in University of Georgia that teach International Studies Edit
Christopher Allen
Professor in the International Studies department
at University of Georgia, Athens, GA
are you Christopher Allen?

08/18/2010
good
INTL4330 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He's incredibly challenging and expects a lot out of his students but you will get SO much in return. He's incredibly knowledgeable, approachable, and genuinely wants you to learn. If you're willing to participate a lot and put in effort, take his class, you'll be heavily rewarded.I got a B minus and would still happily take another class with him.

06/04/2009
good
INTL4330 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is a really really nice professor, and he's also extremely knowledgeable. Sometimes the content is confusing, but he is happy to clear anything up during office hours. I learned a lot.

08/11/2008
good
INTL0000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Allen is a very good professor however he tends to be very strict on his grading. If you are going to take him make sure you have the time to do everything perfectly...because that is how he expects it

07/24/2007
good
INTL4300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I enjoy Dr. Allen's classes because of his fondness for polemic statements. However, don't take him more than once. His content is always the same. He welcomes people who agree with him and those who are directly oppose, but there isn't much room to stay in the middle and still succeed.

06/04/2007
good
INTL4300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I have had Professor Allen before and specifically requested this course, it was not as good, but still worth it. A note - Prof. Allen has very strong liberal views, I disagree with him on almost every level, politically. If you work hard and participate your political views don't matter. I received high A's from him despite our disagreeing.

05/09/2007
good
INTL4300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I like Dr.Allen...but as for the actual class, I didn't really enjoy it much. Much rather would have taken a different Comp Politics class for the credit. If you're not much of a talker like me, then you're screwed - participation required. Class is basically just a bunch of discussion sessions which get old quickly and run together.

12/16/2006
good
intl3300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This man is a fantastic professor, cares about his students more than anyone I know, and bends over backwards for you if you are willing to work hard in his class. I have been lucky enough to have him as a professor 4 times, and each class has been stimulating, interesting, and always my favorite of the semester.

12/12/2006
good
INTL3300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A great teacher who heavily stimulates discussion and participation. He really encourages teachers to look outside the box of the United States. Definitely recommended if you like open debates.

12/10/2006
good
INTL3300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I am a hardcore conservative and I did not think he was that bad. Yes, he loves socialism, but it didn't affect me at all. He has a very unique view of American Politics and I welcomed his opinion, even though I did disagree. He does not give exams, just two papers. He's tough, but fair and did not mark me down when I disagreed with his opinions.

12/04/2006
intl3300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

If it is at all possible avoid him. He is so scattered with his lectures. There isn't any real teaching involved. He has a tendency to choose favorites and the use of Webct is ridiculous, who has the time for that? I do not enjoy hearing the conservative opinions of my peers, it only angered me and made me realize how ignorant they are.