Christopher Allen at University of Georgia

Christopher Allen

Number of ratings 23 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

8/18/10

INTL4330

He's incredibly challenging and expects a lot out of his students but you will get SO much in return. He's incredibly knowledgeable, approachable, and genuinely wants you to learn. If you're willing to participate a lot and put in effort, take his class, you'll be heavily rewarded.I got a B minus and would still happily take another class with him.

6/4/09

INTL4330

He is a really really nice professor, and he's also extremely knowledgeable. Sometimes the content is confusing, but he is happy to clear anything up during office hours. I learned a lot.

8/11/08

INTL0000

Dr. Allen is a very good professor however he tends to be very strict on his grading. If you are going to take him make sure you have the time to do everything perfectly...because that is how he expects it

7/24/07

INTL4300

I enjoy Dr. Allen's classes because of his fondness for polemic statements. However, don't take him more than once. His content is always the same. He welcomes people who agree with him and those who are directly oppose, but there isn't much room to stay in the middle and still succeed.

6/4/07

INTL4300

I have had Professor Allen before and specifically requested this course, it was not as good, but still worth it. A note - Prof. Allen has very strong liberal views, I disagree with him on almost every level, politically. If you work hard and participate your political views don't matter. I received high A's from him despite our disagreeing.

5/9/07

INTL4300

I like Dr.Allen...but as for the actual class, I didn't really enjoy it much. Much rather would have taken a different Comp Politics class for the credit. If you're not much of a talker like me, then you're screwed - participation required. Class is basically just a bunch of discussion sessions which get old quickly and run together.

12/16/06

intl3300

This man is a fantastic professor, cares about his students more than anyone I know, and bends over backwards for you if you are willing to work hard in his class. I have been lucky enough to have him as a professor 4 times, and each class has been stimulating, interesting, and always my favorite of the semester.

12/12/06

INTL3300

A great teacher who heavily stimulates discussion and participation. He really encourages teachers to look outside the box of the United States. Definitely recommended if you like open debates.

12/10/06

INTL3300

I am a hardcore conservative and I did not think he was that bad. Yes, he loves socialism, but it didn't affect me at all. He has a very unique view of American Politics and I welcomed his opinion, even though I did disagree. He does not give exams, just two papers. He's tough, but fair and did not mark me down when I disagreed with his opinions.

12/4/06

intl3300

If it is at all possible avoid him. He is so scattered with his lectures. There isn't any real teaching involved. He has a tendency to choose favorites and the use of Webct is ridiculous, who has the time for that? I do not enjoy hearing the conservative opinions of my peers, it only angered me and made me realize how ignorant they are.

1/12/06

pick one

He's a fun professor, but he's a socialist. If you're a hard-core conservative, no, you probably shouldn't take his class. Likes talking about Sweden. Personally, I love him.

1/10/06

GEOG 2130H

Very deep, interesting lectures. He is passionate about the subject. The tests and papers were pretty difficult. Class participation is important for a good grade.

12/6/05

intl 3300

Allen is a great Prof. Dry sense of humor, very thorough in his lectures, WEBCT discussion is a part of your grade, so be active. Papers might seem to be a lot of work, but just ask him for guidance and he is MORE than HAPPY to help you. Best if you take his Maymester i think.

10/31/05

Film

Took Politics, Film, and Literature from him. Definitely does not favor a conservative viewpoint and grades accordingly. Interesting guy, can be rather humorous, but I don't recommend him due to his bias.

9/23/05

INTL 4660

Best professor and mentor a student could hope for!

9/11/05

INTL 3300

Dr. Allen is amazing but his class requires a lot of time spent on WebCT. He really cares about all his students and is a great resource for recommendations and advice.

9/6/05

Geography

He's one of my favorite professors at UGA- I learned so much from his classes. Don't hesitate to take his class.

9/5/05

Intl

Too liberal for my taste and it seemed all the conservatives didn't do as well, but he makes it interesting

8/29/05

Geog 3630

7/7/05

geography 1103

dr. allen makes the class very interesting. although, the papers and tests are pretty difficult as long as you study and keep up with the readings then any student should be able to achieve their goal.

More International Studies professors at University of Georgia