Trista Cornelius at Clackamas Community College

Trista Cornelius

Number of ratings 24 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

6/21/13

Open

I have taken three classes with her, she is a great instructor and person. She is very helpful. I recommend taking a onsite class rather than online.

5/22/13

SSC-170

Trista is wonderful. She is one of the best teachers I've encountered at CCC. She loves what she teaches and it shows. I found the class structure to be engaging and well organized. Every term I look for whatever she is teaching and see if I can make it fit into my schedule.

5/14/13

WRI 240

She really helped me with my writing. She is encouraging and thoughtful with her criticism and ideas. She helped push me and guide me with my pieces. She's a writer interested in helping other writers pursue their interest.

4/23/13

WR240

My husband and I tok this class together. He had taken one of her other classes and found her to be a great teacher. I loved her class. It awakened in me the love of writing and to this day I continue writing using the prompts she first gave me. She even encouraged us to do a pod cast with our writings.

4/1/13

WR 121

Trista is very detailed, helpful, understanding and knowledgeable. I LOVED her class until I took WR 122 with another instructor and felt completely unprepared and behind in comprehension. She is a great instructor but very different & much easier than most of the other WR instructors at CCC, so just be prepared. Overall I loved her and the class.

12/12/12

WR121

Trista is a great instructor; lively and helpful, she asks a lot out of you but puts a lot into you - very encouraging. Trista recognizes that writing can be daunting and difficult, but helps you work through the difficulty rather than being stalled by it. I loved her class and found her to be not only an instructor but also a friend.

12/5/12

WR121

She wasn't very helpful to me, and her online class was bogus. She seems really nice, though.

5/25/12

Writ095

A great teacher! She is very motivating and her assignments are challenging and intriguing! I really look forward to my next term with her!

3/22/12

WR90

She was awesome, more then willing to help you if you put in the work. She made writing very easy for me this term

11/15/11

wr121

I have had Trista for all my writing classes and lit she is a amazing teacher who take time for her students u highly recommend her to anyone and if you feel you are stuggling go to her office hour they are there for a reason

9/29/11

WR121

She was a great teacher. Allowed me to express myself through writing and was always really interested in what students had to say about writing and class discussions. She's very high-spirited.

6/11/11

WR121

Seems like she would be a good teacher, but online classes move too fast and make it very difficult to learn anything.

5/10/11

WR240

She is a wonderful teacher. I first took her food class, and the next term went on to take her creative writing class. She is fun, energetic, funny, and she really cares. Defiantly a great teacher.

4/19/11

WRing

12/5/10

ENG104

An awesome teacher!!!! And all the negative comments should be put on the end of term questionnaire... She does make things better. Im taking more classes from her!

11/16/10

eng104

She does help the individuals who seek help! Very helpful and open! Class flows well and alot is taught!

7/14/10

Eng102

For all the bad reviews I never felt manipulated or abandoned. Trista constantly involves her class in discussions and in my experience encourages group work. She is open to discuss questions after class and during her office hours. She has a passion for what she teaches and is willing to be flexible with students.

6/9/10

WRing

Recommend looking at teacher's curriculum's b4 doin ANY classes at CCC, u get what u pay for. Trista grades on favorites not work, no lessons on grammar, punctuation, or sentence structure. She gives no direction on essays until its graded and by then its too late, no improvement on writing at all. Needs to update knowledge on teaching.

6/2/10

wr240

My experience with Trista may have been a lot different because I took her for creative writing, not academic writing. However, I was working on projects way more advanced than the other people in the class so she worked a lot with me one on one and I found her to be really helpful. She was really encouraging and just all around great.

12/16/09

LIT104

I do not like her teaching style! She is old fashioned, and does not know how to teach her subject!

More Writing professors at Clackamas Community College