Michaelann Tostanoski at Suffolk County Community College

Michaelann Tostanoski

Number of ratings 16 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

2/7/14

art 171

I have taken these courses with Michaelann; art 171 sculpt, Art 141 Photo and Art 161 Ceramics. I had to work hard and go to lab for each class. If you want to know what hard is take come of the computer science courses. I worked 20 hours a week while carrying a 16- 18 hr. load. Seems to me that we have some losers dumping on a good teacher!!

5/14/13

ART 172

I am an art major & this was my first time taking a sculpting class. You can tell she is really passionate about her work. If you are nice to her and show an actual interest in the work, she will love you. She takes the time to stop and talk to you about improving your technique. If you don't argue with her and take her advice you will do great

2/21/13

ceramcera

Unless your an artist, avoid it. She has high expectation and really hard grader. I wish I knew better

1/30/13

ART161

This is the worst teacher I have ever had. She expected me to be on a professional level, knowing that I had zero experience with clay techniques. On top of that she wants the students to go to her open labs caring less about those like me who work full time. Avoid this class if possible.

1/3/13

ART214

Alternative Photographic Processes. She is definitely firm about attendance and performance which to some can be a bother. It really depends on the kind of student you are. Are you trying to take a "simple" elective or are you trying to create something? If she sees you are dedicated & have a reason she is nothing but helpful. Don't take up space.

4/17/11

art161

she was very confusing,I was terrified to come to class. I really wanted to take a fun art class since I never took an art class before, but she definitely wants your work to be a artist level.... I ended up droping the class and wasting alot of money on art supplies. she was no help at all. If you take this class have some prior experience

1/13/10

Ceram1

I loved my class with Michaelann! She teaches Ceramics like it's a real class and expects people to put in effort for a good grade. As an art student, I appreciate having a teacher who makes me really work at improving my work. I wouldn't recommend her to someone who wants to float by, but if you want to become a better artist she's great.

12/3/09

sculp101

I completely agree with the other reviews. She only gives 2-3 classes to work on projects and expects you to come in on your free time during lab hours. She expects way too much out of the students, which by the way, it is an ENTRY LEVEL sculpture class. She is not helpful and has very unrealistic goals. This class will drive you crazy.

10/29/08

VA13

If I had not taken photography in high school, I would have been completely lost. I was trying to help other students in the darkroom because this professor would never come in and help. I 100% agree with the fact that she held unrealistic demands. There was 5 people left by the end of the semester. She did not make it fun at all.

9/15/07

VA93

She's a good professor, a little airy and out there though. She does alot of hands on work so if you're lazy, don't take her.

3/28/07

va91

This teacher sucks! She doesn't help when your confused and she doesn't teach well enough so you won't be confused. The work she gives takes hours to complete AND you pretty much have to come to lab just to meet her unrealistic demands. If you walked into this class wanting to learn about photography, you will be running and screaming to get out!

1/9/07

VA61

This was an easy class if you showed up and did the work. People think a 4 hour class, I'm not goin to make it but the 4 hours flew by. Professor was nice but was not as helpful as some wanted, but i had no problems with her. As long as you try, she will grade you fair.

12/28/06

ceram7012

Thought I deserved a better grade than a "B". Considering all of my work was finished on time with extra credit work.

4/25/06

ceramics

I thought this would be an easy class. She makes it hard! She gives more work than you are able to finish without coming in on your own time. This class caused me more grief than any of my other classes ever! And she's not nice! She never lets the class leave early and looks down on you if you need to take a break! Someone should report her!

8/31/05

Photography

Really awesome, and willing yo help, tough grader, but if you try really hard and put a lot of creativity into your work, you'll be fine!

8/28/05

Intro to photo

She means well, but she is a bit confusing. It seems as though she doesn't really know what she's doing, but she does! Just stick with it and you'll do fine.

More Communication professors at Suffolk County Community College