Robert Reed at Yale University

Number of ratings 9 / Average Grade:  B Submit a correction

12/14/13

intro to painti

Grade ReceivedB

the best, i had all the greats at Yale in the early 80's Reed my personal favorite, I remember his teaching more than any other

5/28/10

DRAW1

Look, you love him or hate him. I graduated in '99. When I look back at the profs I had at Yale, he is the stand-out. He takes you and his work SERIOUSLY, which can be scary. But consider the alternative. He can be life-changing. He was for me, and I teach now. I will always be grateful I took 3 semesters with Reed. I've never had better prof.

8/31/09

ART100

Engaging, rigorous, life-changing

2/26/09

manymany

One of the best professors.interesting projects. he pushes students to find their strengths. inspirational. believes young people are capable of great things. eccentric but trustworthy and steady teacher.

2/26/09

Art101

amazing teacher/mentor.the people who drop his class aren't getting his message. he teaches an essential work ethic and integrity which has a profound effect on a student's life and artwork.not pretentious at all,puts pretentious students in their place.if you want flaky art class,music playing in the background+dress like artist, take another clas

1/30/09

PHRm111

worstttttttttttttttttttttttt teacher ever

4/15/08

Art114

I was one of the students who was traumatized by Reed. Half of my class dropped it because they were crushed by his ludicrous workload (building a 6 foot tall bird out of only cardboard and string in a *drawing* class?). He is pretentious ("We don't call it 'copying,' we call it 'translating relationships, you see.") He scared me off art at Yale.

9/13/07

ART1

Professor Reed is one of the most irresponsible people I've ever known, and by far one of the most narrow-minded. There are those who love him, but years of therapy to try to undo the psychological abuse he enacted upon me for four years haven't yet put me into that category. Though he has a lot to teach, the damage simply isn't worth it.

12/8/05

Many Many Many

I took many classes with Prof. Reed while at Yale. He changed my life. His dedication to teaching is unquestionable. I personally found tremendous repoir with him. He does, however, tend to polarize people. I tend to see this as a good thing, you know you're in for hell when you take his class. If you like hell, you'll love R. Reed.

More Fine Arts professors at Yale University