in College of the Canyons that teach Art History Edit
Michael McCaffrey
Professor in the Art History department
at College of the Canyons, Valencia, CA
are you Michael McCaffrey?

06/18/2014
Art History 205 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Don't take his online class. He is very rude though email. And wants you to do weekly writing to make sure you are paying attention to him He was a cool teacher most o the time for art 110 but he is getting burned out on teaching and it shows the act is getting old

06/10/2014
good
Art History 110 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Just finished up my second class with McCraffrey, and all I can say is I'm very satisfied with him as a teacher. Friendly, helpful, passionate and wants EVERYONE to succeed. If you love art, do yourself a favor and take one of his courses.

11/17/2013
Art 111 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This teacher is ridiculous, he gives you a good grade then later claims plagiarism. Its funny how every online student is accused of cheating from this guy. Its absurd and untrue, he never gave me the chance to fight back instead he just decided at the last minute to change grades and accuse. WORST TEACHER

04/10/2013
ART 205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

took his online art class & it was impossible to reach him by email and my phone calls were not returned. The one time he responded to my email he was not helpful at all! I thought he was pretty rude. I would not recommend taking his online class

08/01/2012
Art205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This man seemed fine through out the semester. At the end of the semester after receiving good grades and comments from him, he decided that I cheated and accused of of plagiarism and went back and lowered all my grades he had given me. He was ridiculous and he totally screwed me over. I recommend not taking his class.

07/31/2012
good
Art110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I've had McCaffrey for Art History 110,111 as well as Drawing II. I've gained so much knowledge from him! Being an art major I HIGHLY RECOMMEND him to those who are or aren't art majors. He makes learning art great! Do your work, show up & pay attention & you'll pass! Best accent to listen to while having lectures. He is amazing !

05/15/2012
good
ART110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Just pay attention in class. It is a really boring class that has only 2 test but he gives you a complete study guide so just look at the study guide and you will be fine. If you are actually interested in this class then he is very helpful (Highly Recommend this class if you need an Art class)

04/08/2012
good
art112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher!!!! super interesting and he is very into the art he is teaching and makes it very fun to learn about.

12/16/2011
Art205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I worked my butt of in his class (He's very demanding and specific with exactly what he wants) only to have him accuse me of plagiarism after taking the final. He totally screwed me over and didn't even give me a chance to defend myself. So I went from having an A in the class to getting a low C.

05/04/2011
good
Art124A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I had McCaffrey for 3 different classes. He is a great teacher, who really gets to know his students. He is fun, and knowledgeable, and approachable. I would recommend him to anyone.