in Utah State University that teach English Edit
at Utah State University, Logan, UT
are you Russell Beck?

05/19/2013
good
ENGL 2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I didn't understand the way he graded papers. I followed the peer review sheet religiously and made sure I covered everything and I got 13 out of 17 on two of the papers and 15 on the other. He's a great guy and made writing fun for me, I just didn't get the grade I thought I deserved. And FYI, he take attendance every day.

04/26/2013
good
ENGL 2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He's really open-minded for an English professor. He's also funny and pretty lenient.

07/27/2012
good
ENG3440 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Russ is very good at helping writers improve, he's fun and easy to get along with, and he's respectful of different student backgrounds. The only bad thing I can say about him is that he does NOT know how to manage a class.

11/17/2011
good
ENGL2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Russ is an AMAZING teacher! He made me love reading a writing so much more. It was a pretty easy class because the main thing we're graded on is our writing. The writing assignments are great and he provides help when you need it. He is funny and connects well with the students. Loved this class and love Professor Beck!!!

11/08/2011
good
ENGL2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is a great professor. He's friendly, helpful, and very passionate about the subject. Forces you to think, but allows a great deal of artistic liberty in your writing. Strict grader as far as linguistic mastery goes, and I'm not a fan of the peer grading. Nothing like having someone who can barely put two sentences together judge your work.

06/04/2011
good
ENG2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Awesome teacher. Loved every assignment he gave and learned a lot from each one. Super funny, relates well to his students, and very willing to helps outside of class. His style of writing made me think a little differently but I learned a lot about research writing! I'd take it again if I could!

03/27/2011
good
Eng2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Before this class, English was my least favorite subject. After taking his class i really started to enjoy writing papers, he made it interesting and always had great papers and journals for us to read. Another thing i really liked is that every class was geared towards the paper we were currently working on. Great teacher.

04/28/2008
good
Engl2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Russ is a good teacher. I feel like I became a better writer in his class. It was hard work to finish papers but they were good learning experiences. He is very helpful in critiques and when you need help on anything.

10/07/2005
good
pimpin 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

10/02/2005
English 1010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Russ is really funny. Knows how to write and he teaches well to the students.