Steve Shew at Glendale Community College

Steve Shew

Number of ratings 52 / Average Grade:  A+ Submit a correction

2/26/14

MAT182

Mr. Shew is AMAZING!! He's funny, intelligent AND he knows his stuff. He knows how to connect with you and teaches EXACTLY what is on his exams. He's an amazing teacher. I would take his classes all the way through calc if I could!

12/11/13

MAT 090

Though I hate math with a passion I loved his class. He is one of my favorite teachers of all time. For the first time a math class made complete sense. Definitely recommend his for those of you who are not math people because his class really helps!

7/15/13

MAT182

Love this professor. But going on to calculus, it feels if i'm unprepared due to how easy he made trig.

5/28/13

MAT 150

I love this professor! I took him for MAT 150. No homework, no book. If you attend class and take notes its an easy A. I wish he was teaching higher math classes :( If you dont like math this professor goes in details. There is now way anyone would fail his class. Take his and you will not regret it!

12/10/12

MAT150

While this guy is one of the better math professors around, he is not astounding. On tests, he will ALWAYS throw in several problems NOT covered in the review, and if you have a scholarship that requires an A average then you'd better get A+'s in other classes, because getting an A on Shew's tests can be really difficult and there is no homework.

9/25/12

math212

He's the best professor I have ever had. I finally understood algebra.

9/20/12

MAT182

way too easy. class is easy A but i felt i did not learn as much as I should have in a Trig class to prepare me for math classes further along my studies.

8/2/12

mat082

he is too easy, I am nervous where I will do good in my next class because we only covered exponents! and please don't yawn!! he wil keep saying not to do that on your first day of work. drag drag

5/30/12

MAT090

very good teacher funny as well. super easy to pass but if you attend everyday. what you learn is basically on the exams. hes a little annoying on repeating certaings things like if we got it but still he's very helpful you cant fail unless if you dont try.

5/14/12

mat212

He was one of the best math teachers I've ever had I learned more with him than any other math I've taken. great sense of humor and he makes learning fun

5/4/12

mat150

Dr shew is the best teacher i've ever had..his method of teaching was just wat i needed...im not good at math he explain to the point wen slown ppl like me gets it...take him the best ever

4/13/12

MAT182

Hilarious and very good at explaining. Guides are EXACTLY like exams.

4/6/12

MAT182

He uses no book and knows his math inside and out - theoretical and applied. He is engaging and always willing to explain questions. The bad? He gets diverted easily and some use this to eat up time. In three months of class, only right/oblique triangles have been covered. No graphing of trig functions or higher order applications. I feel cheated.

4/2/12

mat187

TAKE HIS CLASS. I promise you won't regret it. He will go over problems multiple times so you know exactly how to do them when you take the tests. He makes everything crystal clear and is willing to go over anything you don't understand. I only wish he'd teach calculus!!!

3/27/12

MAT091

He was alright. All I did was sleep in his class, and I passed with an A. I guess the class was easy because I knew most of the material that he was teaching.

1/14/12

MAT182

Nice guy and the class is pretty easy considering his test are exactly like the study guides. He's kinda annoying though, with him asking every five seconds if what he's writing is correct. I guess it helps some people though. I recommend for someone who struggles with math.

11/16/11

Mat182

The best math teacher I have ever had. He loves teaching the subject, and makes the class fun because he's hilarious. Study guides are exactly like the tests, and his examples of problems are crystal clear. You won't regret taking his class, I promise!

11/1/11

MAT090

I always struggled with math, but Mr. Shew changed that. His way of explaining things and the way he gives plenty of examples helps you remember how to solve different problems. He is also very funny and will keep you entertained with his old-school sense of humor. Tests aren't too difficult either, and you don't need to turn in HW.

10/22/11

math182

Dr. Shew is a great Trig teacher. Teaches everything without the book so you don't have to buy a hundred dollar book and takes the time to show you exactly what hes doing.

5/11/11

MAT212

Greatest math teacher ever. It was so easy. We took three tests, final is not cumulative. Tests are exactly like the study guide, around ten questions. Collected only about three of the homework worksheets. Take him if you want an A.

More Mathematics professors at Glendale Community College