Russell Beck at Utah State University

Russell Beck

Number of ratings 10 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/19/13

ENGL 2010

I didn't understand the way he graded papers. I followed the peer review sheet religiously and made sure I covered everything and I got 13 out of 17 on two of the papers and 15 on the other. He's a great guy and made writing fun for me, I just didn't get the grade I thought I deserved. And FYI, he take attendance every day.

4/26/13

ENGL 2010

He's really open-minded for an English professor. He's also funny and pretty lenient.

7/27/12

ENG3440

Russ is very good at helping writers improve, he's fun and easy to get along with, and he's respectful of different student backgrounds. The only bad thing I can say about him is that he does NOT know how to manage a class.

11/17/11

ENGL2010

Russ is an AMAZING teacher! He made me love reading a writing so much more. It was a pretty easy class because the main thing we're graded on is our writing. The writing assignments are great and he provides help when you need it. He is funny and connects well with the students. Loved this class and love Professor Beck!!!

11/8/11

ENGL2010

He is a great professor. He's friendly, helpful, and very passionate about the subject. Forces you to think, but allows a great deal of artistic liberty in your writing. Strict grader as far as linguistic mastery goes, and I'm not a fan of the peer grading. Nothing like having someone who can barely put two sentences together judge your work.

6/4/11

ENG2010

Awesome teacher. Loved every assignment he gave and learned a lot from each one. Super funny, relates well to his students, and very willing to helps outside of class. His style of writing made me think a little differently but I learned a lot about research writing! I'd take it again if I could!

3/27/11

Eng2010

Before this class, English was my least favorite subject. After taking his class i really started to enjoy writing papers, he made it interesting and always had great papers and journals for us to read. Another thing i really liked is that every class was geared towards the paper we were currently working on. Great teacher.

4/28/08

Engl2010

Russ is a good teacher. I feel like I became a better writer in his class. It was hard work to finish papers but they were good learning experiences. He is very helpful in critiques and when you need help on anything.

10/7/05

pimpin 101

10/2/05

English 1010

Russ is really funny. Knows how to write and he teaches well to the students.

More English professors at Utah State University