Laura Baudot at Oberlin College

Laura Baudot

Number of ratings 14 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

2/18/14

FYSP

Most amazing teacher I have ever had. My writing skills improved tremendously in her first year seminar. She was always helpful and clear, not to mention funny and fashionable!

10/3/12

ENGL212

I took a couple classes with her. She was my favorite professor that I had during my four years at Oberlin. Very great at facilitating discussion in class, very helpful out of class. She was very open to meeting with me outside of class, even when I wasn't in a class with her. Can't say enough great things about her.

5/27/12

ENGL299

Prof. Baudot was very engaged in class and very helpful outside of class. She is one the only things that made 299 bearable. She's willing to work with you outside of class and encourages it. I highly recommend going to her office hours and talking to her there if you're struggling, not only because she's helpful, but because she's great to talk to

2/5/12

FYSP160

Professor Baudot was awesome! She did a really great job of introducing the class to college-level writing. She was always ready and willing to have one-on-one meetings outside of class and generously offered me advice on which classes to take next semester. I highly recommend taking a class with her!

6/12/11

ENGL212

I had Prof. Baudot twice and both times she was just great. Made a period of literature that I never would have enjoyed very interesting. She was always helpful and available outside of class. Always talked me through my papers. Cannot recommend her enough.

12/20/10

ENGL212

After having taken a few courses with Laura, I think it's pretty safe to say that she's awesome. Fair grader, really helpful outside of class, and always has interesting things to contribute to discussion, albeit the discussion does occasionally need a stronger hand. Plus her wardrobe is just as exciting as her classes. Marc Jacobs for the win!

5/30/10

ENGLMany

Laura is one of the best professors I've ever had. Her grace under fire and personal charisma is astounding, and she's one of the best mentors you could ask for when working on something close to your heart. I hope she gets the academic recognition she deserves.

12/9/09

FYSP160

laura baudot is fantastic! one of my all time favorite professors.

11/6/09

ENGL212

Very easy-going and extremely helpful on papers. A fair grader. Really fun to talk to outside of class, too! I haven't had problems with discussions, but I suppose in a class of not-so-bright people, her general demeanor might be a drawback, she likes to discuss along with us like another student, though she does have a tendency to ramble a bit.

4/14/09

ENG212

I have taken 2 classes with Prof. Baudot, and I have loved both of them. I think she does a very good job of getting students to talk in class. True, some do get out of hand, but she does try. Her classroom has a positive energy and dynamism that I really enjoyed. I would take any class she plans on teaching.

1/9/09

ENGL222

She really knows her stuff. She is helpful with advice on papers and assigns great readings. She is a good professor, though I will agree that some class discussions could have used more facilitating.

2/10/08

ENGL222

She is very laid back about being late with stuff and she has insightful things to say in class discussion. Luckily, other people in my class did, too, though--if you're in a Baudot class with people you wouldn't want to hear ramble a bit, it could be bad because she kind of just acts like another student. Fun class, though.

1/29/08

ENGL315

If this is a professional sports league, I am a veteran of Laura Baudot classes. She is very personable and interesting teacher, she wants you to succeed in her classes. The only knock on her is her class discussions, she tends to be heavy on group discussion. She is a fair grader.If there is a Laura Baudot taught English class, you take it.

12/17/07

ENGL222

She needs to lay down the hammer a bit more, she lets some people in the class run the discussions, which can be a pain when it's people who don't have anything interesting to say. Still, assigns awesome readings and knows her stuff. Plus, shes cute.

More English professors at Oberlin College