in Broward College (all campuses) that teach Sociology Edit
Mirella Baker Bemmel
Professor in the Sociology department
at Broward College (all campuses), Fort Lauderdale, FL
are you Mirella Baker Bemmel?

08/17/2014
good
SYG 2000 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

I took this course online. Nice professor, she explained detail on her assignment and remind ahead of time. Easy on grading discussion and paper. To get an A, you have to read a lot the chapters and outline them.

06/24/2014
good
SYG2340 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

This class was pretty easy. I tried to do everything ahead of time so I wouldn't encounter problems. The midterm wasn't that hard if you studied what was on the study guide. The final,however, was really hard and didn't have anything to do with what was taught. If you want an easy A, participate in the discussion and do the paper and the quizzes

06/24/2014
good
SYG2000 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B

Easy course, I got a 'B' because I barely studied and got a D+'s on both the midterm and final exams. I was focussed on my Math class so I barely read the textbook. It's possible to get an A if you actually try but failing is nearly impossible to do since its an online course. A lot of discussions, quizzes and 200 word papers so beware of that.

12/14/2013
good
SYG2000 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Nicest professor ever, very understanding and helpful. She even uploads an audio review for midterm and final before the class even starts. Very easy grade and the textbook is very easy to read and fun.

12/10/2013
good
SYG2000 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This is not an easy class, but If you do all of your work and study hard, you will do good in this class. The professor is fair and gave extra credit opportunity. She also gives good feedback. You have discussions, mini quizzes, a written paper. The mid term and final exams are hard. She provides reviews for each test, but you must study!

08/08/2013
SYG2000 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I needed a Humanities credit and decided to take her Sociology course. Biggest mistake of my life. I currently have a 3.50 GPA, so you know I'm not lazy. She doesn't help, her mid-term and final are 100 questions each. READ THE BOOK!!!!! Participate in ALL discussions and be prepared for her mile long requirement sheet for the writing assignment.

06/25/2013
good
SGY2010 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great professor, took her online class for the summer and got A. Make sure you pay attention, do the quizzes and discussion. Midterm and Final done at E-centers. Material provided easy to understand Great class, take her!!!

06/24/2013
good
SYG2000 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Amazing professor! I ended up with a "C", but I pretty much deserved it because I didn't study for the mid term.. For the final I had to study like crazy and I got a B on it. Interesting discussions. Shes grades fairly. I got a 100 on a writing assignment. She gave us a online study session before finals. She really cared about us. Study!!!!!

06/24/2013
SYG2340 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

STAY AWAY!! This course is supposed to be an easy A given you read, follow instructions and study. I did ALL of the mentioned and still managed to end up with a B. This teacher has MAJOR ego issues. IF YOU TAKE HER WATCH YOUR GRADES! RIGHT ANSWERS MARKED WRONG & THEN BLAMED ON TECHNOLOGY. Did NOT enjoy her at all!

06/23/2013
good
SYG2000 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I would advise you to take this professor, read the guide and follow the PowerPoint. If you study her PowerPoint's and reviews you will get an A.