in Emerson College that teach Not Specified Edit
at Emerson College, Boston, MA
are you Cynthia Miller?

05/26/2014
good
IN 146 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Miller is the best, every class she had us watching some crazy zombie film, or acting out our own horror scripts. You never know what to expect from her, and her class is worth waking up for even at 8am. Also, don't buy the "Undead in the West" textbooks - I never even opened mine and got an easy A.

03/17/2014
good
IN 138 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Oh. my. God! I SO love this class with Cindy Miller!!! Best class ever!! Take her!! Wicked smart and challenging, but lots of fun!!

02/27/2014
good
IN138 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Cindy is one of the best professors I have had since coming to Emerson! She is super passionate and really understands students, and always keeps us laughing and we do so in return. Her classes fill up fast so try to get a spot, you seriously won't regret it!

01/14/2014
good
IN 146 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Awesome teacher for an awesome class. Learned a lot and had fun.

11/19/2013
good
IN146 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Cynthia Miller is an amazing professor! She knows her monsters!It wasn't just obsessing over how cool zombies are. Making Monsters actually made me form questions about the human nature, its fears and desires. She showed us some pretty cool movies too! The essays were very interesting to work on and you have a lot of freedom for your final project.

10/17/2013
good
IN 146 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Monsters with Miller!! You can't miss this one! I love this woman - she's creative, patient and oh, yeah, frigging brilliant! Knows her zombies, too!!

08/10/2013
good
IN146 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Making Monsters was the best class that I took last semester. I would recommend it to anyone. Discussions were fun and the projects were always entertaining.

02/12/2012
good
Burle1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Miller is amazing. She teaches you everything you need to know, and then lets you take it in the direction you want to for projects. She's worth tuition. Definitely take a class. You'll never be bored.

01/22/2012
good
IN138 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Cindy Miller's Staging American Women is one class you just can't miss! Hands-on, brain-on -- the whole deal! Here's the part everybody's slow to get: She loves this stuff, and wants you to be successful! Just go with it! Love her, love her, love her!

12/09/2011
good
in101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

i wasn't really sure how closely she would stick to the syllabus (which she totally didnt) but in the end, cynthia is IT. she's been there, done that, so don't bs her. very cultured and very cool. definitely try to have her at least once.

08/20/2011
good
IN201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Saw everyone else's comments and had to chime in. Miller deserves every bit of great press she gets! You'll figure out how smart she is WAY too late - she's done it, seen it, heard it - and she brings it ALL to what you're trying to learn. CM may not be God, but he texts her daily!

08/18/2011
good
IN134 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Cindy Miller ... Gotta love her! All those up-tight, rule-driven profs could take a lesson. How do I describe her? Original -- Creative --Inspiring. More energy than me, and smarts to spare. I'd take her over and over if I could.

08/18/2011
good
IN138 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She really knows her stuff! This class was awesome - great hands-on projects, papers I actually wanted to do (Yes, wanted!), and I learned a lot! And get this - she's published on zombies! The perfect person for teaching "Making Monsters!"

08/03/2011
good
IN138 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

If there's anybody who will go the extra mile for you - help with writing problems, making sense of material, creating a kick-ass project - it's her. We all loved her, and really looked forward to an 8:00 a.m class. That's right - 8:00 A.M. I wouldn't get out of bed for anybody else!! Cindy Miller rocks!!

05/23/2011
good
IN201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I can't say enough good things about Cindy Miller. She pulls the most amazing stuff out of nowhere, and makes every class something to look forward to! You get the kind of help and investment from her that you'd never get from most other profs. Easy? Only once she bails you out of the mess you've made! Then everything's easier! Thank you!

05/04/2011
good
IN001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Pretty freaking awesome teacher. HIghly recommended.

04/30/2011
good

She's just the best - supportive, dedicated, inspiring - and we have fun! I wish I could take more of her classes, but they're all electives! Take her courses - any of them - if you have the chance!

01/12/2010
good
IN134 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She's amazing!! She expects you to be responsible for your education and growth - from there, she'll take you as far as you can go. She doesn't have to force attendance - I wouldn't miss!! Great sense of humor, completely brilliant, and a great motivator. If you're a screw-off, it's not her fault, or her problem - want to learn - she's the one!

12/02/2008
good
BURA Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Cynthia is the crazy aunt everyone wish they could have. She's passionate, driven, funny, and so outgoing. Her class is probably the only class that I will ever look forward to at 8:30. I will miss her dearly.

11/11/2008
good
INLAGC Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Oh Cindy Miller...where do i begin? Well, she's a really nice, warm, harmless woman who is very passionate about helping people in need and teaching her students about those people in need. All in all, she's a great person with a brutally easy class (except for the final video), but the class could have been done in 3 weeks or less