Doug Salokar at Heartland Community College

Doug Salokar

Number of ratings 19 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

5/7/14

music 150

Amazing teacher. Your grade is rounded up, and he has a curve on your grade. Good attendance and your lowest exam grade is turned into extra credit. You have to do some in depth thinking, but I always loved going to this class. He gives a TON of extra credit at the end of the semester. You could easily not attend and get a passing grade from it

12/17/13

MUS-150

Doug's class was very interesting!! You learn a lot about music in different eras and have a different appreciation for it. His test and assignments are not difficult. Overall great professor.

5/27/13

music 150

Great instructor overall with a sense of humor. Just don't take it at 8:00 in the morning. He gets a little mad when people don't contribute.

1/5/13

MUS150

He gives a lot of extra credit. As long as you go to class it's not that hard

11/28/12

music150

This was a very easy class. He sets it up in a way that if you do good on the study guides and other assignments that you can bomb the tests and still pass the class. He uses a textbook but there is no need for you to go out and buy ine because he follows his class notes that he hands out to everyone.

8/19/12

MUSI150

Doug is a pretty average instructor. He makes a lot of jokes in the class.I would say overall he is a easy grader and as long as you attend the class, you will pass. He gives you the note for the class and study guides that are pretty identical to the tests he gives.

4/18/12

MUS196

Doug seems like a nice enough guy but I think he doesn't do well in one-on-one situations. I took piano with him and the most he did was show me a piece, play it for me, then ask me to have it ready for the next lesson. He would really only talk about the weather with me. I missed my lessons a few times and felt horrible. He said nothing though.

8/22/11

MUSIC260

easy class cause no tests, only take home study guides which we got a whole week& a half to work on. he gets assignments back on time. be careful when it comes to plagiarism tho, hes strict. he doesnt really teach tho we just watch videos the whole time and expects us to learn from them. so class does get boring and leads to doodeling and napping.

4/5/11

MUSI106

Doug is a great professor, with a sense of humor. He takes the time to teach every student about their own voice. Also shows great techniques to improve and feel comfortable with your voice. It has definitely helped me overcome stage fright. (FYI, if you do take this class you do have to sing in front of the class, alone.)

10/4/10

MUSI106

The best music teacher at heartland in my opinion in class voice we picked any song and sang it and he helped make us sound better :D

9/20/10

musi150

Doug is an excellent teacher. He makes the class fun and engaging. I feel he went above and beyond the call of duty for this class. After taking this class I have much more appreciation for music and much more in tone to the background music. I would recommend this class and teacher.

9/15/09

voice101

he was verry fun, all you do int he class is sing and thats it, then he tels you how to improve ur voice, you even get to pick what songs u sing

7/16/07

Music260

He was a great teacher! Very funny, and made class intersting! He tried to include us in on the lectures, so we werent just falling asleep!

6/29/06

Choir

Doug Salokar is one of the friendliest and funniest choir directors I have ever had. I love music and singing, and he always adds great insight into his lectures and directorial methods. His sense of humor is great, although I wasn't sure if I would like it at first! Students love him and he wants them to do well. Take his classes!

5/7/06

Musc Appr

The most organized, clear, and easy-to-understand professor I've ever had. He has a great passion for the work he does.

1/5/06

Music App.

So great! Doug is the most helpful, kind teacher ever!! He'll give you an A just for your effort!

9/8/05

Music Theory101

Doug is a great teacher. So far no tests; and we have a "quiz" each class period, but he doesn't count them for a grade. He's quite funny too, but if you don't like dry humor, he may not be for you. He also makes sure that no student is left b

9/3/05

Jazz,Blues, Roc

Awesome class.. no tests no quizes.. veryhelpful and interesting class . maybe long but the videos are fun to watch and he is very considerative with your schedule if you get sick.

8/16/05

Musi 150

Doug was a very understanding individual. I took his class in the summer and I had to miss three of them. He was very understanding when I informed him ahead of time that I would be missing. He's a very nice guy, just watch out for the quizzes in the beginning, make sure you study.

More Music professors at Heartland Community College