Scot Reese at University of Maryland

Scot Reese

Number of ratings 10 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

1/2/14

THET293

Professor Reese is such a great person. He made class interesting and fun. He made our class one big family by the end. I was so sad when the semester ended. I recommend everyone take a class with him whether your a theatre major or not. You have to keep up with reading and there's a quiz every week, but he roots for you and wants you to succeed.

11/16/11

THET330

He's usually nice unless you disagree with him. I took Directing but the class was mostly about the process of stage management not the artistic aspect of directing actors. I didnt learn much, and I feel he can only teach about musical theatre not dramatic theatre. He's the only one that teaches the class so I had no choice.

8/15/11

THET330

I took multiple classes with Scot. He has demanding syllabi, but never with the goal to make you fail--on the the goal for you to continuously challenge yourself. All his classes are all worth it. You can take his word at face value, he means what he says. By the end of his classes you'll feel like you could accomplish anything.

8/4/08

THET330

Though he's good at musical theatre, directing other plays is just outside his abilities. Although he tried to be nice and bring muffins to class he just didn't cut it as a teacher. If you're a beginner he's okay but not otherwise. He's a nice guy, and he really tried,but I didn't learn much.

12/25/07

THET425

Scot is a very very very nice man. But he just isnt the most helpful teacher. I would only reccomend him to beginning theatre students.

11/18/05

directing

I learned so much in this class- it changed my life.

9/16/05

9/16/05

THET 294

one of the best overall professors i had at UMD. totally interesting, and interestED. i could go to him about almost anything. always tried to do things in a new and fresh way.

9/10/05

Directing I

I liked Scot as a professor, but I was terrible in his class. That was my fault, though, not his. Directing is just not my forte.

6/29/05

Musical Theatre

scot is an awesome teacher and an all around great person. you will be lucky if you are able to take a class with such a talented man

More Theater professors at University of Maryland