in Emerson College that teach Fine Arts Edit
are you Harmony Wu?
1.9

01/31/2009
good
VM402 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Seminar in genre studies very thorough and brings out interesting ideas about gender and films. Made me think new things about stupid films like Fri the 13th.

01/03/2008
good
VMA421 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I loved this class on horror and women's melodramas! I learned about different theories to approaching film studies. Lots of work, but that's why I learned so much. She gave lots of feedback on papers, which was a big part of grading. She was available for meetings to discuss our research but I was too scared to go. I wish I would have.

05/14/2007
good
MA101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

As others have said, she's very hard, unclear at times, and difficult to figure out. Out of all my classes though, I remember the most (and the most valuable stuff) from her class. Part of that is from desperately scrambling to keep up with her, but nonetheless. Everyone needs at least one very hard teacher.

11/15/2006
good
SCIFI421 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This was a great class on science fiction. I learned alot about the themes and gender issues and got to do my own research. Lot of work but that's the way to learn.

09/21/2006
good
MA101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Harmony taught the best class I took at Emerson. It's not a fluff class, but if you're serious about film, television, or new media you should know your damn history and stop ****ing about the quizzes. She's brilliant and if you give her a chance, her dry humor is hysterical. And she's really hot.

04/01/2006
HistMediaArts1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She's a horrible teacher and she hates men (no joke). While her lectures are decent, they're very opinionated. Her test are poorly written and many times the questions are unreadable or just plain subjective. DON'T THINK YOU CAN RIDE THE CLASS OUT! SWITCH OUT OF HER CLASS IF SHE'S ON YOUR SCHEDULE!

12/25/2005
Media Arts 1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Harmony Wu is smokin' hott. However, beyond that, she is worthless. She talks so fast I had to resort to typing notes cause my hand cramped up, her tests are stupid, lengthy, and the questions are designed to trick you, and the class has nothing to do with "media arts", it's film history. Her class is all boring lecture, basically a $700 nap 2x/wk.

12/21/2005
MA101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This woman is contemptable. here are the problems...her tests are opinionated so it makes it practically impossible to answer a question if your opinion differs from hers, she gives pop quizzes, she refuses to help you and if you comment on her tests/teaching skills she gets deffensive then offensive. she has a doctorate in philosophy..wtf. GET OUT

12/05/2005
Hist. Media Art Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

There is nothing "harmonious" about this teacher. I got into this class as a freshman thinking it was going to be awesome to finally learn about film, but all it has been is inconcise notes, very hard tests, a rude and sarcastic professor, and no helpfulness or understanding whatsoever. For your own good, DO NOT TAKE THIS CLASS WITH WU! SWITCH OUT!

11/29/2005
good

This class is no cake walk and yea Harmony's got the 'tude, but I faired well and still look back on it fondly. Harmony is funny and looked dam good, even after popping out a kid. So fellas, let me tell ya, the juice is definately worth the squeeze.

11/28/2005
MA101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This woman is satan wrapped in a nasty female coldhearted shell. She loves to give work without the payoff of learning anything useful. Her tests suck the life out of you, she isn't nice, and her classes are THE MOST BORING THINGS I HAVE EVER LIVED THROUGH. And I barely lived through it.

11/21/2005

Let me just say, if you have this woman, get out NOW! she is terrible, you can study endlessly and still fail becuase she tricks you in her tests. GET OUT WHILE U STILL CAN!!! SHE IS THE MOST HORRIBLE TEACHER IVE EVER HAD

11/14/2005

This is one of the worst teachers I have ever had. She can lecture decently, but her material is all subjective. The worst part of her class is her tests, the only graded elements of the class. She words her test questions in a way so that you can know the answer, but you get it wrong because of the wording or clearity of what she is asking.

10/30/2005
good

I loved Harmony's MA101! Endlessly organized, it's a fantastic in depth study of the development of media from the telegraph until 1950. If you don't like lecture, find someone else. Harmony's a powerhouse, hour and fourty-five minutes (with no break) speaker who is every lecture learner's wet dream. Yet, every now and again, if you're paying attention, you'll catch those nuggets of quirk in little off-hand remarks and jokes about the people and topics she's discussing. Harmony rocked my world!

10/20/2005
good
intro to media Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Harmony Wu? More like Harmony Wu Hoo!!!! Yeah, she was kinda ****y but the class was great (very well constructed) and she totally had some cool moments. We almost got her to sing for us. Liked her so much a few friends and I took her again the next semester. And she made fun of us for it!! (But in a good way.)

10/15/2005
Fine Arts Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Total ****, hardcore feminist and WAY too much work.

10/14/2005
MA 100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

A bit of a **** although good looking and kind of a hard teacher. Definately take Flynn over Wu Tang if you can!

10/13/2005
Media Arts Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

12/08/2004
MA100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Being hot (which she is) doesn't make the class or the teacher good. Maybe motivated me a bit more to go to class but that's about it. Then again i'm not an ass-kissing know-it-alls like generally most of the people that are rating.

10/25/2004
good

Total babe! Wanted her as my on-screen lover. Her class is hard . . . for lame people who hate work. I gained so much from her class, including a schoolboy crush!