Shellie Harwood at Tunxis Community College

Shellie Harwood

Number of ratings 11 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

12/12/12

COM172

This was a very useful and fun class! Attendance is mandatory & it is important that you aren't late. You are asked to read the text book outside of class and you often take class in notes. She often gives quizzes in the beginning of class, you have to write 3 total papers and have a final presentation. Overall, she is a great professor!

12/26/10

COMM3595

Shellie is wonderful...beware don't ever be late or have your phone ring during class!!! She does tend to pick favorites, but I never had a problem with this. Very hard grader and we only had 2 tests all semester (midterm and final)take the time to study and you will be fine! Test are 85% from notes! I loved the class and her both...

12/4/10

COM3595

Interesting.. I don't remember her being rude to anyone in my class, unless someone was disrupting the class. Being late or having your phone ring in class is a sin! Don't do it. But I loved her.. her class was amazing, I learned so much about communication. Exams are 85% based on her notes, just gotta take the time to study!

7/1/10

comm102

plays favorites... class can go well if your the teachers pet type .... PSA : go 10 mins early to each class

10/26/09

COM173

She loves to use constructed criticism as method of grading she LOVES to do it in front of the class likes to get the class to gang up on You have take your own notes She is not a nice person, and she thinks she is the best teacher ever a very big ego she is very dramatic loves drama don?t sign up for her class I wish I never walked into her class!

4/23/09

COMM173

WOW!!!!! She loves to hear herself talk! She is rude and arrogant. Gives notes and tests from the book. Likes to embarrass her students infront of the class. Very hard to get a decent grade from--LAME!!!!

9/1/08

ENG157

She def has her class favorites,& I too had an experience with her being extremely rude to me in front of the class. She constantly talks about herself, and very unapproachable!

6/28/07

Com172

Personally, I didnt like her she had her favorites in class and she was very rude I drop the class bc she said some not nice things to me that i felt were inappropiate for the classroom.

5/15/06

Eng

Nooo way, do not take her. She asks crazy questions on tests that have little meaning to stories. Asks for tiny details about reading on daily tests and makes the class very difficult. I accidently signed up for a class with her twice so dont make my mistake, do no take her.

3/17/06

com 172

she is a very helpful teacher that I would highly recommend her pet peeve are constantly absent or late students there are no make ups she takes her students education very seriously and will not stand for disruptions

11/3/05

Perspectives

Shellie Harwood is a great teacher...a very smart woman with alot of insight on the subject matter. I highly recommend this teacher.

More English professors at Tunxis Community College