in Butler University that teach Humanities Edit
Professor in the Humanities department
at Butler University, Indianapolis, IN
are you James McGrath?

11/08/2012
FYS101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

My FYS with McGrath was Faith, Doubt and Reason and I hated it. The topic of the class sounded somewhat interesting, but it is so confusing. The paper topics were impossible to understand completely and everything revolved around philosophical questions that don't have answers. He wasn't good at stimulating conversation and the class was boring.

04/23/2010
good
RL375 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had him for sci-fi & religion, which was a lot of fun anyway. I found myself asking a lot of questions that had never before occurred to me about God, the universe and everything. I strongly recommend this class (especially if you like, Star Trek, LOST and sci-fi in general).

03/24/2010
good
RL202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Class was different than I expected. I know a lot about the Bible and what it contains, but his class studied it like it was a literature piece. So we disected its accuracy, origin, authors, etc. It was very interesting information, but sometimes was a challenge to my faith. But I took the good and didnt worry about the bad. Book was intense

01/14/2010
good
RL222 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Granted, I had McGrath for an unusual class--science fiction & religion--but I had a great time. We pretty much geeked out on Star Trek and Lost (we got credit for watching it) the whole time, but still managed to have deep, meaningful conversations about spirituality and the philosophy of science fiction. Plus, he looks like a jolly leprechaun.

01/25/2009
RL202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He is probably one of the most boring teachers you could ever come across. All he does is come in the class everyday and talk for an hour and then you leave. It is probably the most waste of time I have ever had at Butler. If you want a good nap then he is the professor for you, other than that don't do it.