in Glendale Community College that teach Mathematics Edit
are you Steve Shew?
A+

02/26/2014
good
MAT182 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Shew is AMAZING!! He's funny, intelligent AND he knows his stuff. He knows how to connect with you and teaches EXACTLY what is on his exams. He's an amazing teacher. I would take his classes all the way through calc if I could!

12/11/2013
good
MAT 090 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Though I hate math with a passion I loved his class. He is one of my favorite teachers of all time. For the first time a math class made complete sense. Definitely recommend his for those of you who are not math people because his class really helps!

07/15/2013
good
MAT182 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Love this professor. But going on to calculus, it feels if i'm unprepared due to how easy he made trig.

05/28/2013
good
MAT 150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love this professor! I took him for MAT 150. No homework, no book. If you attend class and take notes its an easy A. I wish he was teaching higher math classes :( If you dont like math this professor goes in details. There is now way anyone would fail his class. Take his and you will not regret it!

12/10/2012
MAT150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

While this guy is one of the better math professors around, he is not astounding. On tests, he will ALWAYS throw in several problems NOT covered in the review, and if you have a scholarship that requires an A average then you'd better get A+'s in other classes, because getting an A on Shew's tests can be really difficult and there is no homework.

09/25/2012
good
math212 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He's the best professor I have ever had. I finally understood algebra.

09/20/2012
MAT182 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

way too easy. class is easy A but i felt i did not learn as much as I should have in a Trig class to prepare me for math classes further along my studies.

08/02/2012
mat082 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

he is too easy, I am nervous where I will do good in my next class because we only covered exponents! and please don't yawn!! he wil keep saying not to do that on your first day of work. drag drag

05/30/2012
good
MAT090 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

very good teacher funny as well. super easy to pass but if you attend everyday. what you learn is basically on the exams. hes a little annoying on repeating certaings things like if we got it but still he's very helpful you cant fail unless if you dont try.

05/14/2012
good
mat212 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He was one of the best math teachers I've ever had I learned more with him than any other math I've taken. great sense of humor and he makes learning fun

05/04/2012
good
mat150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr shew is the best teacher i've ever had..his method of teaching was just wat i needed...im not good at math he explain to the point wen slown ppl like me gets it...take him the best ever

04/13/2012
good
MAT182 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Hilarious and very good at explaining. Guides are EXACTLY like exams.

04/06/2012
good

He uses no book and knows his math inside and out - theoretical and applied. He is engaging and always willing to explain questions. The bad? He gets diverted easily and some use this to eat up time. In three months of class, only right/oblique triangles have been covered. No graphing of trig functions or higher order applications. I feel cheated.

04/02/2012
good
mat187 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

TAKE HIS CLASS. I promise you won't regret it. He will go over problems multiple times so you know exactly how to do them when you take the tests. He makes everything crystal clear and is willing to go over anything you don't understand. I only wish he'd teach calculus!!!

03/27/2012
MAT091 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He was alright. All I did was sleep in his class, and I passed with an A. I guess the class was easy because I knew most of the material that he was teaching.

01/14/2012
good

Nice guy and the class is pretty easy considering his test are exactly like the study guides. He's kinda annoying though, with him asking every five seconds if what he's writing is correct. I guess it helps some people though. I recommend for someone who struggles with math.

11/16/2011
good
Mat182 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The best math teacher I have ever had. He loves teaching the subject, and makes the class fun because he's hilarious. Study guides are exactly like the tests, and his examples of problems are crystal clear. You won't regret taking his class, I promise!

11/01/2011
good
MAT090 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I always struggled with math, but Mr. Shew changed that. His way of explaining things and the way he gives plenty of examples helps you remember how to solve different problems. He is also very funny and will keep you entertained with his old-school sense of humor. Tests aren't too difficult either, and you don't need to turn in HW.

10/22/2011
good
math182 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Shew is a great Trig teacher. Teaches everything without the book so you don't have to buy a hundred dollar book and takes the time to show you exactly what hes doing.

05/11/2011
good
MAT212 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Greatest math teacher ever. It was so easy. We took three tests, final is not cumulative. Tests are exactly like the study guide, around ten questions. Collected only about three of the homework worksheets. Take him if you want an A.