in Virginia Tech that teach Psychology Edit
at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA
are you Joseph Germana?

02/17/2014
good
Psy 2034 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

very very good teacher, I really was blown away by his teaching style. If you are in class, not just in body, but "in it" and you allow yourself to get into it, you will be greatly rewarded.

02/06/2014
good
Psych4364 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Best ever. If you're smart and open then you will benefit greatly from this class. If not, you will think he is a bad teacher. He's been teaching at tech for 40 years so he must be doing something right.

12/15/2013
Psyc2044 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

poor helfulness

08/23/2010
good
psyc1234 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I graduated from VT in '99. I had the honor of sitting for three lectures with Dr. Germana. He applies general systems theory to learning and behaviorism. Initially, it seemed a bit muddled, but when it all clicked into place it made perfect sense. I can't imagine a better system for understanding these psychological principles. My fav prof!

10/28/2008
good
PSYC2054 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Germana is different from prof.s you are probably used to. Most people either love him or hate him. You'll know how you stand if you go to one of his classes. He kept us awake and on our toes. You do need to pay attention. There's no way to get the info unless you go to class, so for those that hated it, you probably didn't go or took bad notes.

08/17/2008
good
PSYC4364 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Germana's the man. Any student that didn't like him never got to know him or went to class

06/26/2008
PSYC2054 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He talks for hours about nothing and expects you to know minute details for the test. His tests are 3 essays each and the questions are rediculously hard. He asks about stuff that he never mentions. I studied for hours and still didnt even know what the questions were talking about. if you have his class, get out!!!!

12/15/2007
Psych501 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I had Germana for 3 different classes and he taught all three of them exactly the same...I took the same class three times then with different titles. He's definitely an interesting guy. I couldn't sit too close though because he gets foamy white stuff in the corners of his mouth and whipes it off on his thumb and then pants and that made me gag.

10/22/2007
good

Joe Germana is the most eccentric teacher I've had. It's possible to get lulled into thinking you understand what's going on. You do need to pay attention, but if you can outline and play around with the concepts you'll do well.

01/11/2007
good
PSYC4364 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

For all those who have commented that he is "disorganized" and "horrible" obviously just did not get it and for that I am sorry. He is truly a brilliant man.

09/19/2006
trans4023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Horrible teacher...stay away , rude and very unclear in class. There is no stability anywhere in his class

10/12/2005
good
Learning, Perso Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I think he is an aswesome teacher. That class was the first I'd ever heard of systems theories and I have heard it in so many other fields since then. Really relevent stuff.

06/13/2005
good
Psyc 4** Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Joe is out there. His teaching ring on in my life. If you have any interest in the transpersonal take his seminar. If you complain about lack of structure do not take this class. If you keep an open mind and enjoy enjoyed opening and altering your mind take his class. Joe is the only teacher I considered a genuine friend

06/03/2005
good
PSYC 2044 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A bit 'out there' but I did learn a lot about behaviorism!

05/02/2005
Psyc 2054 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Horrible teacher...makes NO sense...Rude...just a terrible teacher...can't believe Tech's allowed him to teach for 40 years. Don't take his class..you WILL regret it.