in Clackamas Community College that teach Writing Edit
Trista Cornelius
Professor in the Writing department
at Clackamas Community College, Oregon City, OR
are you Trista Cornelius?

06/21/2013
good
121 Taken for Credit:No Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I have taken three classes with her, she is a great instructor and person. She is very helpful. I recommend taking a onsite class rather than online.

05/22/2013
good
SSC-170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Trista is wonderful. She is one of the best teachers I've encountered at CCC. She loves what she teaches and it shows. I found the class structure to be engaging and well organized. Every term I look for whatever she is teaching and see if I can make it fit into my schedule.

05/14/2013
good
WRI 240 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She really helped me with my writing. She is encouraging and thoughtful with her criticism and ideas. She helped push me and guide me with my pieces. She's a writer interested in helping other writers pursue their interest.

04/23/2013
good
WR240 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

My husband and I tok this class together. He had taken one of her other classes and found her to be a great teacher. I loved her class. It awakened in me the love of writing and to this day I continue writing using the prompts she first gave me. She even encouraged us to do a pod cast with our writings.

04/01/2013
good
WR 121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Trista is very detailed, helpful, understanding and knowledgeable. I LOVED her class until I took WR 122 with another instructor and felt completely unprepared and behind in comprehension. She is a great instructor but very different & much easier than most of the other WR instructors at CCC, so just be prepared. Overall I loved her and the class.

12/12/2012
good
WR121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Trista is a great instructor; lively and helpful, she asks a lot out of you but puts a lot into you - very encouraging. Trista recognizes that writing can be daunting and difficult, but helps you work through the difficulty rather than being stalled by it. I loved her class and found her to be not only an instructor but also a friend.

12/05/2012
WR121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She wasn't very helpful to me, and her online class was bogus. She seems really nice, though.

05/25/2012
good
Writ095 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

A great teacher! She is very motivating and her assignments are challenging and intriguing! I really look forward to my next term with her!

03/22/2012
good
WR90 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She was awesome, more then willing to help you if you put in the work. She made writing very easy for me this term

11/15/2011
good
wr121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have had Trista for all my writing classes and lit she is a amazing teacher who take time for her students u highly recommend her to anyone and if you feel you are stuggling go to her office hour they are there for a reason

09/29/2011
good
WR121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She was a great teacher. Allowed me to express myself through writing and was always really interested in what students had to say about writing and class discussions. She's very high-spirited.

06/11/2011
WR121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Seems like she would be a good teacher, but online classes move too fast and make it very difficult to learn anything.

05/10/2011
good
WR240 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is a wonderful teacher. I first took her food class, and the next term went on to take her creative writing class. She is fun, energetic, funny, and she really cares. Defiantly a great teacher.

04/19/2011
good
WRing Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Awesome!

12/05/2010
good
ENG104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

An awesome teacher!!!! And all the negative comments should be put on the end of term questionnaire... She does make things better. Im taking more classes from her!

11/16/2010
good
eng104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She does help the individuals who seek help! Very helpful and open! Class flows well and alot is taught!

07/14/2010
good
Eng102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

For all the bad reviews I never felt manipulated or abandoned. Trista constantly involves her class in discussions and in my experience encourages group work. She is open to discuss questions after class and during her office hours. She has a passion for what she teaches and is willing to be flexible with students.

06/09/2010
WRing Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Recommend looking at teacher's curriculum's b4 doin ANY classes at CCC, u get what u pay for. Trista grades on favorites not work, no lessons on grammar, punctuation, or sentence structure. She gives no direction on essays until its graded and by then its too late, no improvement on writing at all. Needs to update knowledge on teaching.

06/02/2010
good
wr240 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

My experience with Trista may have been a lot different because I took her for creative writing, not academic writing. However, I was working on projects way more advanced than the other people in the class so she worked a lot with me one on one and I found her to be really helpful. She was really encouraging and just all around great.

12/16/2009
LIT104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I do not like her teaching style! She is old fashioned, and does not know how to teach her subject!