Bruce Lord at Pennsylvania State University

Bruce Lord

Number of ratings 26 / Average Grade:  B- Submit a correction

8/15/14

Stat483

Hard class..point deductions don't seem to make sense. Spent 4-6+ hrs each week on homework. Bruce was quick to answer questions.

8/13/14

stat481

This guy does not teach well, very complex materials and exams questions and assignments hardly make any meaning

Stat 200

Grade ReceivedB

Only 22 questions decide 40% overall grades. I strived for the whole semester and my grade fell from A to B because of 2 tricky questions on final. That's terrible.

Grade ReceivedB+

40% of final, that is unreasonable.

Grade ReceivedD+

This was the worst class I've ever taken, and I'm a science major that has taken many chemistry classes. He is HORRIBLE.

4/23/14

Grade ReceivedA-

He loves to use Minitab, so if you are able to use computer programs rather than figure it out using pen and paper, its really easy. The final doesn't allow you to use the program but it's easy. He's a really nice guy too that will help if asked.

11/30/13

STAT483

Grade ReceivedB

Arguably one of the best professors and educational experiences I've ever had.

11/5/13

STAT 480

Terrible instructor. very confusing. Btw, remember that in HW10 Q2, the answer key has an error. you should delete the line "define Type /group". Also, remember to use UNIQUE libname, format name, order of code, comment language as much as you can. He will accuse you academic integrity violation as long as your answer shows a minor similarity.

10/29/13

STAT 200

Horrendous teaching. He has no organized lecture. His lectures revolve around Minitab, a program that hardly anyone has on their PC. The class is called STATISTICS not MINITAB. His exams are pretty hard, because he only shows one question at a time, and once you click next, you cannot go back to the question. Entirely too hard for a 200 level class

3/19/13

STAT 200

I had no prior knowledge of Stats before this class but its required for my CSD major. He's a nice guy & is willing to help in labs but everyone needs help so it's hard to get individual help. I had to work a lot outside of class to understand the material. Open note tests/quizzes/ unlit chances for hw- hes ok but i dont recommend

12/19/12

STAT480W

He is a terrible professor and one of my least favorite people on the planet. When anyone asks a question in class he looks at you and answers you like you're dumb for not knowing. Once I had someone else explain the material to me I got an A, but Bruce Lord cannot teach to save his life.

12/18/12

Stat200

Fair describes him. He give you every chance to get a good grade. I got a B and didn't do much work out of class at all. HW is a free 105 of your grade. Don't lose points on easy assignments and you'll be fine. Open notes/textbook/internet on exams except no internet/minitab on the final

8/24/12

STAT200

If you have no prior Stat experience this class could be very challenging to you because not everything is explained very well in class. I had to spend many hours preparing myself for exams. The final exam basically saved my grade in the class. The final exam was the easiest test and worth 40% of your grade.

7/9/12

Stat200

Very helpful! I was initially struggling in the course and started meeting with him weekly and my grade GREATLY improved. Open notes for all quizzes and exams! I really enjoyed the class and the subject once he helped me understand the material. Great teacher!

7/5/12

Stat200

Reasonable person, but not good teacher. Open note, Exams are worth a crazy amount of your grade. You screw up on one exam your done! Didn't teach very well, only had a organized lecture on the first day. Didn't explain concepts in a way you could understand. You had to have an experience in Stat before to understand.

12/15/11

Stat200

This is your fair warning... Don't take this class. He's a good person but can not teach this class. He makes it more of a class about learning a computer program called minitab.

11/2/11

Stat200

Good Teacher, If you dont understand something just ask him he will explain it. All tests are open note, all quizes are open note, and all labs are open note. Pretty easy

10/21/11

STAT200

WORST TEACHER I HAVE EVER HAD. MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO DO WELL.. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

9/23/11

stat200

Just to start off, I'm not a student that complains that every class I have is so hard and that my teachers suck so bad. This is an EXCEPTION. HORRIBLE TEACHING. Literally people walk out of class because he uses the wrong formulas, solves the problem wrong, or confuses us. I'm offended by his 'teaching' and I'm scared for my grade big time.

5/6/11

STAT200

DO NOT TAKE STAT 200 WITH DR. LORD! Poorly taught, difficult pop quizzes, and very tough to get a good grade. Final is 40% of your grade.

More Forestry professors at Pennsylvania State University