in College of Staten Island (CUNY - Staten Island) that teach History Edit
1.6

03/14/2014
HIST 730 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Religion is not Philosophy & Philosophy is not Religion is Gambetti's fundamental error. Religion Studies, like Philosophy, is its own academic department with its own standards and terms. CSI does not offer Religion programs and is not a place were any professors ideas on Religion can be indulged with any seriousness.

09/17/2013
HST 214 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is not helpful. She give a lot of reading. I actually dropped her class because she wasnt willing to work with me. I need cc on movies and wasnt willing to change anything.

01/07/2012
SLS240 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Too much reading. Not enough clarity. Does not give reviews for any exams.

08/26/2011
hst219 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I was so looking forward to her class and instead I wished I never took it. Her projects make no sense nor did the reading material. She somehow when I took her class made Greek mythology somehow be related to a jazz musician. Also when she gives projects shes very vague and gets flustered when you ask her questions.

06/08/2011
good
hst701 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher but don't park your brain at the door, she will expect you to work and participate

10/12/2010
HST321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

In the end I earned a very good grade but I still wished I never took the class. Alot of work: a two page paper every week, at least 250 pages of reading a week, a book review, a 10 page final paper and 2 incredibly hard tests. Save your sanity. She is crazy and hard to understand. The tests are impossible bc she wants you to remember everything

07/17/2010
HST321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She was very interesting and she made you think. I thought i did so well but i did bad on the midterm and final. It was extremly hard at least 10 people left within 10 mins of the exam. no joke. I didnt get my grades back till the last day of class. I should have dropped her and never take Gambetti. She is nice but don't let that fool you.

05/16/2010
good
hist709 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of my favorite professors, she doesn't give slackers any breaks. If you do your work and don't try to BS her you will do well. I learned more about research from her than any other teacher. I think I have a crush on her ;)

03/18/2010
good
ertrader Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

one of the best teachers you will encounter...if you are a real student

04/02/2009
good
SLS301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

There's a lot of reading and a serious artifact project.Also, trip to MET.If you keep up with the reading you should be okay.She's smart and it's an interesting class if you are willing to put in the time.