Sean Glassberg at Horry-Georgetown Technical College

Sean Glassberg

Number of ratings 14 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

8/4/13

ENG-214-I01

J U S T A W F U L.. Pretty simple do not take this teacher He has no clue how to grade anything. He gives opinion based questions (for tests and papers) and even if backed up with 2 quotes, he will not give you full credit. If you plan to put in 10-13hours for papers and tests and get 70-60’s and your ok with a C take him otherwise steer clear.

6/12/12

ENG214

AWFUL. Not helpful at all. He is friendly and tells you that you do good on discussion boards, but rips apart for essays and will fail you.

2/2/12

Eng102

Not a good experience. He should be teaching 8th grade.

1/5/12

ENG214

This was a the most difficult class I have ever taken. He is an exacting and meticulous grader and I how to write--and learned more about writing papers than in any class I have taken. He prepared me well to move on to a four year college. He was helpful and clear and his feedback was priceless. I took this as an online class and I worked hard!

8/9/10

ENG214

I've never taken an online class, so I didn't know what to expect. Professor Glassberg was very straight-forward and helpful. Unlike previous posters' opinions, I like the fact he is a hard grader. He genuinely wants to prepare his students for the next step into university classes. The stories were fun, and the papers were equally fun to write!

8/20/09

ENG101

I don't know what people are to expect-- he's clear on what he wants and he's very hard, but you will EARN your grade.

8/11/09

ENG155

Immpossible to contact. I thought he was a communcations teacher, but he doesnt communcate with his students at all. So glad to get it over with. His grading is way to off key for the class.

7/31/09

ENG155

He grades assignments very harshly and he does not care if you only need this class to just graduate.

8/2/07

ENG214

Rediculously anal about details and quotes. you can never give this guy what he wants in a paper or essay. friendly on the discussion posts and thats it. he will rip you a new one when you turn in anything for him to "ACTUALLY" look at. Strongly urge not to take this class, though stories are interesting.

11/16/05

ENG 102

I thought he was too tough for a technical college and his arrogant attitude didn't help my opinion of him either.

10/7/05

Fiction

8/24/05

English 155

Great teacher, and a great guy, even if he is a Yankee fan.

5/23/05

English 101

I really enjoyed Prof. Glassberg's Class. He is an excellent teacher. I only hope that when I am an English teacher I am like him.

4/26/05