in University of Victoria that teach Anthropology Edit
at University of Victoria, Victoria, BC
are you Andrea Walsh?
B

05/22/2014
ANTH 305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

AVOID!! Completely misled us on what was going to be on the midterm, handed out a study guide but 1 of the 3 questions on the test wasn't even on it. Said we should have known it since it was mentioned (briefly) in lecture (why even bother with a guide?!?). I'm a pretty patient student, but I got so frustrated ended up dropping the class.

05/02/2014
Anth 385 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Avoid. The class was a joke/prof is immature/does not care about her students.

03/25/2014
ANTH Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B

Andrea honestly couldn't care less about her students. Her instructions are SO vague, and she doesn't even read your essay properly and just gives out mediocre marks despite your effort, and hands back work > than a month later. Never replies emails, picks favourites. Too much time wasted trying to over complicate easy concepts. Avoid at all costs.

12/15/2013
HA 305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took 305&309 got an A in 305 and a D in 309. Completely bogus. She threw massive curve balls into her tests, barely reviewed for us and had some very strange expectations. When I went to talk to her about my miderm she was not very helpful or understanding. I liked the content of the courses & she is a nice person but the tests were BRUTAL.

12/24/2010
good
ANTH309 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took Anth 309&305 this year with Andrea and they were hands down my favourite courses I have taken so far at UVIC. I found her an easy person to talk to and very helpful. I really enjoyed the content we covered in both classes and her enthusiasim for the material.

05/19/2010
Anth305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She missed more lectures than I did. Found it difficult to understand what she was looking for. Liked her as a person, she was easy to listen to and friendly. Interesting content. I am not an artsy abstract thinker, so I did not enjoy.

04/18/2010
good
ANTH305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took Anth305&309 with Andrea and they were some of the most thought provoking classes I have taken. Fun as well with fairly easy tests. But put a lot of effort into the projects and it will be rewarded

02/05/2010
good
ANTH305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Andrea is an extremely intelligent, dedicated professor who is genuinely interested in teaching her students. She makes herself available to anyone who has a question. She does have high expectations but university course shouldn't be about slacking. Read the textbook, attend her lectures and you will emerge with a high, well-deserved grade. A+

04/24/2009
good
anth309 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I think she is a prof who cares about her students and wants them to do well. She is easy to talk to If you don't understand something, she'll do her best to explain it. Her exams aren't too difficult if you go over the lectures.

01/16/2008
good
Anth305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She really cares about answering your questions. The material is very advanced and her lectures are needed. The exams are difficult and cover a lot of material and concepts. The course was very interesting and the hard work was worth it.