Richard Bower at Cayuga Community College

Richard Bower

Number of ratings 31 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

3/26/14

He goes out of his way to help students. Very approachable. Very realistic about any advice he gives, about life or homework. If you fail his class I bet you didn't go for help.

12/2/13

English 240

Prof. Bower was a real nice guy however, he was very confusing and most of the time I had no clue what he or my other classmates were talking about. The myths were hard to understand and boring. I'm a good student but I would NOT recommend to someone who wants an easy AND fun course. Dreaded going to this class even though I still got an A-

5/6/13

English 240

Dr. Bower changed the way I look at literature. He took the Intentional Fallacy right out of me and opened me up to post-modernist criticism. His teaching style is very group oriented and he asks insightful questions that can lead to long silences. You'll get used to it. Great man. Great professor.

11/3/11

Engl102

Very nice and helpful, but can be unclear. Alot of work involved in his classes.

8/17/11

Eng216

I've taken Professor Bower for at least two classes now and I love the man lol He is probably one of the best professors I've met and I am an English major so I've met quite a few in my years. I would definitely recommend him to anyone... except ignorant people. They ruin the class completely.

10/15/08

eng239

I really enjoyed his class. It was the first writing course i had ever taken and he ventured into the world of video games! It was a lot of fun and he supported my writing through the entire class. He's an amazing prof :)

11/26/07

FilmLit

I took Film & Lit with Bower. It was the easiest class I have ever taken. Maybe I am just a great writer but for the most part I think that there were ALOT of things we talked about in depth that really brought about a new side of thinking for me. I liked the class. And I got an A.

5/25/06

ENG 101

I took ENG w/ Prof. Bower my second semester at CCC. I enjoyed the class a lot. Sure there was a lot of work, but isn't that part of going to college? Yes, sometimes he was difficult to understand, but he was always willing to help any student outside of class. Most of the time, if you work hard, you will earn an A.

10/27/05

funny guy, cares about student's writing

10/27/05

Engl 101

Should the illiterate expect to pass college English? Not with Bower!

10/23/05

I heard a sudent that was a A student she got a B and was unhappy with him , I worked soi hard , he did not any office hours to help me , or after class, I worked so hard and got a F , I said I only got B- in High school but I said i would nbever settle for a F now

10/18/05

public speaking

a little hard to understand in terms of the vocabulary he uses (kind of thinks in his own little world)...but beside that, he is EXTREMELY helpful to you and goes the extra mile to make sure you know what you are doing. good guy.

10/18/05

eng 101

would never recommend him to anyone he is horrible at teaching

10/15/05

English

10/12/05

eng 101

total hottie

9/27/05

English

Mr. Bower is, interesting.

7/13/05

ENG 101

I enjoyed my class with Prof. Bower. He made English interesting.

5/2/05

Eng 102

Really clear about what he expects from his students. Also, appreciated the feedback I received

4/17/05

Eng. 112

My daughter and I were in his class together and we both thought he was an awesome instructor.

4/8/05

eng 102

Prof Bower was the most helpful teacher I have had. He went out of his way to help me, and I passed the class becaus eof him.

More English professors at Cayuga Community College