in Leeward Community College that teach Theater Edit
at Leeward Community College, Pearl City, HI
are you Betty Burdick?

05/06/2013
good
Drama 260 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is one of the best Teachers at LCC and I would recommend that if you want to learn anything about theatre TAKE HER CLASS! She helped me to become a better actor and she does drill you until you get it right.

04/03/2013
good
51417 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I really like her even she strict some time. So, fun classes and she really knows a lot about theater.

03/21/2013
good
drama 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I am suprised at her low ratings.Loved her teaching style!Professor Betty has a no tolerance for disrespect. I personally did awesome in her class and learned a lot. If you miss a lot of days you will fall behind. If you have talent and interest in acting then you will do well in her class.

11/29/2012
drama222 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Betty is a great director, and understands theatre well. She's very serious about the craft, so don't be surprised when she pushes you! This class is not for the timid, but if you really want to learn to act you should take 221 and 222. She'll make an actor of you!

05/03/2011
good
DRAMA101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Ms. Bur**** is very knowledgeable in theater. It may come off hard at first but as long as you READ WHAT SHE ASSIGNS & pay attention to what she says in class, then you'll do great. She tells you EXACTLY what is going to be on the tests & exams. If you don't understand something, speak up. She'll be happy to explain anything for you.

02/11/2011
good
Drama101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you are interested in theatre, TAKE HER CLASS. She is so intelligent and really knows what she is talking about. The workload is heavy so don't put it off, its a lot of reading but if it something you are interested in you will enjoy it. She is very blunt don't take it personally.

08/24/2010
Drama101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

you really have to try hard on her class. WHOLE lot of readings... be prepared... she wasnt very clear on theatre terms or genres but overall an ok professor if you're willing to learn independently.

12/24/2009
DRAM101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Betty is SO temperamental. She is the harshest grader I have ever come across. I did not get full points on anything. She is so picky and unforgiving. All that said, I did learn a lot of theatre history. If you are looking for an intresting, easy, fun class, skip it. But if you really want to know theatre stuff, man up and take it.

12/16/2009
drama101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She has a short fuse. Not sure how everyone has great things to say. She was a demon until the last couple weeks of the semester.Workload is very intense. Quizes and test are easy tho. You will make a lot of new frenz in this social class

12/03/2009
Drama101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I honestly cannot see why everyone says she is good. I personally thought she was one of the worst teahers Ive ever had. She has a short fuse and will erupt at you even if ur not doing anything wrong. Workload is intense. If u take this class with a fulltime schedule u will be burnt out. Noone in my class liked her

11/25/2009
good
Drama220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

My first acting class at LCC. Betty is a formidable actress who uses Paul's methods as a guideline but has a vastly different feel. She'll tolerate things to a point but has no qualms what-so-ever to telling you the truth about what she sees in you. She knows her craft very well. Keep up with papers (mostly opinion) and you'll be fine.

03/23/2009
good
ACT101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great professor, fun class. Beginning acting is hardly any acting, just reading plays. Second acting is so fun. You do have to sing on the first day of class which was the hardest thing I've done in my life (terrible voice). She cares about her students and makes learning fun. You will not regret this class!

11/21/2007
good
Drama221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

AWESOME TEACHER. my favorite professor at LCC by far. really sweet, really nice, and really fun. she keeps you entertained and you learn a lot from her.

10/07/2006
good
drama101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is super cool. I mean i thought being in drama was going to be stupid and boring, but she actually is a weirdo and she makes it fun. She tells us everything to prepare for our quiz and tests. So it makes it easier for us to study. At first she gave me a bad grade on one of my papers but she let me redo it and i got an A. Its easy.

12/02/2005
good
DRAMA Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Take her class! She is cool. The subject can get boring at times but her and the class make it easy to go to.

09/05/2005
good
thea 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

one of my most favorite teachers ever. her class was extremely easy and fun too. i highly recomment it!

09/04/2005
good
DRAM 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Burdick is pretty cool. Her quizzes are 10 questions long and the notes that she gives you are pretty much give aways for the quiz. The only negative aspect about her teaching is that she talks way too fast. She admits this in the beginning, so just ask her to repeat what she said.