in Pennsylvania State University that teach Spanish Edit
Laurence Prescott
Professor in the Spanish department
at Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
are you Laurence Prescott?

01/27/2014
good
SPAN210 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Very knowledgeable and helpful. Excellent personality. He makes classes very interesting. I took this course more than 3 years ago and I still remember everything I learn in that course. Excellent professor. I wish I had taken more courses with him.

12/16/2011
Span410 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

My schedule blew this semester and I looked forward to this class every single day as basically 50 minutes where I could just hang out with friends. I got to know everyone in the class pretty well and it was an easy A. Be sure to raise your hand though, he marks down every time you speak. He's a real cool dude.

12/07/2011
good
SPAN410 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Laurence is a fabulous person, with all sorts of great insight, and a wonderful personality. Our class had the best chemistry of any group I've been a part of at Penn State, and it was largely his doing that we all got along so nicely; he facilitated discourse really well. He's hilarious too, which is a plus.

10/14/2011
good
Span410 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is hilarious, he really makes the class interesting and fun. But sometimes his exams are not based on a material that we reviewed so much. He tends to have issues with some spanish words which is funny cause he is a spanish teacher.

12/19/2009
good
Span410 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I would echo what the poster below me said. He is great, and I hope to take more classes with Dr. Prescott. He's very knowledgeable, and funny.

12/14/2009
good
SPAN410 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Smart, funny, sincere, helpful, humble and extremely supportive. Penn State needs more professors like Dr. Prescott.

12/12/2005
SPAN 132 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Not the greatest class: tons of readings, difficult to keep up. He moves though too much material too fast making it hard to learn anything. Exams a fairly simple. If you don't attend every class it is hard to keep up with things. There is a research paper that was a huge hassle.

07/08/2005
good
Span 200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prescott is a great professor. I always enjoyed going to class. He gives GREAT, thorough, detailed explanations of the stories read in class, and there is a nice balance between grammar, and readings. His exams are not difficult at all if you prepare yourself well. Be prepared to participate in class, because he will call on w/o hand raised:)

05/26/2005
SPAN 220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very hard, struggled for a C. Difficult to gauge which information will be on a test. I dreaded going. Oral presentation required.

05/03/2005
good
Span 220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Fun and interesting class, nice guy. Exams aren't too hard if you read everything, pay attention in class, and fill out the review sheets.