in Northern Virginia Community College (all campuses) that teach Biology Edit

04/29/2008
good
BIO101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Top world quality teacher.

11/18/2006
BIO206 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Horrible teacher! She only lectures and then leaves. She is unwilling to help you outside of class. She doesn't explain assignments and then marks off for everything. This is the second institution that has fired her. If you see her at another institution, don't take her.

02/05/2006
Bio 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Another moron ID freak with no publications, stuck teaching at a community college with a chip on her shoulder. Eeew.

02/05/2006
BIO 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

01/10/2006
BIO 206 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I ended up having to drop her class just because of her attitude and her teaching methods. She has this pompous I'm-right-you're-wrong type of personality and she seems to play favorites. I learned later from someone in the class that I had dropped that not one person got an A. Pick another teacher if you can.

12/24/2005
Bio 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is a nice person but her class is pretty difficult. It's supposed to be GENERAL Biology but its extremely in depth! I managed to get an A but only because I studied my ass off and did all the extra credit. Make sure to check her website for grading errors-she made several with me and only revised after I nagged her about it.

12/19/2005
good
BIO101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

as long as u do what u need to, you'll pass...also she gives a lot of extra credit.

12/14/2005
BIO 206 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She doesn't know the material she teaches. She is unclear and changes her mind often. She doesn't know how to answer students' questions. Grading scale is out of wack; watch out for her subtracting points out of nowhere! Most exam questions are not on the material she lectures on. She uses a different textbook and not the assigned book.

10/19/2005
BIO Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Her class is boring but the worst part is she plays favorites which isnt good at all

09/29/2005
BIO101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

exams are VERY HARD!grading system is unclear. Alos, there are A LOT OF LAB write-ups, if you not biologist, you're in a big trouble. She gives too much information in her lectures, she doesn't consider that it's only GENERAL BIOLOGY. If you don't want to spend all your time on bio, stay away,but I've to admit, she's prof in her field.VERY SMART.