Margaret Zank at Ohio Northern University

Margaret Zank

Number of ratings 22 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

4/21/09

MUSCNONW

non-western music.. my friend and i have made up words in certain essays that are graded on content and have tried to write the worst papers possible, but despite our best efforts to fail, she continues to give us A's... on everything

4/20/06

MUSC 221-3

Great Teacher! Knows her 20th century music...unfortunately. I love her teaching style and her stories about "Fawns and Sex" in the classroom. Definately a great lady and helps you out 100% of the way!

10/23/05

Theory

Avoid if you can. Unfortunately if you're a music major you can't. Grin and bear it. Be prepared to teach yourself. You won't get much help here. She may be bright but she sucks at teaching.

10/3/05

Non-West Music

Her tests are kinda hard, but if you go to class everyday and sit through the boring movies, you will be rewarded. The project is worth alot, so do a really good job on it and you will get an A!

7/19/05

Theory II

She's just plain weird. She cries when she talks about certain things. What's up with that. She's pretty arrogant and only values her mentors (Copley - gag!) And what's up with her husband always around? He's not even on staff and yet he has free use of the facilities. Not a good teacher

7/12/05

Theory

She's plays favorites and her finals are a complete joke. Everything I learned I learned on my own or with the help of another musician.

1/21/05

Non-western

Only a music major would call her "Brilliant". She's an average prof for us normal people. A little flighty at times. She thinks everybody grew up playing a musical instrument everyday of their life. But I can't complain too much b/c we got to watch some good movies in class.

12/25/04

Theory

If she likes you, you do well. If not, well, you're on your own

11/22/04

MUSC 321

One of the best professors I've ever had. Covers the material in a clear, concise manner, and her expectations are clear. Tests are tough, you really need to know the material well. Very fair and helpful, as long as you show that you care!

10/12/04

theory 2

I so almost dropped the class the first week, but I'm glad I stayed in--I ended up getting straight A's. I had to work extremely hard at first, but then the content just started coming to me out of nowhere :)

11/13/03

MUSC 221

Rater Interest

DON'T TAKE HER UNLESS YOU HAVE TOO!

7/6/03

Thry/Comp

Rater Interest

Can't say enough good things about her. Wonderful person. She is a fantastic teacher and knows how to address the material to each individual in the class. I feel so sorry for her being in such a political nightmare like ONU Music Dept.

5/22/03

Rater Interest

Dr. Zank is a gifted professor and i freely admit she is the BEST teacher I have ever had. She has a brilliant mind and a wonderful personality. I hope I get to take many more classes with her

3/27/03

Rater Interest

She's BRILLIANT!! She's tough, but her door is always open for extra help. She may be the smartest professor at ONU as well as one of the best theory teachers in the nation. She should really be teaching at a better music school.

3/12/03

Rater Interest

Although she is tough inside the classroom if you take the time to go and talk to her she is a very inviting and helpful professor. She is also one of the nicest people I have met at ONU.

2/25/03

Rater Interest

She has to be the smartest woman I know. Great professor, but you have to study hard to earn your A.

2/24/03

MUSC 221

Rater Interest

She's a theory whiz-don't procrastinate-she won't have mercy on you during wk 10

2/24/03

MUSC 200

Rater Interest

Not accommodating to individual needs, boring class, too many videos, tests hard

11/19/02

adv theory

Rater Interest

She is one of the kindest most helpful people I have ever met

10/7/02

MUS 233

Rater Interest

Dr. Zank knows her stuff. Her ability to add on to the text book is awesome.

More Music professors at Ohio Northern University