Shirley Bass-Wright at St. Philip's College

Number of ratings 28 / Average Grade:  A+ Submit a correction

5/4/14

PSYCH 2308

Grade ReceivedA+

Very easy. Watch videos, take quizzes. Read 3 chapters at a time, take a test. One discussion, then 2 replies. She clearly states her expectations and is a fair teacher by being consistent. She responds promptly to questions and is a very positive teacher. She wants her students to succeed.

12/10/13

PSYC 2314

Prof. Bass-Wright is the best! I didn't expect to enjoy this class as much as I did. It is a lot of reading, but interesting reading. Great text selection, assignments, and to-the-point tests. Prof. Wright offers resources to help study as well as a study guide. Interesting videos and great discussion question. She is kind and clear. Take her!!!!!

11/25/13

Psyc2301

A lot of reading. But if you look a the video modules it's an easy class

7/15/13

PSYC-2314--002

Took Growth & Development as Online Maymester Course. Was a lot of material to cover, but she gave chapter outlines and test reviews, which if you focused on those, would do great on tests. She gives some extra credit. If you have the time to do a three week intensive course and need this psychology, take it with her.

7/3/13

PSYC 2301

Great professor, always stayed in touch with us and answered emails promptly. Learned a lot, easy A if you read book

5/6/12

PSYC2301

I just finished taking her online General Psychology course and it was by far the EASIEST class I have ever taken. I was nervous to take an online course because I didn't know what to expect but I will be taking more classes with her because my experience was great. Thank you Ms. Shirley! (:

11/29/11

psych2301

I'm currently in her class right now and i take it online. I enjoy it as long you read at least one chapter a week you can easily pass this class. She gave you study guide and her test is online. Also long you stay on top her work you shouldn't have a problem passing this class.

10/5/11

psych2301

She is good. I recommend her for PSYCH 2301. She is not just a professor she is a teacher, and she is NICE LOOKING!!! Ummm. She makes Psych interesting and fun and learning easy instead of difficult. I wish she could teach all of my classes.

7/10/11

psyc2301

Awesome! She is very passionate on what she teaches. Her lectures are very clear and organized. She is really goofy, which always keeps the class entertained :)

11/30/10

Psyc2301

Greatest class ever, if you need any PSYC take her, shes great to talk to and listen too, i pulled out a pretty easy A

8/21/10

Psych1

AMAZING AMAZING Professor extremly passionate on her subject. Shes carring with her student and is always willing to assist.

6/5/10

pysch2306

very good teacher really gets the idea of having knowledge and how to give it to others. Personally concerns herself with students.

5/8/10

PSYC2301

SHE IS AN EXCELLENT TEACHER! SHE IS VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT THE SUBJECT AND VERY UNDERSTANDING. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HER AND TAKE ANOTHER CLASS OF HERS!

9/1/09

Psy101

Amazing teacher i hang on every word you can tell she loves her subject and it shows. It is really hard to get less then a C in this class. She is always helpful doesn't mind questions, infact prefers them

8/28/09

psyc2314

I took this class online and i didnt like it at all. Chapters were long and we had tests on 3 chapters at a time. i felt like i got absolutely nothing out of the internet course. i am now taking it in school for this semester and so far so good.

7/30/09

PSYC2314

I didnt feel coursecompass was grading accurately, when i emailed her, she snapped at me & didnt answer. She doesnt drop any low grades. Extra credit was a joke-1 time only-5 pts added out of possible 740 pts! You have to ask 4 ur grades-she does respond promptly w/them. Does not give clear instructions 4 writing assignment. Falls behind. Made B+

6/9/09

psyc2301

Excellent course to take online. Read the chapters and take test online.

5/5/08

PSYC2314

I took her online and I thought it to be pretty easy. I do think that the course compass grading was not accurate as well. I did e-mail her about it but this was the only time she didn't respond to me. I didn't make a big deal since I got an A on that test anyways. Other than that I liked the way the class was set up.

2/13/08

Psych2301

I took the online class with her. There are tests which are pretty annoying to take with course compass. I don't think they grade accurately. She emailed us frequently to give updates on the class. Stay on top of the work and you will do fine.

1/11/08

PSYC2301

She made the class fun, interesting, and interactive. Her class was one of the few I actually enjoyed attending.

More Psychology professors at St. Philip's College