in Miami Dade College (all) that teach Mathematics Edit
at Miami Dade College (all), Miami, FL
are you Carlos Gil?

08/08/2014
good
STA2023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Gil is very helpful. He explains the material clearly, and he makes sure everyone understands. The tests are kind of hard, but if you study the notes he gives in class there's no reason to fail. He makes the class laugh by making a lot of jokes. If you don't want a canceled test, don't use your phone. He's great!

06/22/2014
Sta2023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

This class was a little stressful. It's important to study and go to his classes to keep up with what he's teaching. I'm not saying he's easy at all but he's not as bad as people make it seem. I actually enjoyed his class and his corny jokes.

05/07/2014
good
STA2023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

DO NOT take him. I worked my butt off in this class, never missed a day, did all the hw/quizes, yet, it still wasn't good enough for him I guess. He doesn't give you your grades on ALL of your assignments, so you won't even know where you stand in the class. I didn't fail the class, but I was definitely expecting a higher grade.

05/04/2014
good
STA2023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-

He's cool!!! Jst take his class seriously and u will pass!!! Very helpful and provides detailed in notes!!! No textbook needed!! Jst take good notes, study, do ur homework, and b in time!!! Good luck!!

01/07/2014
good

Attendance is mandatory, keep that in mind. Pay close attention to his explanations and don't be afraid to ask questions. Very dedicated professor and always eager to help you understand his material. DO NOT HAVE YOUR PHONE ON YOU AT ANY TIME. he doesn't like intruders. DO THE H.W AND YOU'LL DO GREAT. DON'T BE LATE AND ALWAYS CALL HIM IF YOU WILL.

01/07/2014
good
STA2023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Gils class was my favorite last semester. He was very attentive, clear and loved teaching Statistics. His class was very helpful for me as it led me to understand easily. Textbook is not required but you must do the H.W which is very similar to his test, always be on time and pay attention. Great professor.

09/15/2013
STA 2023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A+

Make your life easy and take someone else. I got an A but I was stressed the whole semester because he would never let us know our grade and would give us quizzes when peoples phones went off or came in late

07/29/2013
sta2023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

worst math professor ive had at mdc and im actually good in math. he constantly gives quizzes to the whole class for people showing up late and going to the rest room without permission. wth! he isn't much help in office hours either btw. cant wait to get out of this class. DO NOT TAKE HIM!!!

06/15/2013
STA2023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Stay away from this class, he doesn't let you know how your doing in his class, and rarely gives you your grade for exams. He is also very rude.

01/09/2013
good
MAC2313 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I've also had this prof. for Cal 2 & 3. His lectures are long and you most likely won't have learned anything, so that's why you HAVE TO DO THE HW. The homework is optional but all his tests are based off the homework. He only assigns odd questions.