Michael McCaffrey at College of the Canyons

Michael McCaffrey

Number of ratings 26 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

6/18/14

Art History 205

Don't take his online class. He is very rude though email. And wants you to do weekly writing to make sure you are paying attention to him He was a cool teacher most o the time for art 110 but he is getting burned out on teaching and it shows the act is getting old

6/10/14

Art History 110

Just finished up my second class with McCraffrey, and all I can say is I'm very satisfied with him as a teacher. Friendly, helpful, passionate and wants EVERYONE to succeed. If you love art, do yourself a favor and take one of his courses.

11/17/13

Art 111

This teacher is ridiculous, he gives you a good grade then later claims plagiarism. Its funny how every online student is accused of cheating from this guy. Its absurd and untrue, he never gave me the chance to fight back instead he just decided at the last minute to change grades and accuse. WORST TEACHER

4/10/13

ART 205

took his online art class & it was impossible to reach him by email and my phone calls were not returned. The one time he responded to my email he was not helpful at all! I thought he was pretty rude. I would not recommend taking his online class

8/1/12

Art205

This man seemed fine through out the semester. At the end of the semester after receiving good grades and comments from him, he decided that I cheated and accused of of plagiarism and went back and lowered all my grades he had given me. He was ridiculous and he totally screwed me over. I recommend not taking his class.

7/31/12

Art110

I've had McCaffrey for Art History 110,111 as well as Drawing II. I've gained so much knowledge from him! Being an art major I HIGHLY RECOMMEND him to those who are or aren't art majors. He makes learning art great! Do your work, show up & pay attention & you'll pass! Best accent to listen to while having lectures. He is amazing !

5/15/12

ART110

Just pay attention in class. It is a really boring class that has only 2 test but he gives you a complete study guide so just look at the study guide and you will be fine. If you are actually interested in this class then he is very helpful (Highly Recommend this class if you need an Art class)

4/8/12

art112

Great teacher!!!! super interesting and he is very into the art he is teaching and makes it very fun to learn about.

12/16/11

Art205

I worked my butt of in his class (He's very demanding and specific with exactly what he wants) only to have him accuse me of plagiarism after taking the final. He totally screwed me over and didn't even give me a chance to defend myself. So I went from having an A in the class to getting a low C.

5/4/11

Art124A

I had McCaffrey for 3 different classes. He is a great teacher, who really gets to know his students. He is fun, and knowledgeable, and approachable. I would recommend him to anyone.

2/13/11

Art111

Great guy. He made art seem incredibly interesting and made me actually want to pay attention. I took this class for winter so it was a three hour long class. I thought it would be hard to pay attention for that long but the passion he had for the subject made it pretty easy.

8/4/10

art111

BEST TEACHER EVER!! HE'S SO FUNNY, NICE, AND HANDSOME. MADE THE SUBJECT INTERESTING. HE'S VERY CARING TOWARDS STUDENTS AND UNDERSTANDS IF YOU GET A BAD GRADE ON A TEST. TAKE HIM!!!!

7/26/10

Art224A

I had Mike for 3 semesters in a row. He really gets to know the students, and helps based on their artistic progress. Mike is one of my favorite art teachers.

11/22/09

ART205

I am taking this online class right now, It isnt that hard but there are internet assignments and discussion board postings weekly, do not fall behind on them because it will effect your grade. My main complaint is that it is confusing how the grading works because i'll write an essay for the midterm but it is worth 8 points? its weird

7/22/09

ART224A

Very great teacher. By far one of my favorite art teachers at COC. His lectures are like poetry and my artwork improved more in his class then in my five years of taking figure drawing. Not to mention his amazing accent! highly HIGHLY recommended.

1/26/09

art2D

This was my first art class after a long absence from the subject so I was afraid I would be bored in this 'basics' class. His projects we not only fun but I learned something new and interesting from each one. Great teacher, his only expectation is that each student give 100% and to do their best. He grades in accordance with that expectation.

9/28/08

ART140

I have him for 2D Art. His style of teaching is more classical/mentorship type of teaching which is very hard for someone who grew up in the public school system. He will not tell you exactly what you are doing and is a bit vague at times. It can be annoying and frustrating but it is a challenge! He loves it when students celebrate his birthday!

5/27/08

art124

scotland accent but a great teacher. His assignments are easy and the activities are quite enjoyable!

12/11/06

ART101

I loved this class. But I only recommend it if you are interested into the subject. He is a great teacher and is very passionate about it. His tests are by far the most difficult ones ive ever taken! you literally have to constantly take notes on his lectures and read the book, but i learned a lot. I love his accent, hes funny, and good looking.

12/10/06

Art110

Oh yes, the man is undoubtedly Scottish, which is quite nice to listen to at 7:45 in the morning. He is very knowledgeable in his field and is very laid back. His tests are hard, but he lets you know what to study beforehand. He also has a sense of humor and shares a slight resemblance to Michael Buble, if you really care to know.

More Art History professors at College of the Canyons

It looks like this department doesn't have many professors on RateMyProfessors.com. Add a new professor to this school!