Sonya Armstrong at West Virginia State University

8/19/14

Math 100

Open

Grade ReceivedC+

Very confusing, she wants you to use Catch up math, Khan Academy and the textbook. She was nice, condescending at times. I do not recommend this class. Many of her online material would not open, it took awhile to get the correct access codes to do quizzes.

4/7/14

Math121

Grade ReceivedB

You never know what your going to get with Dr. A. She is often rude and disrespectful to students. Other times she can be funny and helpful. She is very unclear in her lectures and gets confused quite often. You have to have thick skin to survive her class. We started with about 30 ended with about 15. Ive seen her make students cry more than once.

8/10/13

This teacher is mean. Don't ever ask for help. Pretend you are doing well and DO NOT draw attention to yourself unless you want to be ridiculed and ostracized in front of your peers. If you do not do well in stressful situations, or have a hard time watching someone suffer in front of other people, avoid this teacher or you will weep for humanity!

6/3/12

Algeb120

I relieved my first C ever in her class. She does not explain well and flies through the lessons. Overall, I should have checked around before taking her.

10/20/11

MATH104

Couldn't even wait until the end of the semester to rate this one! BEWARE!!! I'm actually a great math student (even ending up with an A in her class but I taught myself), and I cant count how many times I caught HER in explaining things incorrectly. She's somehow the chair of the department?!? Not to mention she is a complete "B" word.

10/8/11

math020

i hated that class i withdrew at midterms. my last class i left crying she basically called me stupid

4/25/11

A09

she is really good teacher. if you work hard and try to learn on Math. She is the best.

3/9/11

m07

she is a good teacher with high expection on student. if u are in her class, u need to really work hard for A that make your math skill improve. i knid of enjoy to look her becuse she has different beautiul color dresses.

11/4/10

Math120

I have had better math teachers with a bachelor degree. She makes you feel stupid, puts you on the spot, all because I think it makes her feel smart. Ridiculous! There was 60 in the class, now there is 15 and most are failing. Stay away from this one.

10/27/10

Math120

If you enjoy being talked down to and made to feel like your less than her I recommend taking her for Algerbra 120, if not I suggest staying away, far away

2/23/09

Alg201

crazy. couldnt do simple algebra without a caluclator. rude to students. Cold teaching methods.

12/31/07

math100

My math 100 teacher was so bad she had to teach us one day a week. Do not ever take her for anything. She puts you on the spot and tries to make you look stupid. SHE IS THE DEVIL

5/2/07

Trig104

10/8/06

math103

A revolutionary in the field of intolerance and idiocy. Avoid.

3/18/06

sub 4 Math 101

This woman was unable to do college Algebra without her calculator. She managed 2 confuse a class that had been doing rather well & when our regular teacher returned we had 2 spend a week learning how to do what Armstrong had "taught" the right way. If you aren't one of her favorite student, or you want to learn, drop her class now & take another

2/7/06

math 012

I lost my great grandmother and missed a test. In order to make it up I had to send her a laminated copy of her obituary and a copy of the funeral service. She made me feel as if i was lying. Very RUDE to students. Makes you feel stupid for asking a question.Talks about her "accident" every class. would not reccomend unless you are black.

12/19/05

Math 103

She is very disoriented. She tried to work out a problem in class that several of us students worked out in about 5 minutes, it took her a good 45 minutes and she had to start over 4 times. I'm only taking her again because I have to.

12/9/05

Math 103

12/1/05

math 100

She is very rude and makes students feel stupid.

11/1/05

Mathematics

all the people that say this lady is rude, difficult, and degrades students probably deserved it! she is a remarkable teacher. if you struggle with mathematics, this lady will change your life if your willing to help her help you. lazy students need not apply though.

More Mathematics professors at West Virginia State University