Michael Scott at Mesa Community College

Number of ratings 53 / Average Grade:  B+ Submit a correction

6/8/14

CHM 152

Grade ReceivedWD

He is a great professor but I wouldn't personally recommend taking his class. If you do decide to take his class, you really need to pay attention on the course work. The quizzes and homework are very easy BUT the test are nothing like the content in the quizzes and homework. His tests are like curve balls.

5/10/14

CHEM130

Chemistry is a VERY HARD class and subject in general. If I did not have so much of Mike's help I would not have passed his lecture or my lab. I got a C, however, I worked my butt off for that grade. This professor is Awesome! Go into his office hours, he helps so much. He drops a ton of quizzes, and 1 test, plus gives extra credit.

2/4/14

CHM152

This is an awesome professor. I had him for both lecture and lab. He is always willing to go out of his way to help you! I took this in the summer and with minimal studying I understood the material and got an A. I had a great foundation entering the next Chem course. Take him!

2/4/14

Great teacher

1/13/14

CHM 151 LL

I had Scott for my lab class. He repeats a lot of lecture material every lab, but is very clear about procedures. He is fair at grading, and is helpful when asked questions. I'd recommend him to anyone!

1/6/14

CHM151

Mr. Scott is a great teacher. He is very clear in what teaching what you need to know. If you have questions he is more then willing to help. Even though Chemistry is difficult he makes it seem simple and easy. I would highly recommend Mr. Scott. With the extra quizzes and drop test and extra credit it really helps out!

12/12/13

Grade ReceivedB

Nice professor, nice smile. :) Challenging class, but fun!

12/4/13

CHM 130

I am not one that loves chemistry but Michael Scott is an absolutely AMAZING instructor. He seems to genuinely love chemistry and teaching the subject. He loves to answer any questions you may have and teaches in great detail. I think that he is a GREAT teacher and would take his class again.

7/20/13

CHM152

Funny and easy going.. His test are nothing like his quizzes, the quizzes focus on calculating while the test are conceptual. very little of the test is covered in class. I found out that going to the book and solving the conceptual questions there was very helpful to his test style. EASY overall

4/11/13

CHM 130

He is an awesome teacher! His lectures are very clear and he goes over and over problems to make sure you can understand them. I was a little nervous about taking chemistry, but I have actually enjoyed it. He is easy going and fun. I definitely recommend him.

12/24/12

CHM130

Great teacher, he is really helpful when you ask for it. His lectures contain a lot of information and he goes through it fast, so if your confused make sure to ask questions, he will stop to answer and clarify, but if you dont you'll be confused and get aggravated. Mr. Scott is a really good teacher.

12/19/12

CHM152

BY FAR THE BEST CHEMISTRY TEACHER EVER!!! I am not good at chemistry, I am actually quite horrible, but he made the subject understandable, he used alot of everyday references and he was super helpful! He gave quite alot of quizzes, but they helped you stay on your toes. I highly recommend him!!

12/17/12

CHM152

Very clear lectures, I only used to book for homework. Also homework was only collected as extra credit on exam days. highly recommended instructor

12/13/12

chem130

great professor! really cares about students and wants to see them do good.

12/12/12

CHM151

Professor Scott was a fantastic instructor. He was always willing to help if you had any questions. He also offers extra credit points, which take up a lot of time, but they're great practice for his exams. He's a really nice guy. Definitely recommend!

12/10/12

CHM130

He is a great teacher. Very very easy. Made everything understandable. Do the homework and you wont have to study. Make sure you do your work though, points are always nice. Other than that he is a good teacher, don't be scared to ask questions he DOES want to help.

7/18/12

chem151

This instructor was didn't want to help after class. When I asked for help his reply was, "I would like to go home." The extra credit homework problems took up time that I needed to learn the material. Not worth taking the time to get 10 extra credit points.

5/15/12

CHM130

This man is so smart and funny! Chemistry is not "fun," but his teaching style is so entertaining that it makes an otherwise very boring subject pretty interesting. His persona can be somewhat intimidating, but don't let him fool you, he really wants his students to "get it." I would take any class he teaches without hesitation!

12/15/11

CHM130

Mr. Scott seems unapproachable at times but HE IS. Ask him questions and he will answer! Tests were straightforward and he gave bonus questions on them. He dropped your lowest test grade and only used your six best quiz scores. I didn't have to take final because I had an A by the end of the semester. Lab is more hands on. Takes practice n patience

12/13/11

chem130

Great teacher! The best I've ever had! He is very helpful, relies little on power point, takes the time to TEACH! He does have an attendance policy. He gives practice quizzes and mimics the problems for actual quizzes. I liked the way he only accounted for so many quizzes/exams, much more fair than grade curving.

More Chemistry professors at Mesa Community College