Judy Pula at Frostburg State University

Judy Pula

Number of ratings 23 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/8/12

engl101

She is very nice outside of class, but as soon as she comes out of the room and says, "would you please be sure to turn off your cell phones and put them in deep sotrage" you know your day is going to suck. We know to have them off by now. If you make the smallest error, FAIL, if the paper is not numbered, FAIL. overall dont take her class ever

10/10/12

Eng101

Im warning you do not take this class if your not ready to work ; Not trying to discourage , but dont try to aim to high for grades either , at least try to get a C or low B , this class is hard and this lady is no joke , i wish i hadnt picked this teacher ,i regret it so much

4/18/12

ENG101

She wrote the book that we used in class, so dont think about trying to bs a paper cause she will know. She knows every grammar error known to man and knows how to spell every word in the dictonary. You have to spend at least 12 hour + on a paper if you expect to pass it. Hard class but it teaches you how to write.

4/6/11

ENGL101

She wrote our book, she only allowed seven grammar errors per 500 words, i failed a paper because i forgot to capitalize the title. She will teach you though, very good teacher, my grammar and writing improved. Dont aim for more than a C. Try to avoid if you dont want to work hard.

8/31/10

Engl101

She was evil and made us use a book she wrote herself with many grammar mistakes. She was unclear on grammar rules she taught in the classroom. She felt that a C grade was good and only 3 people got above that.

5/23/10

ENGL101

Teaches you how to write on your own. Getting an A is extremely hard in this class.

4/22/10

ENG101

Dr. Pula is an amazing teacher, I had to take her class after i failed english comp 1st semester. She is the best teacher to have for freshmen because she breaks everything down for you. She also teaches the perfect criteria for essays. I never thought i'd end up loving her class but I do and I thank her for helping me pass. Pay attention!It helps

4/7/08

Engl101

she is such an amazing teacher. she really believes that you can pass and gives you confidence.take her if you have the chance. she will go out of her way to help you in anyway she can

2/9/08

ENGL101

She is a wonderful teacher who helped me pass freshman composition. I would highly recommend her.

12/15/05

Engl 101

Dr. Judith Pula is a wonderful teacher. She also sits down with her students and helps them go over their paper. I would recommend her to anyone who takes freshmen composition because of her teaching method and genuine interest in everyone’s every day life and how they do in not only her class but in all their other classes.

11/7/05

english 150

Hard ass at first but i learned so much from this lady. She set the frame work for every paper i have done after being in her class! You will thank her laer!!

8/24/05

Freshman Comp

8/17/05

ENG 101

She demands way to much perfection from students. Does not understand that many students need help in english and need to be helped not pushed to do it on there own. At least so soon. If you demand more attention personally do not take Judith Pula. She will not help you outside of the class or before due dates. She sends you to writing center.

12/12/04

Freshmen Comp

She means well but is way more harsh on the rules for her papers then she shoudl be. I mean she literly exspects you to write a perfect paper in the classroom and that is not realistic. She's very nice though but I think it's a little creepy how comfortable she is with failing people.

12/7/04

ENG 101

I had her my second semester of college and she amazed me. As a woman she is extremely inspiring. I am now in my 3rd year and still use the writing technique she taught me. She also kept me very motivated and included real life topics into an english class. I give her an A+++

11/8/04

Fr./Adv. Eng

Dr. Pula is the best professor I have ever had. She was tough but I learned so much from her. She really cares about her students and wants them to excel in all that they do. I have never put so much time and effort into a class but I wanted to. She will take time out of her day jsut to help you

10/16/04

eng 101

excellent professor. very inteligent woman and am so thankful i had her as a professor.my writing has increased dramatically thanks to her.thank you so much!

5/8/04

Fr/ADV Com

Rater Interest

Great professor. Works students hard. Very demanding. Very rewarding. Will make your career rewarding. She is the best asset to my writing. Even though she is hard she cares and will help students. She has taught me to never give up. A+++++

5/5/04

engl 101

Rater Interest

demands perfection when it is a beginer class, is not clear, is not helpful, SUCKS! Dr. Wiley is much better!

4/26/04

fresh comp

Rater Interest

i have never learned so much in any class before ever. She is very detailed and demands hardwork and near perfection, but that just helps you learn more. My writing abilities increased 10 fold after her class as well as GPA. Just be her friend.

More English professors at Frostburg State University