure out what will be on the tests. If you put the effort into studying for any class, you will get the grade you want.

6/30/10

socs1010

this teacher is amazing.. i actually have him right now and his class is the highlight of my day. he makes you think and you can really tell that he has a passion for teaching us.

6/28/10

IntroSoci

He is one of the best teachers i have ever had. He uses examples that are so clear to us. His lectures always involve the students and I wish he taught something boring like math or reading so I could have fun in those classes too!lol (=

5/17/10

SOC1010

I wish there were professors like Spencer at 4-year schools! I truly miss what an incredible teacher he is. If you are even remotely thinking about taking any Sociology calss from him, do it! You will not regret it. He is by far the absolute most amazing teacher I have ever had, not to mention the BEST at SLCC, no doubt! Absolutely love him!

5/1/10

Soc1010

By the end of the semester you want to say " yes, we get it. women, right?" but he's an easy, laid back interesting professor. If you are in any SLCC sport, you get extra attention! He has his faults, but I apparently like him enough to be taking 2 more classes with him in the Fall.

4/19/10

SOC1010

BEST TEACHER AT SLCC! IF YOU'RE TAKING A SOCIOLOGY CLASS IN THE FUTURE AND YOU DON'T TAKE HIM, YOU'D BE CRAZY!!! WOULD TAKE IT AGAIN

4/19/10

Soc1010

The Best Teacher in the World. He makes you WANT to come to class. I want to be just like him when I grow up.

1/4/10

SOC1010

If you get offended easy, dont take this class. Can be funny at times but it got really annoying! If you study the book and vocab, you will do well. He is not willing to work with you if you miss tests and no extra credit.

1/4/10

SOC101

Funny, uses lots of examples and keeps the subject matter interesting.

12/3/09

SOC2400

I took Blake for my intro class and for the Sociology of the Intermountain west class. He's absolutely phenomenal. This class is more challenging than his 1010 class. You are assigned different sections to do assignments from, but once you complete one from each, you are free to earn your points however you want. Very involved and worth taking!

12/2/09

SOCIO1010

Take this class!! You will not be disappointed! 3 tests and the final if you get good grades on the first 3 tests you don't have to take the final. He is the best teacher I have ever had! He lectures straight off from his syllabus and never tests on anything he hasn't covered. I took a 3 hour class from him and it never felt like 3 hours! :)

12/1/09

Socil1010

BEST TEACHER EVER! He made class very entertaining and he helped us get ready for the test. He taught in a very fun and creative way. I am considering taking another class from him just for fun. He is very nice and very helpful. He is my fav teacher ever!

11/30/09

SOC1010

Taught the class in a fun way that made the material easy to remember. I would definitely recommend this teacher to anyone interested in taking Sociology!

11/25/09

soc1500

So much fun and gives great examples to help you understand. Plus he's not bad to look at

8/26/09

soc1010

Awesome teacher. He makes sociology way more fun. you only have tests. no papers. :)

8/10/09

Soc1010

Blake is a great teacher! He makes his class lectures very fun and interesting, this is a class that I actually wanted to go to!! I would highly recommend him!@@

7/28/09

Soc1010

As long as you go to class and do your readings this is the easiest class, you only have 3 tests all semester and he drops your lowest test score out of the 3, his lectures are very entertaining, I looked forward going to class!

5/9/09

SOC1010

He is a very good teacher and will not waste your time silly assigments. You do not need to agree with him. It will not affect your grade. He really knows the material and his explanations are very clear. One of the few teachers that I have had at SLCC who did not discriminate.

5/4/09

SOC2630

Professor Blake is seriously so great! His lectures are interesting, super fun, and clear. The assignments are very reasonable and the tests are easy if you study! Blake is helpful and way nice. Would I recommend Spencer Blake? Uh, YES! HE'S THE BEST!! :D

4/15/09

SOC1010

He is the BEST teacher I have not only had at SLCC but probably ever! He makes classes so interesting and fun and he makes it so you want to go to class. He explains everything you need to know for the test in class, just go have fun and take notes and you will fly threw the class! I HIGHLY recommend him as a teacher! He is awesome!!!!

3/17/09

Spencer is the best.

12/12/08

SOC1900

I have taken SOC 1010, 1900 and 2400 from Spencer. I will be finishing at SLCC this spring - and I can honestly say he has been the greatest professor I have had. He truly is an amazing teacher. Other Soc prof's cannot even compare. I wish he still taught 1020, it would have been much better with him teaching this semester. I absolutely love him!:)

11/20/08

SOC1010

Took 1010 and 2600 from him. After 10 years of slowly jumping through colleges, I can easily say this professor is one of my favorite top 3 ever! Take him if you can, you won't regret it.

11/3/08

Soc1010

WoW! He really is the best College professor I have ever had! Dr. Blake will make you LOVE sociology! He teaches things that make you really see, and question things.. I am very impressed with Each Lecture

11/2/08

soc1010

I loved his class! It really got me interested in sociology! My favorite professor I had at SLCC.

9/19/08

SOC1010

Professor Blake is a great professor! He's clear in his lectures, and he always keeps class interesting. I definitely recommend in his class!

9/10/08

soc1010

Honestly, I wish this man tought every one of my classes. I'd be set for straight A's if that were the case. He makes textbook information exciting, interesting, and hilarious. There's a strong possibility I'm going to major in Sociology now thanks to Blake. I strongly recommend this class.

7/31/08

SOC1010

Why go to the U, when you have great professor's like Blake at SLCC? Very well structures class. Attendance is completely not necessary (if you study really hard), but I would highly recommend, thought provoking. Blake is very good at challenging your thinking. If you took out the credits the class would still be worth what you learn.

5/1/08

soc1010

If someone pays attention in class and studies twenty minutes a day an A+ will not be a problem. Funny, thought provocative, and entertaining. It was the only class I never fell asleep in.

4/6/08

Socio1010

I adore this man! I would take any class he taught. He is fair and funny and makes everything he teaches interesting and applicable. He loves his subject and it shows. Take good notes and enjoy the ride - I'm a little sad that I'm almost done with his class.

3/26/08

SOC2400

Spencer is by far my favorite prof. He's awesome! His 2400 class is more of a History class, but he still makes it interesting! You have to earn your own grade and you pick what all you will do to earn your grade. I'm not a huge fan of this class, simply because I'm not a big History fan either... But he's still an amazing teacher. :)

12/8/07

soci2400

Professor Blake's Sociology 2400 class was amazing. I learned so much. The class was very unstructured which I really liked. It let me learn a lot about the things I found most interesting and I really thought it was an effective way to learn.

11/28/07

SOC1010

After taking his Sociology 1010 class, I fell in love with Sociology and switched it to my major from Psychology. Professor Blake is by far the best professor I have had at SLCC throughout my experience thusfar. Even for an Intro Soc class, it was rather interesting and enlightening. I highly reccommend taking his class!

11/11/07

socSECT

After 7 years of college, Blake is still my FAVORITE!! He makes class FUN and highly useful in everyday life!! I took multiple classes of his, and wish I could go back for more!! He is extremely knowledgeable in the subject he teaches, enjoys being there and it shows.

6/26/07

Soc1010

Really great easy teacher, brings his subject alive, and gives you his own personal summary of the books as well as tells you what is going to be on the tests

1/15/07

Intro1010

He was one of the best teachers that I ever had!He teated you like a colege student and made no exuses for you if you were not resposible. He was 100 % prepared and understood his material. It was so interesting listening to his lectures. He new exactly how to prpare you for a Univesity. That has helped me alot. You're never bored in his class!

8/28/06

Soc1010

He was my first professor ever. i really thought i would love college if all the professors were like spencer. boy was i wrong. he has been my favorite so far

7/11/06

This Professor is the best. One of my favorites at SLCC.

6/28/06

SOC 2500

Great teacher, great personality, he makes the class fun. It is lecture style, however, participation is strongly encouraged. NOt an easy A, but you have to work to fail. Highly reccomended.

3/16/06

soc 2500

Tooke the intro Sociology class from him and loved it. Social Psychology is even better and the teacher is still great. Even though the class isn't in my major, Blake still teaches things that are relevant to life in general. The class is relatively easy and still no homework. It's great!

12/20/05

SOC 1010

Blake's very clear and even though he says to read the text, there is really no need to since everything is explained in his lectures. Not boring at all and there are no homework assignments, only 3 exams and a final (which doesnt hurt the grade, kinda like xtra credit in a sense) and very friendly, will answer any questions you have.

12/13/05

SOC 1010

This was the easiest class I've ever had, and that includes Kindergarden. I just had to show up and listen to some of the funnest lectures of my life and take three simple tests on them. And he reviews right before the tests. I mean come on how much better can it get. But I really learned here too. I still remember all of it.

11/17/05

SOC 1010

Holy crap he is great! He makes you work hard but you get alot of useful things out of the class. By far one of the best Professors at the school. Take his class you'll love it!

10/31/05

I've had five

Spencer is my favorite professor ever. If possible take a class from him. They're a lot of fun. Warning though-some people change majors to take more. You need to know a lot for tests but I've never had a professor make it so clear what you should know. He makes it easy to study and get 100%. He's super friendly and might even set you up on a date.

10/19/05

Sociology 1010

He is so lively and passionate about Sociology. By far one of the best teachers ever. The tests are hard, but he really does prepare you well for them. I love his stories and examples, he really helps the subject apply to real-life situations. I kinda think he's a cutie too!

10/19/05

Comp. Essent.

Great teacher.... very friendly and extremely helpful.... gives you the answers of the day of review.... he would work with you eventhough you are struggling.... Got an easy A out of class and did not have to stress over stupid terms and materials....

10/18/05

SOC 1010

Best class ever! He makes everything clear and he is willing to help. He is funny and always uses examples to explain what he is teaching.

10/5/05

Intro to Soc.

He is the coolest teacher, his lectures never drag and stay motivating the entire class. he helps get his points across by using the students as examples and that is awesome.

9/29/05

Soc

He's so cool. He's funny and involves the class which makes it easier to stay involved.

9/26/05

killer teacher

9/23/05

Sociology 1010

He is the best teacher I have ever had. I hate all my teachers pretty much, except for him. He does'nt beat around the bush, he tells you exactly what you need to know.

9/17/05

3 SOC Classes

I love Spencer's classes. He is very clear in his approach, the material is easy to understand, but challenging enough for you to learn. I have had him for three classes in Sociology, and the only thing I have to gripe about him is that he goes over the same stuff in 1010, 1020, and 2600. It can get a little boring, but other than that I've learned tons in the class. I highly recommend him to anyone going to SLCC for just generals

9/10/05

sociology 1010

Amazing teacher. Do what he says, pay attention, you WILL get a 100 in his class

9/8/05

Social Psych

Great professor, his personality and exicited nature reminds me of Matt Folley Motivational Speaker from SNL and I couldn't get the line "I'll be in a VAN! DOWN BY THE RIVER" throughout the first week of lecture. Overall he tied the subject in

9/7/05

Sociology

Professor Blake is really funny and he makes every class interesting and very entertaining. I learn so much from his class, and I don't even really have to spend that much time studying outside of class. You learn easily because you're having so much fun

9/5/05

soc

9/2/05

8/30/05

sociology

very well versed, fun, and very entertaining

8/30/05

all

I have taken all of my Sociology classes from him. Very entertaining!

8/28/05

8/24/05

sociology

He is the coolest teacher ever! He is very interesting and is clear on what he expects of you. He is more of a friend to me than a teacher

6/29/05

Soc 101

Prof. Blake is just and awesome teacher. He keeps the lessons entertaining and the tests are fair and easy enough if you actually listen to the lectures (which are incredibly fun to listen to anyway)

4/7/05

Multiple

I took four classes from Spencer and I loved every one of them Social Psych was definitely the roughest and Intermountain West was the most entertaining. Take Int. West in the Summer and enjoy the camping trip! Overall a great teacher, highly recommended!!

More Sociology professors at Salt Lake Community College