in Tunxis Community College that teach English Edit
Shellie Harwood
at Tunxis Community College, Farmington, CT
are you Shellie Harwood?

10/14/2014
COM 172 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: Not sure yet
"Tests are tough" "Participation matters" "Get ready to read"

Theres just something about her that I was not a fan of. I didn't like how she called out on people in class. Can be very very rude, but also has a good sense of humor. Quizzes were tough. You had to memorize every little thing in order to pass them.

12/12/2012
good
COM172 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This was a very useful and fun class! Attendance is mandatory & it is important that you aren't late. You are asked to read the text book outside of class and you often take class in notes. She often gives quizzes in the beginning of class, you have to write 3 total papers and have a final presentation. Overall, she is a great professor!

12/26/2010
good
COMM3595 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Shellie is wonderful...beware don't ever be late or have your phone ring during class!!! She does tend to pick favorites, but I never had a problem with this. Very hard grader and we only had 2 tests all semester (midterm and final)take the time to study and you will be fine! Test are 85% from notes! I loved the class and her both...

12/04/2010
good
COM3595 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Interesting.. I don't remember her being rude to anyone in my class, unless someone was disrupting the class. Being late or having your phone ring in class is a sin! Don't do it. But I loved her.. her class was amazing, I learned so much about communication. Exams are 85% based on her notes, just gotta take the time to study!

07/01/2010
comm102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

plays favorites... class can go well if your the teachers pet type .... PSA : go 10 mins early to each class

10/26/2009
COM173 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She loves to use constructed criticism as method of grading she LOVES to do it in front of the class likes to get the class to gang up on You have take your own notes She is not a nice person, and she thinks she is the best teacher ever a very big ego she is very dramatic loves drama don?t sign up for her class I wish I never walked into her class!

04/23/2009
COMM173 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

WOW!!!!! She loves to hear herself talk! She is rude and arrogant. Gives notes and tests from the book. Likes to embarrass her students infront of the class. Very hard to get a decent grade from--LAME!!!!

09/01/2008
ENG157 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She def has her class favorites,& I too had an experience with her being extremely rude to me in front of the class. She constantly talks about herself, and very unapproachable!

06/28/2007
Com172 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Personally, I didnt like her she had her favorites in class and she was very rude I drop the class bc she said some not nice things to me that i felt were inappropiate for the classroom.

05/15/2006
Eng Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Nooo way, do not take her. She asks crazy questions on tests that have little meaning to stories. Asks for tiny details about reading on daily tests and makes the class very difficult. I accidently signed up for a class with her twice so dont make my mistake, do no take her.

03/17/2006
good
com 172 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

she is a very helpful teacher that I would highly recommend her pet peeve are constantly absent or late students there are no make ups she takes her students education very seriously and will not stand for disruptions

11/03/2005
good
Perspectives Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Shellie Harwood is a great teacher...a very smart woman with alot of insight on the subject matter. I highly recommend this teacher.