in University of Kansas that teach Film Edit
1.7
1.6
1.3

11/21/2011
FMS276 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

On any given day, Professor Small will mention a former student who turned out to be functionally illiterate. I don't care if that student didn't know how to breath. He couldn't possibly be any worse a professor than Ed Small. I wish him a happy retirement.

05/15/2011
good
FMS0000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Small was my favorite teacher. I from Russia and he remind me of my teacher back home. He give me a D+ in basic film but I okay with grade.

03/19/2011
THF276 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Had him a decade ago. He was coasting by on his tenure and rarely came to class, and he even lost my final exam. I had to track him for 6 whole months in order for him to even give me a grade. I work for Disney Animation now and knowing what i now know, he should have been fired long ago. The epitome of lazy and pompous. An embarrassment to KU.

06/14/2010
Fms275 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Fuck this guy! Sucks. Poor dental hygiene as well

04/23/2010
FMS276 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of the worst professors I've ever had, arrogant and not helpful, not to mention pompous. Incredibly demanding without giving much to any support and is more concerned about pointing out how much you don't know than teaching you what you should know.

04/23/2010

10/25/2008
good
THF376 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very demanding and old fashioned. A lot of students get on his bad side by talking back. His production classes emphasize classical continuity and technical proficiency with the Bell & Howell 70 16mm film camera. You have to pay close attention because he doesn't go out of his way to make things easy.

07/16/2008
THF596 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The worst professor that I have ever experienced. This guy should be fired.

06/09/2008
THF376 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Small is a trip. Honestly I could not recommend him as a professor. He is very vague and hard to understand at times, and he tests you over things you don't know. There were times when he yelled at students for absolutely no reason. He does know a lot about film, but I think it's time for him to throw in the towel.

01/10/2008
THF590 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Easily the rudest professor I ever had while attending KU. As an alumnus I want to forewarn any future film majors to avoid taking this guy unless you absolutely have to. Every year my peers would pray that he had retired because he's honestly that bad. He will yell at any student who asks a question that might steer from his beliefs.

12/10/2007
THF596 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This guy is so bad that I'm debating whether or not to write a letter to Chancellor Hemingway. As I was, I'm so sorry if you are forced to take this class because of a major requirement.

09/08/2007
THF000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I have had his classes a few times. His manner of lecture is completely convoluted and he injects a lot of needless personal anecdotes in them. All his theory classes consist of two tests (50% each of your grade) which are as confusing and pointless as his lectures. He prides himself on awarding few A's.

12/29/2006
THF593 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I wonder how the University gets away with not evaluating Ed Small. I mean, if they took one look at his bogus tests (two tests, each count for 50% of your grade) with their questions that have absolutely nothing to do with the subject matter, surely they would have someone else teach the class. Instead I have to waste my money on this old fool.

12/14/2006
THF593 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Uses his own book for the class and expects you to know it as well as he does. Nitpicks on test questions and takes pride in no student ever getting 100% on one of his exams. Although difficult, will probably curve the test scores. Book is written in academic language far above how he talks in class, go figure.

02/13/2006
376 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

10/13/2005
Basic film Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I've never understood teachers who hate students.

10/10/2005
Experimental Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

10/03/2005
good
499 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Small is a very hard individual to get along with. He is almost impossible to approach or have a coherent conversation with but he is still the best teacher that I have ever had at this University. I knew when I entered his class that it was going to be a kick in the face. I took the basic film class and animation and I could always rely on his honesty and he was the only people that would tell me what I needed to hear to develop. He is not easy and frankly he is not supposed to be.