Robert H. Thompson at Northampton Community College

Robert H. Thompson

Number of ratings 27 / Average Grade:  A- Submit a correction

7/12/14

PHIL201

One of the best if not best Profs I ever had! No exaggeration. Philosophy is not an easy course to teach and he did it so eloquently and effortlessly. You could tell he lived it. I will probably go back and take another one of his courses, even though I graduated. If you get the chance Take him, you'll love it.

12/28/13

PHIL211

Grade ReceivedA-

Surprising to find anyone could say this man was arrogant, not engaging, or puts himself on a pedastool. NEVER did he talk condescending to women or non-whites, EVER. And he never bragged about himself...complete BS. Completely gracious and understanding man....most excellent teacher; blew my mind every class with the thought process; respectful.

12/20/13

Phil 211

Philosophy is my major at Northampton. This class has all the classic hallmarks of a good philosophy class and philosophical environment. The material in this class is a little more intense than an intro class, but if you have an interest he is a great professor. He is a genuine philosopher in style, grace and "etiquette". Definite recommendation.

12/18/13

PHIL201-08

Professor Thompson is without a doubt the most intelligent man I have ever met in my entire life. He's changed my way of thinking, and will do so for you, too! He is an outstanding professor who values education and enjoys philosophical discussions. I cannot recommend this man highly enough. PLEASE TAKE THIS CLASS! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

11/17/13

PHIL201

I was excited to take a class with Thompson after reading all these comments but honestly I found him kind of annoying. He knows what he's talking about philosophy wise but he laughs at his own jokes and makes the same ones over and over. His exams were take home and the material was interesting, but he wasn't an engaging professor.

11/6/13

PHIL201

I've never met a more arrogant pig in my life. He's always listing all his credentials and bragging about how smart he is and how much better he is than everyone else,but in reality he's just your basic straight, white, privileged male who thinks women are nothing more than "a pair of ...." and non-whites are something to laugh at.

4/24/13

philo101

He has been my favorite professor yet. I took him for a summer course and he is one of the smartest guys ive met.. Really makes you think outside the box. His class is super easy. Test are either take home of a piece of cake. Just read and participate in class and youll have an easy A

1/16/13

PHIL201

Awesome professor. His test are take home! All he ask from his students is to read the text and have discussions in class. Highly recommend him!

11/30/12

PHIL01

Thompson is very smart.Understanding and willing to listen, at ANY time of day. Never judges and respects the students. Not only a teacher but a student learning as well. I respect him and am very sad that this has to be my last class with him. I consider it a honor to have been his student and will forever be thanful for his teachings.

11/9/11

PHIL201

Awesome professor really knows his information and easy to get along with:)

5/24/11

PHIL111

I think I am crushing on this man's brain. Epitome of intelligence.

5/19/11

PHIL111G

Professor Thompson was amazing to sit and listen to him lecture and is a brilliant man. You have a couple of papers and discusion staters. I would highly reccomend him to anybody.

4/7/11

phil101

Best professor I've ever had.

4/5/11

PHIL201

Prof. Thompson was awesome. He helped me understand the material to the fullest. When reading the text, its like stereo instructions in a different language. However, the lectures are OUTSTANDING!I also took this course during a summer 1 session, it was great!

3/15/11

PHIL111

I've had a LOT of OUTSTANDING professors at NCC, but this man surpasses them all. He can not only philosophize to the deepest level, he knows his history, religion, culture, you name it. MUST read text and MUST do papers. This professor is simply brilliant; priviledged to sit in his class and hear him talk!

11/30/10

PHIL201

Thompson is one of the best professors I've ever had. He understands the material to its core; he has read different translations of the texts and provides detailed, in-depth explanations for the material. I was actually excited to go to class every single day. How often does that even happen? He's a great guy and a brilliant professor.

10/28/10

Phil101

Robert Thompson changed my life. Highly recommended. <333333333333

6/22/10

PHIL201

Great professor. In order to understand what's going on you have to read the text and really think about it. The material isn't always the easiest to understand, especially because he challenges students to support their opinions. Class discussions are great. He's fun and easygoing but really knows what he's talking about.

4/7/10

PHIL121

Best professor I ever had. Very interesting class and revamped my entire thinking of religion and life lessons. Very down to earth and fair. Highly recommended

3/27/10

PHIL121

He is an amazing professor! Completely changed the way I think about faith I understand it now. Great discussions

More Religion professors at Northampton Community College

It looks like this department doesn't have many professors on RateMyProfessors.com. Add a new professor to this school!