Paula Salvio at University of New Hampshire (all campuses)

Paula Salvio

Number of ratings 23 / Average Grade:  A- Submit a correction

3/4/14

EDUC700

She is hypocritical, overbearing, and gives poor instructions. She doesn't let you give your own opinions really but forces her own on you. She will tell you one thing one day and a completely different the next. I was completely disappointed in this class, only because of her.

5/1/12

HIST914

How can I say this? Prof. Salvio is smart, tough, kind and just doesn't let you get away with doing anything but your very best... I need a vacation after this course, but it's worth it.

4/27/12

Educ914

An excellent course- Prof. Salvio is first-rate... seminars are engaging and I've never learned so much...

4/27/12

Educ914

Prof. Salvio is great at getting everyone in on the discussion. Her seminars are exceptional and she's skilled at selecting provocative readings.

4/17/12

Educ914

this is an essential course for anyone in education. Professor Salvio knows her stuff and makes you want to know yours too.

2/21/12

Edu897

Excellent prof. Among the best I've studied with at UNH - tough but worth the effort - I mean it!

9/12/11

EDUC833

Excellent professor - introduced us to hard concepts but explained things so well - and gives great lectures! Don't miss out on her courses

1/6/11

HIST101

An excellent professor - passionate about her work, got us into great discussions and she's a great lecturer.

10/4/10

Educ833

Excellent course - the best I've had at UNH

9/6/09

aabc101

She's tough but worth the effort ... One of the best prof. I've had at UNH

5/16/09

Educa907

Prof. Salvio is a fascinating lecturer, deeply committed to education - brilliant Professor- take her courses - best UNH has to offer

1/1/09

HIST101

Excellent course- great professor - demanding readings and writing assignments.

1/1/09

HIST101

Excellent Professor - clear, fascinating discussions, writing intensive, demanding readings.

12/7/08

ACCT202

Prof. Salvio has high expectations for students and is one of the best professors I've had at UNH. I'm impressed with her breadth of knowledge and humility - although she's an accomplished scholar in curriculum theory, she rarely speaks of her work - I was surprised to find she is so prolific as a writer. Take her classes - each and every one.

11/25/08

EDUC02

Prof. Salvio has very high expectations - she does not provide rubrics for her assignments - demanding readings, great discussions, engaging lectures, a demanding class.

11/18/08

EDUC833

Prof. Salvio combines imagination with sharp insight into the history of education, particularly when we read about women and education. She is passionate about her research, a patient teacher and radical educator.Her classes are the best that UNH has to offer.

10/21/08

HIST991

intelligent, imaginative, rigorous - best I've had at UNH

7/15/08

educI

Prof. Salvio is one of the best professors I've had in my 5 years at UNH. She knows her material so well, is deeply committed to teaching and her own research is inspiring. I cannot recommend her class enough. She demands much but gives as good as she gets.

11/6/07

EDUC733

She is one of my favorite teachers in my three years here as an undergrad. I live by the ratings on here as I have encountered one professor who was horrible before I was told about this site. Paula may not be the best at replying to your emails, but she is so interested in the subject matter. It may be a hard class, but its a great class to take.

4/2/06

Education/

Prof. Salvio is clear, concise, and a deeply committed academic. I recognize now the value her course has had for me as a teacher and adminstrator. The work in this course is demanding (curriculum theory).

More Education professors at University of New Hampshire (all campuses)