in Palm Beach State College (all campuses) that teach Music Edit

08/31/2012
good
JAZZBAND Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

David Gibble. Ensembles with this man were amazing. Despite the fact that I dropped my trombone slide NUMEROUS times throughout the semester, he never cast me away. This man showed nothing but caring for my education even though I didn't understand the core concept of a trombone slide. He is an amazing professor and if you are a musician, take him.

08/31/2012
good
MUH2018 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

No only did I get to listen to various types of Jazz via recordings and live performances, but I also learned so much from this class. It wasn't easy, but if you pay attention, take notes, and look over the study guide there is no way that you will fail. Highly recommend Prof. Gibble, especially if you are a music lover.

04/18/2009
good
MUH2018 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Gibble is a great jazz history teacher. Class isn't too bad, just sit and enjoy the music and stories. Tests can be hard, but he has the study guides and all the notes available online. Good professor for those slightly interested in jazz. 2000 word paper about 2 performances required.

12/19/2008
MusicAppr Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is nice, though he never acknowledges if you answer a question correctly-very rarely is there any participating in class. Tests are crazy difficult because he changes around all the def's. Part mult choice, TF and listening (not bad though). Must see 2 perf. and write 8 pg ppr. Boring boring class, must apply yourself for good grade too

11/15/2007
good
MUH2018 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I heart Jazz Appreciation! Prof Gibble makes you love and understand the music. The tests are crazy easy. The study guides have page numbers where you can find the answers and the tests are identical to the study guides. If you study you'll get an A. He requires you to see 2 performances and write a paper.I recommend this class to all music lovers.

12/06/2006
JazzSECT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

this man needs to stop prancing around the room like a fairy. he talks about things that aren't on his tests. and he's very passionate about the subject but makes no effort to lift our interests. i wouldn't take a class with him if it were free.

11/13/2006
good
musicxx Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I was fortunate enough to have this man as a trumpet instructor and teacher. He's very knowledgable and articulate, but he expects you to work in his theory classes. Still, if you pay attention, with his impressive clarity, I'm sure you'll do fine.

03/21/2006
good
mul 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

It is a good teacher, however I took this class thinking I did not have to study and was the one I studied the most

12/18/2005
Mus Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

The class isn't an A, which an elective like this should be. He is so passionate about music that he isn't able to teach it very well. If you're looking for an easy A I wouldn't recommend taking him. You have to study. Imagine that, Studying for Music that's just ridiculous. Take this class if you want some insight into the classical music world.

11/09/2005
Music App Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I think that this class is kind of boring but he is a good teacher and doesnt expect to much. However, he is a little- playing intrument in class happy, sometimes to the point of being annoying. but it wasnt a bad class