Mirella Baker Bemmel at Broward College (all campuses)

Mirella Baker Bemmel

Mirella Baker Bemmel

Number of ratings 91 / Average Grade:  A- Submit a correction

8/17/14

SYG 2000

I took this course online. Nice professor, she explained detail on her assignment and remind ahead of time. Easy on grading discussion and paper. To get an A, you have to read a lot the chapters and outline them.

6/24/14

SYG2340

This class was pretty easy. I tried to do everything ahead of time so I wouldn't encounter problems. The midterm wasn't that hard if you studied what was on the study guide. The final,however, was really hard and didn't have anything to do with what was taught. If you want an easy A, participate in the discussion and do the paper and the quizzes

6/24/14

Grade ReceivedB

Easy course, I got a 'B' because I barely studied and got a D+'s on both the midterm and final exams. I was focussed on my Math class so I barely read the textbook. It's possible to get an A if you actually try but failing is nearly impossible to do since its an online course. A lot of discussions, quizzes and 200 word papers so beware of that.

12/14/13

SYG2000

Nicest professor ever, very understanding and helpful. She even uploads an audio review for midterm and final before the class even starts. Very easy grade and the textbook is very easy to read and fun.

12/10/13

SYG2000

This is not an easy class, but If you do all of your work and study hard, you will do good in this class. The professor is fair and gave extra credit opportunity. She also gives good feedback. You have discussions, mini quizzes, a written paper. The mid term and final exams are hard. She provides reviews for each test, but you must study!

8/8/13

SYG2000

I needed a Humanities credit and decided to take her Sociology course. Biggest mistake of my life. I currently have a 3.50 GPA, so you know I'm not lazy. She doesn't help, her mid-term and final are 100 questions each. READ THE BOOK!!!!! Participate in ALL discussions and be prepared for her mile long requirement sheet for the writing assignment.

6/25/13

SGY2010

Great professor, took her online class for the summer and got A. Make sure you pay attention, do the quizzes and discussion. Midterm and Final done at E-centers. Material provided easy to understand Great class, take her!!!

6/24/13

SYG2000

Amazing professor! I ended up with a "C", but I pretty much deserved it because I didn't study for the mid term.. For the final I had to study like crazy and I got a B on it. Interesting discussions. Shes grades fairly. I got a 100 on a writing assignment. She gave us a online study session before finals. She really cared about us. Study!!!!!

6/24/13

SYG2340

STAY AWAY!! This course is supposed to be an easy A given you read, follow instructions and study. I did ALL of the mentioned and still managed to end up with a B. This teacher has MAJOR ego issues. IF YOU TAKE HER WATCH YOUR GRADES! RIGHT ANSWERS MARKED WRONG & THEN BLAMED ON TECHNOLOGY. Did NOT enjoy her at all!

6/23/13

SYG2000

I would advise you to take this professor, read the guide and follow the PowerPoint. If you study her PowerPoint's and reviews you will get an A.

6/23/13

syg2000

Awesome Professor, I took her class online and the class was very interesting. She is very helpful in that she host a WIMBA session to ensure you understand the material. Read your textbook and stick with the reviews she provided. The midterm and finals are taken at the E-testing centers but if you focus on her reviews you will definitely do well

2/8/13

syg2010

heavily used txt book. quizzes are vocabulary, but with somewhat confusing wording. test reviews are a bit vague, you have to study. it's not a super easy A but its possible. midterm and final are long close to 100 questions with some tricky questions. one writing assignment that is easy. she loves to have discussions which is neat

12/21/12

SYG2000

TAKE her. I took her online course this Fall. A lot of reading and study. Online quizzes easy. Midterm/final are at testing center and there are A LOT of questions. Between 70 and 100 questions. Just study, read the review and you will do good.

12/19/12

SYG2340

This Professor is very nice, but her Final did not cover what was taught in the class. I believe she purposely made her mid-term and final extremely hard. Plus you had to go on campus to take them. I took Human Sexuality, because I thought it would be interesting. Courses like these are supposed to help your GPA. Not this one!

12/12/12

syg2000

She is amazing! I took her for online and there were a whole bunch of mini quizzes that were super easy and straight from her power points. I havent even opened up the book. There's one essay and it was a breeze. Shes so sweet and it's an easy A. take here!! You'll be glad you did :)

10/5/12

syg2000

she is very nice and holds a lot of interesting discussions. her online quizzes are simple, just read your notes and you'll do well. she gives lengthy reviews though, kind of tedious but it helps. she's very fair in grading. she hates use of cellphones, afterall its rude

7/23/12

SYG2000

I took this class online during the summer. I have no interest in sociology and I got an A. There are 15 mini quizzes, 8 discussions, 1 writing assignment, a midterm, and a final. The midterm and final are a huge portion of your grade but as long as you do the study guide you should be fine. Easy A!! :)

6/2/12

SYG2000

Great Professor! So glad I took her class. Recommend it to everyone you are going to learn a lot and enjoy it

11/7/11

SYG2000

We need more professors like her! She keeps you interested in class. She wants to understand the material so you can use it in your everyday life. I LOVE this professor. I would definatley take her again if I had a choice. ONE OF THE BEST PROFESSORS AT BROWARD COLLEGE!

8/10/11

syg2340

Great class! I took this online and it was one of the easiest classes I ever took. I took this because I am a sociology major and the subject was quite intesting. Easy A and most of the students seemed to enjoy the class.

More Sociology professors at Broward College (all campuses)