in Yale University that teach Fine Arts Edit
B+
1.1

09/10/2014
good
basic drawing Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Amazing professor. Very serious and no nonsense but really taught me how to see light in drawing. Invaluable class. Must have thick skin though as he is completely honest in his evaluation of your work. Took the class 20years ago and still use what he taught me.

12/14/2013
good
intro to painti Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B

the best, i had all the greats at Yale in the early 80's Reed my personal favorite, I remember his teaching more than any other

05/28/2010
good
DRAW1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Look, you love him or hate him. I graduated in '99. When I look back at the profs I had at Yale, he is the stand-out. He takes you and his work SERIOUSLY, which can be scary. But consider the alternative. He can be life-changing. He was for me, and I teach now. I will always be grateful I took 3 semesters with Reed. I've never had better prof.

08/31/2009
good
ART100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Engaging, rigorous, life-changing

02/26/2009
good
manymany Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

One of the best professors.interesting projects. he pushes students to find their strengths. inspirational. believes young people are capable of great things. eccentric but trustworthy and steady teacher.

02/26/2009
good
Art101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

amazing teacher/mentor.the people who drop his class aren't getting his message. he teaches an essential work ethic and integrity which has a profound effect on a student's life and artwork.not pretentious at all,puts pretentious students in their place.if you want flaky art class,music playing in the background+dress like artist, take another clas

01/30/2009
PHRm111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

worstttttttttttttttttttttttt teacher ever

04/15/2008
Art114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I was one of the students who was traumatized by Reed. Half of my class dropped it because they were crushed by his ludicrous workload (building a 6 foot tall bird out of only cardboard and string in a *drawing* class?). He is pretentious ("We don't call it 'copying,' we call it 'translating relationships, you see.") He scared me off art at Yale.

09/13/2007
ART1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Reed is one of the most irresponsible people I've ever known, and by far one of the most narrow-minded. There are those who love him, but years of therapy to try to undo the psychological abuse he enacted upon me for four years haven't yet put me into that category. Though he has a lot to teach, the damage simply isn't worth it.

12/08/2005
good
Many Many Many Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took many classes with Prof. Reed while at Yale. He changed my life. His dedication to teaching is unquestionable. I personally found tremendous repoir with him. He does, however, tend to polarize people. I tend to see this as a good thing, you know you're in for hell when you take his class. If you like hell, you'll love R. Reed.