in Boston University that teach History Edit
at Boston University, Boston, MA
are you Tom Whalen?

12/27/2012
good
SS201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

An amazing lecturer, instead of just giving you information, he outlines events and gives you the big picture. I enjoyed every class because he engages his students and wants them to do well. He's pretty funny, too. Best professor in CGS hands down

01/01/2012
good
ss201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

WHALEN IS THE MAN. I literally laugh through his entire class, and remember everything he taught us because he's so fun to listen to! He has such a great personality, I wish every teacher was like him! His class is great! Obviously JSA's are another deal, as are the finals, but his mid terms are fair and easy enough! HE ROCKS.

11/16/2011
good
SS201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is one the best professors I have ever had. He keeps the material clean, concise, and easily understandable. You don't have to read the book because he outlines the major events. His tests are fairly easy. He prepares you very well for the midterm and final. I recommend him more than any other professor at BU!

11/06/2011
good
SS202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Whalen is the reason I liked CGS.He is by far the best professor in BU! He has a demeanor like a politician and all his lectures and discussions are amazing. I wish he was my professor for everything I would love going to class everyday!

04/06/2011
good
SS202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Whalen is the best professor and might I say has the MOST attractive demeanor at Boston University. He's funny, smart, and keeps you interested. He's a native with a hard core Boston accent.

04/05/2011
good
HI202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Whalen is by far the best professor I have had at BU. Every lecture is engaging, interesting, understandable and funny. He swears a lot and is very enthusiastic about the subject which makes listening to him so much fun and you learn a lot. He is intelligent, personable and just the best teacher who I could not recommend more - just take his class!

12/03/2010
good
SS201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Whalen is a really cool dude. He's very entertaining and makes the subject interesting. However, he does not cover enough material to prepare you for midterms/finals so you have to read the books. He also tends to use out of date phrases that make no sense to me so I don't always know what he's talking about.

03/04/2010
good
ss102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Probably the clearest teacher I have ever had. His discussions are the best, he writes down 'talking points' that work well. He makes EVERYTHING understandable. At a certain point, he realized that no one was doing readings because his discussions were better. If you don't understand something, go to office hours. Kind, fun, aproachable.

11/02/2009
good
SoSci101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He's funny and understanding.

07/06/2009
good
SS101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love this man more than word can tell. He has been one of my favorite teachers in all my years of schooling. Even if you don't have him as a professor, do your best to attend HIS classes, TRUST ME!