in College of the Canyons that teach Art History Edit
Michael McCaffrey
Professor in the Art History department
at College of the Canyons, Valencia, CA
are you Michael McCaffrey?

06/18/2014
Art History 205 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Don't take his online class. He is very rude though email. And wants you to do weekly writing to make sure you are paying attention to him He was a cool teacher most o the time for art 110 but he is getting burned out on teaching and it shows the act is getting old

06/10/2014
good
Art History 110 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Just finished up my second class with McCraffrey, and all I can say is I'm very satisfied with him as a teacher. Friendly, helpful, passionate and wants EVERYONE to succeed. If you love art, do yourself a favor and take one of his courses.

11/17/2013
Art 111 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This teacher is ridiculous, he gives you a good grade then later claims plagiarism. Its funny how every online student is accused of cheating from this guy. Its absurd and untrue, he never gave me the chance to fight back instead he just decided at the last minute to change grades and accuse. WORST TEACHER

04/10/2013
ART 205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

took his online art class & it was impossible to reach him by email and my phone calls were not returned. The one time he responded to my email he was not helpful at all! I thought he was pretty rude. I would not recommend taking his online class

08/01/2012
Art205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This man seemed fine through out the semester. At the end of the semester after receiving good grades and comments from him, he decided that I cheated and accused of of plagiarism and went back and lowered all my grades he had given me. He was ridiculous and he totally screwed me over. I recommend not taking his class.

07/31/2012
good
Art110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I've had McCaffrey for Art History 110,111 as well as Drawing II. I've gained so much knowledge from him! Being an art major I HIGHLY RECOMMEND him to those who are or aren't art majors. He makes learning art great! Do your work, show up & pay attention & you'll pass! Best accent to listen to while having lectures. He is amazing !

05/15/2012
good
ART110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Just pay attention in class. It is a really boring class that has only 2 test but he gives you a complete study guide so just look at the study guide and you will be fine. If you are actually interested in this class then he is very helpful (Highly Recommend this class if you need an Art class)

04/08/2012
good
art112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher!!!! super interesting and he is very into the art he is teaching and makes it very fun to learn about.

12/16/2011
Art205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I worked my butt of in his class (He's very demanding and specific with exactly what he wants) only to have him accuse me of plagiarism after taking the final. He totally screwed me over and didn't even give me a chance to defend myself. So I went from having an A in the class to getting a low C.

05/04/2011
good
Art124A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I had McCaffrey for 3 different classes. He is a great teacher, who really gets to know his students. He is fun, and knowledgeable, and approachable. I would recommend him to anyone.

02/13/2011
good
Art111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Great guy. He made art seem incredibly interesting and made me actually want to pay attention. I took this class for winter so it was a three hour long class. I thought it would be hard to pay attention for that long but the passion he had for the subject made it pretty easy.

08/04/2010
good
art111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

BEST TEACHER EVER!! HE'S SO FUNNY, NICE, AND HANDSOME. MADE THE SUBJECT INTERESTING. HE'S VERY CARING TOWARDS STUDENTS AND UNDERSTANDS IF YOU GET A BAD GRADE ON A TEST. TAKE HIM!!!!

07/26/2010
good
Art224A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I had Mike for 3 semesters in a row. He really gets to know the students, and helps based on their artistic progress. Mike is one of my favorite art teachers.

11/22/2009
ART205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I am taking this online class right now, It isnt that hard but there are internet assignments and discussion board postings weekly, do not fall behind on them because it will effect your grade. My main complaint is that it is confusing how the grading works because i'll write an essay for the midterm but it is worth 8 points? its weird

07/22/2009
good
ART224A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very great teacher. By far one of my favorite art teachers at COC. His lectures are like poetry and my artwork improved more in his class then in my five years of taking figure drawing. Not to mention his amazing accent! highly HIGHLY recommended.

01/26/2009
good
art2D Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This was my first art class after a long absence from the subject so I was afraid I would be bored in this 'basics' class. His projects we not only fun but I learned something new and interesting from each one. Great teacher, his only expectation is that each student give 100% and to do their best. He grades in accordance with that expectation.

09/28/2008
good
ART140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I have him for 2D Art. His style of teaching is more classical/mentorship type of teaching which is very hard for someone who grew up in the public school system. He will not tell you exactly what you are doing and is a bit vague at times. It can be annoying and frustrating but it is a challenge! He loves it when students celebrate his birthday!

05/27/2008
good
art124 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

scotland accent but a great teacher. His assignments are easy and the activities are quite enjoyable!

12/11/2006
good
ART101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I loved this class. But I only recommend it if you are interested into the subject. He is a great teacher and is very passionate about it. His tests are by far the most difficult ones ive ever taken! you literally have to constantly take notes on his lectures and read the book, but i learned a lot. I love his accent, hes funny, and good looking.

12/10/2006
good
Art110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Oh yes, the man is undoubtedly Scottish, which is quite nice to listen to at 7:45 in the morning. He is very knowledgeable in his field and is very laid back. His tests are hard, but he lets you know what to study beforehand. He also has a sense of humor and shares a slight resemblance to Michael Buble, if you really care to know.