in University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV) that teach Fine Arts Edit
at University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV), Las Vegas, NV
are you Mark Brandvik?

12/20/2013
good
Art 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I attended his class at CSN. He was a wonderful teacher, knows a lot about art, and is willing to help his students. The only drawback is he is only teaching one class at the time.

11/08/2012
good
ART107 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great class!

12/12/2011
Art107 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The professor teaches well and the projects are interesting. If you put the time and effort you can make some nice artwork in that class.

06/01/2011
good
ART201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This professor is good at teaching drawing period. He uses helpful methods; he knows how to communicate those methods in a tactful way. He gives everyone personal attention. He has no favorites; and he is a funny guy. he should teach advanced drawing! He has been teaching @ UNLV long enough to teach upper level.

08/20/2010
ART101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The drawing techniques he teaches in the class are so helpful. He explains everything really well in a very comical way.

07/13/2009
good

If you like to paint or are into graphic design, this is the class for you. He is great at getting you to think about composition and understanding color. He is a solid teacher that crams in a lot of info. My only complaint is that he does not talk enough about concepts. He is good when he does, but probably is afraid of boring students.

07/13/2009
good
ART102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He really likes what he does. I appreciated the fact that he was willing to spend time with students to refresh their skills and knowledge; on stuff we either didn?t get in earlier classes or forgot. If you tell him your goals, he will work with you on getting there. He can be strict, but if he knows you?re trying he?ll cut you some slack too.

05/12/2009
good
art107 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Really helpful, and teaches you how to come up with great ideas. His class was lots of work like any other art class, but what i learned, was very valuable for my art career.

01/23/2009
good

This guy was amazing and hilarious! However, he could be strict and is professional regarding what he teaches. The projects are time-consuming but it's rewarding when accomplished. Great feedback and very encouraging. Makes you love painting for those who hate it.

09/14/2007
good
Art101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Nice Guy!

08/22/2007
good
ART101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Mark was a professional, knowledgeable, and inspirational professor. He has a genuine interest in the rationale and philosophy behind his students' works. He provided a great atmosphere that fostered personal growth and creativity- with an injection of just enough light-hearted humor to keep things interesting. Great experience!

07/10/2007
good

I dont know where all this flirting stuff comes from. I think someone didnt get enough attention. Brandvik knows his stuff and how to teach it. He also has the ability to let students take what they have learned and use it their own way. Class is easy going and fun, which lets you use more of your own creativity.

05/12/2007
good
ART401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I really don't think Mark flirted with students, although I wouldn't have minded if he'd flirted with me. ;) He offered interesting insights and recommended a lot of good artists during the course. I'd take one of his classes again.

05/03/2007
good
art401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

i'm not sure if this is the class number, but i love mark, he's helpful and an great person, i truly enjoyed the class and him.

01/04/2007
good

I had no clue what I was getting myself into. Mark was an easy going guy who has an awesome viewpoint on art. He brought out a creativity in everyone even if you had no clue on how to draw. The different techniques were awesome too. He was very understanding when situations arised and I am thankful to him for that. You're awesome!! Thanks!

05/17/2006
good
Art 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I really enjoyed this art class. Mark is a great guy and easy to et along with. I don't think he flirts with anyone, just see's students as equals and creates a friendship within the time period of the class. All the ****in and moaning I've read about him is over anyway, Spring 2006 was his last semester teaching for a while...big babies!

04/30/2006
good
LIFE DRAWING Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mark is one of the few in the art dept that cares about his students. He pushes them to achieve their personal bests and makes class fun in the process. Great sense of humor and overall a very enjoyable person. It really saddens me to see what all of these rumors are doing to his morale...please stop! Without him, we will be left to teach ourselves

04/19/2006
good
Art 201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mark is hands down one of the best art professors I've had at UNLV - talented, intelligent, articulate, challenging...but best of all he relates to his students as equals rather than talking down to them (maybe this is where the flirting rumours come from, I don't know). He has a great sense of humor and actually cares - a rarity!!

03/25/2006
good
Painting 700 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mark is a valuable and intelligent individual. He knows his subject area and shares his in depth knowledge through his teaching. He is also a practicing artist. This validates his credibility to teach the subject. Therefore his class has helped my own artwork. Thank you.

02/19/2006
art101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Watch out for this guy.