in Northampton Community College that teach Religion Edit
Robert H. Thompson
Professor in the Religion department
at Northampton Community College, Bethlehem, PA
are you Robert H. Thompson?

11/11/2014
201 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: Not sure yet
"Participation matters"

Yes, he's wickedly funny, however his choice of words make him seem insensitive to students' feelings.

07/12/2014
good
PHIL201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

One of the best if not best Profs I ever had! No exaggeration. Philosophy is not an easy course to teach and he did it so eloquently and effortlessly. You could tell he lived it. I will probably go back and take another one of his courses, even though I graduated. If you get the chance Take him, you'll love it.

12/28/2013
good
PHIL211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A-

Surprising to find anyone could say this man was arrogant, not engaging, or puts himself on a pedastool. NEVER did he talk condescending to women or non-whites, EVER. And he never bragged about himself...complete BS. Completely gracious and understanding man....most excellent teacher; blew my mind every class with the thought process; respectful.

12/20/2013
good
Phil 211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Philosophy is my major at Northampton. This class has all the classic hallmarks of a good philosophy class and philosophical environment. The material in this class is a little more intense than an intro class, but if you have an interest he is a great professor. He is a genuine philosopher in style, grace and "etiquette". Definite recommendation.

12/18/2013
good
PHIL201-08 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Thompson is without a doubt the most intelligent man I have ever met in my entire life. He's changed my way of thinking, and will do so for you, too! He is an outstanding professor who values education and enjoys philosophical discussions. I cannot recommend this man highly enough. PLEASE TAKE THIS CLASS! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

11/17/2013
PHIL201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I was excited to take a class with Thompson after reading all these comments but honestly I found him kind of annoying. He knows what he's talking about philosophy wise but he laughs at his own jokes and makes the same ones over and over. His exams were take home and the material was interesting, but he wasn't an engaging professor.

11/06/2013
PHIL201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I've never met a more arrogant pig in my life. He's always listing all his credentials and bragging about how smart he is and how much better he is than everyone else,but in reality he's just your basic straight, white, privileged male who thinks women are nothing more than "a pair of ...." and non-whites are something to laugh at.

04/24/2013
good
philo101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

He has been my favorite professor yet. I took him for a summer course and he is one of the smartest guys ive met.. Really makes you think outside the box. His class is super easy. Test are either take home of a piece of cake. Just read and participate in class and youll have an easy A

01/16/2013
good

Awesome professor. His test are take home! All he ask from his students is to read the text and have discussions in class. Highly recommend him!

11/30/2012
good
PHIL01 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Thompson is very smart.Understanding and willing to listen, at ANY time of day. Never judges and respects the students. Not only a teacher but a student learning as well. I respect him and am very sad that this has to be my last class with him. I consider it a honor to have been his student and will forever be thanful for his teachings.

11/09/2011
good
PHIL201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Awesome professor really knows his information and easy to get along with:)

05/24/2011
good
PHIL111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I think I am crushing on this man's brain. Epitome of intelligence.

05/19/2011
good
PHIL111G Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Thompson was amazing to sit and listen to him lecture and is a brilliant man. You have a couple of papers and discusion staters. I would highly reccomend him to anybody.

04/07/2011
good
phil101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best professor I've ever had.

04/05/2011
good
PHIL201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Thompson was awesome. He helped me understand the material to the fullest. When reading the text, its like stereo instructions in a different language. However, the lectures are OUTSTANDING!I also took this course during a summer 1 session, it was great!

03/15/2011
good

I've had a LOT of OUTSTANDING professors at NCC, but this man surpasses them all. He can not only philosophize to the deepest level, he knows his history, religion, culture, you name it. MUST read text and MUST do papers. This professor is simply brilliant; priviledged to sit in his class and hear him talk!

11/30/2010
good

Thompson is one of the best professors I've ever had. He understands the material to its core; he has read different translations of the texts and provides detailed, in-depth explanations for the material. I was actually excited to go to class every single day. How often does that even happen? He's a great guy and a brilliant professor.

10/28/2010
good
Phil101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Robert Thompson changed my life. Highly recommended. <333333333333

06/22/2010
good

Great professor. In order to understand what's going on you have to read the text and really think about it. The material isn't always the easiest to understand, especially because he challenges students to support their opinions. Class discussions are great. He's fun and easygoing but really knows what he's talking about.

04/07/2010
good
PHIL121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best professor I ever had. Very interesting class and revamped my entire thinking of religion and life lessons. Very down to earth and fair. Highly recommended