in University of Maine that teach Biology Edit
at University of Maine, Orono, ME
are you Harold Dowse?
1.3

12/30/2013
BIO 307 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Great class, but tough. Attendance and thorough note-taking is a must. He can be a bit scattered at times, but incredibly intelligent.

11/01/2012
good
BIO337 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Intro to Neuroscience. EXTREMELY challenging. A lot of Cell Biology and Physics, I recommend taking those classes before this one because it is a struggle. It is all exams. He does lectures by mostly talking, so listening and taking notes are important. Also recommend buying a recorder. GOOD LUCK.

04/28/2010
good
BIO307 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I loved this class and Dr. Dowse. I really liked his exam format and the fact that we only had to take 3 of the 4 exams. Exams are exclusively over lecture material, and you definitely have to study a lot for them. He is really intelligent and hilarious and I highly recommend the class and the professor.

01/04/2010
good
BIO307 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Just finished taking Dowse's Intro to Neuroscience class. While it was one of the most challenging classes I've taken, I also learned, by far, more than in any class. Tests are challenging, but if you go to all the classes and study as a group, the class is definitely doable.

09/29/2009
good
BIO360 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Laid back, happy to help, overall good guy

04/06/2009
bio480 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Hard to understand. Scattered notes. I didn't have a clue how to even apporoach this class. Had to withdraw. This guy is tough tough tough.

12/27/2008
BIO307 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Must take detailed notes to pick out vaugely detailed vocab. I taught myself 90% through the book. He is very unclear about test procedures. If you feel you are not ready to take a test do not show up... the optionals are very easy. I was stupid, 93,64,87,95. He wouldnt allow me to drop the low score even though some skipped.Hates to grade.

12/20/2008
BIO307 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Hard class with hard tests. The notes he gives in class are scattered and not really helpful. Do not take this class if you are not ready to study alot.

12/18/2008
BIO307 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dowse is a great professor. Very tough subject, very difficult exams, be prepared to study your brains off!

05/10/2007
good
BIO480 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

great guy, extremely intelligent, great sense of humor...nots are kind of scattered and hard to follow, tough course with tough tests

12/14/2006
good
Bio307 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Amazing teacher, I don't think I've learned as much in any other class. Funny guy too, just throws in some really amusing mental images. Very challenging course though, with difficult tests. If you're not ready to spend a lot of time studying, this is not the place for you.