Klaus Janson at School of Visual Arts

Klaus Janson

Number of ratings 11 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

7/10/14

CID-2000-A

The best teacher I have ever had, and I've been blessed with some truly amazing teachers. Great artist, great teacher, great person. Just take his class already.

5/1/13

CID I- II

Klaus is straight forward, extremely wise, funny, thoughtful and overall an AMAZING INSTRUCTOR. Many artists aren't great teachers, but he is. He is very attentive, open minded and wonderful. Amazingly smart & down to earth. TAKE HIM! PRICELESS EXPERIENCE!!!

1/2/13

CID2000

This is by far the most helpful class I have taken in this school. Klaus is very informative and gives real work that would be applicable to in the field experiences. If your serious about Illustrating for comic books, he is the guys to get you there.

1/12/11

CID2000

By far one of the best cartooning teachers. If you take comics seriously, then I highly recommend taking him regardless if you draw mainstream comics or not. He's honest, serious about learning, and cares.

6/4/10

CID2000

Sharp but insightful crits. We covered a great deal in just two semesters. TAKE NOTES! He should write a text book based on the class. challenging and helpful prof overall.

5/13/10

CID2005

Never dedicated so many hours to a single class before. Never improved so much so quickly.

3/18/10

CID2000

If you're really set on going into mainstream comics, this is the class for you. He's extremely knowledgeble and extremely tough. You learn a lot but if that's not your thing don't take the class.

3/7/08

carto101

I went in thinking I knew a lot and left realizing how much I had left to learn. Klaus taught me so much and really put my work into perspective. His class is a must for anyone interested in storytelling or visual language. Too they don't have him teaching juniors as well

2/13/08

Princ101

At first I hated Klaus's class, but as I look back on it now, the man taught me everything I know about comic books. He was a slave driver and kicked you in the butt to get things done, but the end results are well worth the stress. He's an amazing professor, and I would take his class again in a heartbeat.

9/14/05

Cartooning

Taught me more about cartooning than anyone has about anything else.

9/8/05

Senior Portfoli

Klaus has forgotten more about comics then I'll ever know! Great teacher, great overall experience. My one complaint was the he needed to tell the fanboys that they were in a classroom to learn, and not a convention getting their issues of "Daredevi

More Graphic Arts professors at School of Visual Arts