in Middle Georgia State College (all campuses) that teach Biology Edit
B+
1.7

10/27/2014
good
BIOL1114K Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Tests are tough" "Inspirational" "Would take again"

Mrs. Canady is by far my favorite teacher on any of the campuses. She does not freely give you a grade-you must work for it, and that is what I love about her. If you want an easy class with few notes, do NOT take her class. If you want to work hard and plan on applying for the Nursing Program in the future, it would behoove you take her!

04/26/2013
good
biol 2144 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

MANY NOTE! This class will be overwhelming. I was very depressed at the beining b/c I had a 67avg and ended w/ a 74avg. Study EVERY day. Payattention to things that are drawn out in steps like Action Potential. If she says it then STUDY IT! And some test questions aren't straight forward, watch the wording! Word short answer Q's how SHEworded it

12/20/2012
BIOL1107 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took this class last year and I would suggest going to Cochran. The professors make their tests a little more "fair."

12/19/2012
good
BIO1107 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Although the horror stories surrounding Mrs. Canady's tests are true, her class is extremely helpful. Be prepared to take tons of notes and study your butt off! She is always friendly, but she counts off for the craziest things. She also loves saying "whoopsie daisies." Fun labs though!!

04/23/2012
good
BIOL1107 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I took her as a junior in high school and made a B. I recommend her if you are a biology major. She covers the material, but you have to study! Her test are beyond hard. Make sure you read each question VERY carefully. You cannot rush through her test. MC questions are not that bad; it is the short answer that kills you. Expect no less than 10.

03/12/2012
good
BIOL2114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

If you are serious about learning A&P, take this class from her. If you think you can come in here and get an easy A, think again. She is here to teach, and if you aren't interested in learning, you are in the wrong place. She is absolutely my favorite professor! I look forward to class every week. I am in A&P II now and look forward to Micro!

01/15/2012
good
BIOL1107 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I was not prepared going into this class. You must study everyday! She is amazing, though, and will do anything to help you. She covers the material in wonderful detail. Be prepared to work hard, but it was totally worth it to me.

10/04/2011
good
BIOL2114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Whatever you do take her class! She will prepare you for the nursing program. You may think A&P was hard....but you haven't seen nursing courses! She's a breeze!

06/28/2011
good
BIOL2114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I believe Ms. Canady is an excellent teacher. She is very thorough with her information that she teaches. She makes sure that her students understand the material, and is very willing to clarify any misunderstandings you may have with the material. I have taken A & P I and II, receiving an A+ in both. I look forward to Micro with her next spring!!!

06/02/2011
BIOL1012 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

OK, do NOT take this class with this teacher!!! I did not believe every bad story about her untill I took one of her tests. The class is easy and she's a vary nice lady, but her test are from HELL!!! It;s the type of test where you'll think you did ok on the test but get it back with a grade bellow a 50. She is a nice teacher but crazy test maker.

05/23/2011
good
BIO1114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I think Mrs. Canady is a wonderful teacher, but if you don't study enough for this class you WILL NOT get a good grade. This is definitely the hardest class I have ever taken.

05/16/2011
BIO1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Mrs. Canady is a very nice and intelligent lady, but she does a poor job at making sure her students completely understand the information she teaches. I studied for hours on end and was still disappointed in the outcome I had on all of my tests. This class absolutely murdered my GPA and it is not recommended by me.

01/28/2011
good
BIOL1114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I was very skeptical about taking Ms. Canady for A&P I & II. I received an A in A&P I and I am currently taking her for A&P II. I absolutely love her. She is tough, but you will know your stuff when you leave there. Study your notes EVERY night and you'll be fine. Good luck!

12/05/2010
BIO1101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The hardiest teach at MGC, period. Even with alot of studying, you will not do as well as you think you will compared to other Professors. If there are other Professors for her classes, I advise you take the the Other Professor!

11/18/2009
good
biol2113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is so hard, I've never had a teacher this hard before. I study for hours only to be disappointed by her difficult tests. The amount of time you have to put into this one class is insane!! She's a nice person, a good teacher, but she's just extremely difficult. Don't think you are going to just breeze through this class!! Be prepared to study mo

05/18/2009
good
BIOL2114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had her for Anatomy 1 and 2. I absolutely LOVE her .. she is amazing! You write A LOT of notes, but it's worth it. Her tests are based off of her notes and maybe a few pictures in the book. She will help you in anyway possible. Study everyday and this class will be extremely easy! I'm also going to take her for Microbiology and Biology! :)

11/23/2008
good
BIOL101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Good lecturer, difficult tester. Her tests seem designed to produce failing grades. Don't think you can just study the notes, you better understand biology terminology also to pass her tests. And you better plan for her classes to take over your life in study time. She's ridiculous.

10/07/2008
good
BIO1107 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

YOU BETTER STUDY!!!

06/20/2008
good
BIOL2114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Had her last semester. She gives tons of notes but explains the text well. If you learn the notes, you will do well.

12/21/2007
BIOL1107 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

If you don't speak the language of the biologist, don't bother taking her class. She is very hard to understand and moves very fast. Take the class online; it will be easier than trying to comprehend her lectures and studying for her insanely hard tests.