in Cayuga Community College that teach English Edit
at Cayuga Community College, Auburn, NY
are you Richard Bower?

03/26/2014
good
101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He goes out of his way to help students. Very approachable. Very realistic about any advice he gives, about life or homework. If you fail his class I bet you didn't go for help.

12/02/2013
English 240 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Bower was a real nice guy however, he was very confusing and most of the time I had no clue what he or my other classmates were talking about. The myths were hard to understand and boring. I'm a good student but I would NOT recommend to someone who wants an easy AND fun course. Dreaded going to this class even though I still got an A-

05/06/2013
good
English 240 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Bower changed the way I look at literature. He took the Intentional Fallacy right out of me and opened me up to post-modernist criticism. His teaching style is very group oriented and he asks insightful questions that can lead to long silences. You'll get used to it. Great man. Great professor.

11/03/2011
Engl102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very nice and helpful, but can be unclear. Alot of work involved in his classes.

08/17/2011
good
Eng216 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I've taken Professor Bower for at least two classes now and I love the man lol He is probably one of the best professors I've met and I am an English major so I've met quite a few in my years. I would definitely recommend him to anyone... except ignorant people. They ruin the class completely.

10/15/2008
good
eng239 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I really enjoyed his class. It was the first writing course i had ever taken and he ventured into the world of video games! It was a lot of fun and he supported my writing through the entire class. He's an amazing prof :)

11/26/2007
FilmLit Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took Film & Lit with Bower. It was the easiest class I have ever taken. Maybe I am just a great writer but for the most part I think that there were ALOT of things we talked about in depth that really brought about a new side of thinking for me. I liked the class. And I got an A.

05/25/2006
good
ENG 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took ENG w/ Prof. Bower my second semester at CCC. I enjoyed the class a lot. Sure there was a lot of work, but isn't that part of going to college? Yes, sometimes he was difficult to understand, but he was always willing to help any student outside of class. Most of the time, if you work hard, you will earn an A.

10/27/2005
good

funny guy, cares about student's writing

10/27/2005
good
Engl 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Should the illiterate expect to pass college English? Not with Bower!

10/23/2005
098 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I heard a sudent that was a A student she got a B and was unhappy with him , I worked soi hard , he did not any office hours to help me , or after class, I worked so hard and got a F , I said I only got B- in High school but I said i would nbever settle for a F now

10/18/2005
good
public speaking Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

a little hard to understand in terms of the vocabulary he uses (kind of thinks in his own little world)...but beside that, he is EXTREMELY helpful to you and goes the extra mile to make sure you know what you are doing. good guy.

10/18/2005
eng 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

would never recommend him to anyone he is horrible at teaching

10/15/2005
good
English Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

10/12/2005
good
eng 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

total hottie

09/27/2005
good
English Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Mr. Bower is, interesting.

07/13/2005
good
ENG 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I enjoyed my class with Prof. Bower. He made English interesting.

05/02/2005
good
Eng 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Really clear about what he expects from his students. Also, appreciated the feedback I received

04/17/2005
good
Eng. 112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

My daughter and I were in his class together and we both thought he was an awesome instructor.

04/08/2005
good
eng 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Prof Bower was the most helpful teacher I have had. He went out of his way to help me, and I passed the class becaus eof him.