in St. Philip's College that teach Psychology Edit
Shirley Bass-Wright
Professor in the Psychology department
at St. Philip's College, San Antonio, TX
are you Shirley Bass-Wright?
A+

11/08/2014
good
Psyc 2308 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Would take again"

This professor was great! I took her for the Fall semester and all of my work was due every other Sunday. It definitely made it easy on me. Probably one of the easiest classes I've taken and her quizzes and tests are easy. I would definitely recommend taking her! I'm taking her again for another Psychology class.

11/03/2014
good
PSY2301 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+
"Get ready to read" "Would take again"

Took Professor online for Maymester and Summer 1, for Introduction to Psychology and Growth and Development PSY2314. For Intro. there was just 4 exams, which were timed, with not very much time in my opinion. G&D there were easy video quizzes and the same number of exams that are timed as well. Got an A in both, highly recommend Professor!

05/04/2014
good
PSYCH 2308 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

Very easy. Watch videos, take quizzes. Read 3 chapters at a time, take a test. One discussion, then 2 replies. She clearly states her expectations and is a fair teacher by being consistent. She responds promptly to questions and is a very positive teacher. She wants her students to succeed.

12/10/2013
good
PSYC 2314 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

Prof. Bass-Wright is the best! I didn't expect to enjoy this class as much as I did. It is a lot of reading, but interesting reading. Great text selection, assignments, and to-the-point tests. Prof. Wright offers resources to help study as well as a study guide. Interesting videos and great discussion question. She is kind and clear. Take her!!!!!

11/25/2013
good
Psyc2301 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A lot of reading. But if you look a the video modules it's an easy class

07/15/2013
good
PSYC-2314-002 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Took Growth & Development as Online Maymester Course. Was a lot of material to cover, but she gave chapter outlines and test reviews, which if you focused on those, would do great on tests. She gives some extra credit. If you have the time to do a three week intensive course and need this psychology, take it with her.

07/03/2013
good
PSYC 2301 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great professor, always stayed in touch with us and answered emails promptly. Learned a lot, easy A if you read book

05/06/2012
good
PSYC2301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I just finished taking her online General Psychology course and it was by far the EASIEST class I have ever taken. I was nervous to take an online course because I didn't know what to expect but I will be taking more classes with her because my experience was great. Thank you Ms. Shirley! (:

11/29/2011
good
psych2301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I'm currently in her class right now and i take it online. I enjoy it as long you read at least one chapter a week you can easily pass this class. She gave you study guide and her test is online. Also long you stay on top her work you shouldn't have a problem passing this class.

10/05/2011
good
psych2301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She is good. I recommend her for PSYCH 2301. She is not just a professor she is a teacher, and she is NICE LOOKING!!! Ummm. She makes Psych interesting and fun and learning easy instead of difficult. I wish she could teach all of my classes.

07/10/2011
good
psyc2301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Awesome! She is very passionate on what she teaches. Her lectures are very clear and organized. She is really goofy, which always keeps the class entertained :)

11/30/2010
good
Psyc2301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Greatest class ever, if you need any PSYC take her, shes great to talk to and listen too, i pulled out a pretty easy A

08/21/2010
good
Psych1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

AMAZING AMAZING Professor extremly passionate on her subject. Shes carring with her student and is always willing to assist.

06/05/2010
good
pysch2306 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

very good teacher really gets the idea of having knowledge and how to give it to others. Personally concerns herself with students.

05/08/2010
good
PSYC2301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

SHE IS AN EXCELLENT TEACHER! SHE IS VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT THE SUBJECT AND VERY UNDERSTANDING. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HER AND TAKE ANOTHER CLASS OF HERS!

09/01/2009
good
Psy101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Amazing teacher i hang on every word you can tell she loves her subject and it shows. It is really hard to get less then a C in this class. She is always helpful doesn't mind questions, infact prefers them

08/28/2009
psyc2314 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took this class online and i didnt like it at all. Chapters were long and we had tests on 3 chapters at a time. i felt like i got absolutely nothing out of the internet course. i am now taking it in school for this semester and so far so good.

07/30/2009
PSYC2314 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I didnt feel coursecompass was grading accurately, when i emailed her, she snapped at me & didnt answer. She doesnt drop any low grades. Extra credit was a joke-1 time only-5 pts added out of possible 740 pts! You have to ask 4 ur grades-she does respond promptly w/them. Does not give clear instructions 4 writing assignment. Falls behind. Made B+

06/09/2009
good
psyc2301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Excellent course to take online. Read the chapters and take test online.

05/05/2008
good
PSYC2314 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took her online and I thought it to be pretty easy. I do think that the course compass grading was not accurate as well. I did e-mail her about it but this was the only time she didn't respond to me. I didn't make a big deal since I got an A on that test anyways. Other than that I liked the way the class was set up.