ED Otto at West Chester University of Pennsylvania

ED Otto

Number of ratings 8 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

7/26/06

Techniques 2004

This is neat. Did not know this rating site was up. I learned a great deal from Mr. Otto. His stories were entertaining. Sometimes easy to get off of topic. We had a big class and he took time out to meet with us to correct or guide the final drill projects. Band budget and planning guide unit was most helpful Dr. V lecture helpful.

7/18/06

Band

He did not really teach too much but when he did, we got a great deal done at those rehearsals. Cool guy who seems to get along with everyone - band members and staffers. Another reason I am looking forward to the fall again! He could be a bit stricter at times - but I realize he was teaching a clinic.

6/10/06

Marching Band

Pretty much what a college marching band director should be. I observed his HS band program last week and, while the kids are rough, he handles any situation. I am looking forward to band this fall because of this guy. I agree - a great refference. This guy arranges, write drill, knows who to call to get things done in the business.

4/30/06

marching band

I have had the oppertunity to work with him on various projects. His attention to detail in a real world setting is spot on! I hope the university does not loose this guy. He had help several of my students prepare for interviews and auditions over the years. All were prepared and successful. They are all now teaching and successful.

3/13/06

Marching tech

He is a great resource. I am teaching at a high school right now and have been using his "methods"

10/23/05

MARCHINGBAND

Incredible - this guy seems to have it covered! This is my first year in the band and I heard him announce last year when I was at WCU as a HS member of band at the WCU show. He was right, this school rocks - I wish he was teaching us more than he is............I think the staff should be teaching more! The kids should learn from Mr. Otto.

10/18/05

TECH/BAND

I find that he is very knowledgeable about anything having to do with real world teaching situations. He is actually a teacher in tough school district. He always brings his "A" game when he teaches. A great announcer - The music school should use him as a recruiter!! I know there are many students in the band because of this guy.

9/25/05

MBA

Mr. Otto is extremly helpful and clear. I watched him work with high school students and college students and I wonder why he is not runing the college marching band. I have him for the Marching tech class this year. He ran the marching band rehearsal last week and we learned more in one day than we did so far this season combined! He rules!

More Music professors at West Chester University of Pennsylvania